There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Demarcus Dobbs

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I dont see what Dobbs really does well tho. im rooting for him but I dont get the hype.

Rush the passer? He had 2.5 sacks last pre-season, and plenty pressures and QB hits so far this preseason. You dont make a team as stacked as our D as UDFA without having immense potential. He is one of our best ST players, realistically top 5, maybe top 3. He was a phenomenal TE in high school and could probably rediscover some of his old skill set if we trim him down to the 260s from the high 270s low 280s. He didn't look lost at OLB and generally plays "well" in every position we've tested him in.
I dont see what Dobbs really does well tho. im rooting for him but I dont get the hype.

Its pretty amazing to be a three way player. No one else on the roster is being used in quite the same way.

he just dominated the line of scrimmage last year in preseason, that's all.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he just dominated the line of scrimmage last year in preseason, that's all.

that says alot... not many Dline guys can dominated LOS like that, whether its starters or 2nd and 3rd stringers.. Plus Dobbs is only in his 2nd season... Most Dline guys don't get to their full potential until about 3rd season or later.. Like RayMac or Smith.. The future looks really REALLY good for Dobbs. IMO

Not only did Dobbs bull rush O-lineman last game, he ran around them and caused pressure from the edge, he caused multiple pressures and I think shared a sack. Then he made tackles on special teams, which means he is fast enough to get his 280lbs down the field in a hurry. Then he played TE, and made a big hole for Gore to run through. But you're right, besides all of those things, he doesn't really do anything that impressive.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Aug 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]
Becoming one of my favorite 49ers.
Originally posted by bleeds9ersredandgold:
that says alot... not many Dline guys can dominated LOS like that, whether its starters or 2nd and 3rd stringers.. Plus Dobbs is only in his 2nd season... Most Dline guys don't get to their full potential until about 3rd season or later.. Like RayMac or Smith.. The future looks really REALLY good for Dobbs. IMO

Smith has been good since he entered the league. He had the misfortune of playing for the Bengals.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Not only did Dobbs bull rush O-lineman last game, he ran around them and caused pressure from the edge, he caused multiple pressures and I think shared a sack. Then he made tackles on special teams, which means he is fast enough to get his 280lbs down the field in a hurry. Then he played TE, and made a big hole for Gore to run through. But you're right, besides all of those things, he doesn't really do anything that impressive.

LOL!

He looked good playing OLB last game and like you said, he can bull rush, speed rush (keeps his eyes on the QB) AND seals the edge well as a DE or SAM/WILL in the 3-4. I'm starting to wonder if his skill set and versatility would affect the roster any. If we have Brooks/Smith and Dobbs looks good at either SAM/WILL, will that mean we drop Haralson and his large contract and the two backups would be Demarcus Dobbs & Eric Bakhtiari?

I know Fangio said he wanted to get a heavy look at Ikaika Alama-Francis this next pre season game as well. Is Haralson on the bubble?
Originally posted by WINiner:

how many games has he suited up in?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
Originally posted by WINiner:

how many games has he suited up in?

14 including the 2 playoff games
[ Edited by sfout on Aug 22, 2012 at 4:22 PM ]
He is going to be a surprise at TE. Why? Because we are practicing him there but not showing it in a game. Who does that? A coach that wants to hide something.
Originally posted by Joecool:
He is going to be a surprise at TE. Why? Because we are practicing him there but not showing it in a game. Who does that? A coach that wants to hide something.

We're going to see some crazy shot his year, I can't wait
What is the boards opinion of Dobbs now after the 2012 season? Didn't play much on the DL rotation when he was healthy; Plays multiple roles for the team (Special team, TE, DT/DE, etc; had a incident with the law (MJ car accident) and got injured and unable to play during the post season.

Due to the lack of depth/lack of pass rush during the post season on the DLine, We have a lot of people concerned about what will we do this offseason to improve.

Besides Special teams, Where does Dobbs fit in? Does anyone still feel he has the potential to get in the DLine rotation this year?
[ Edited by BigYellowKahuna on Feb 19, 2013 at 1:22 PM ]
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:
What is the boards opinion of Dobbs now after the 2012 season? Didn't play much on the DL rotation when he was healthy; Plays multiple roles for the team (Special team, TE, DT/DE, etc; had a incident with the law (MJ car accident) and got injured and unable to play during the post season.

Due to the lack of depth/lack of pass rush during the post season on the DLine, We have a lot of people concerned about what will do this offseason to improve.

Besides Special teams, Where does Dobbs fit in? Does anyone still feel he has the potential to get in the DLine rotation this year?

Yes, but we still need to draft DL
Originally posted by BigYellowKahuna:

Due to the lack of depth/lack of pass rush during the post season on the DLine, We have a lot of people concerned about what will do this offseason to improve.

I don't know. I can see him being replaced. He is a pre-season warrior, but that is all we've seen up to this point.
I don't think he makes the team.