LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
why do people think the injury is fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How is Crabtree faking out the team doctors? How is he faking out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.

Last year, not this year.

Ok:

why do people think last years injury was fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How did Crabtree fake out the team doctors? How did he fake out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.
why do people think the injury is fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How is Crabtree faking out the team doctors? How is he faking out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.

Ok:

why do people think last years injury was fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How did Crabtree fake out the team doctors? How did he fake out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.

He was praciticing at full speed but said he didn't feel good when it game to preseason game time. He was cleared to play but they can only go by what he says.

Ok:

this
Originally posted by valrod33:

this x infinity.

HATERS GONNA HATE

Ok:

He was praciticing at full speed but said he didn't feel good when it game to preseason game time. He was cleared to play but they can only go by what he says.

maybe its because in practice nothing happens that can cause jarring collisions to the neck, which can happen easily in a game situation.

No offense, but it takes a stubborn kind of willful ignorance to see the Crabtree injury situations with the level of distrust and rancor that so many on this board view it with.

Ok:

Being cleared to play does not mean anything in terms of being risk-free of re-injuring something. Case in point, Sing said he could be out there in the regular season, but in games that don't count.. why should we have wanted to risk significant damage to our #1 WR?

All this rubbish aside, what he does on the field this year and next will go a long way in altering perceptions, because that's all people are going off of right now. The way you perceive him, the way you perceive the circumstances, the facts, etc. ...

I just want to win football games, and he is a tremendous help to us in doing that. LEAVE CRABTREE ALONE!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Crabtree has done some stupid, immature things since he was drafted, including his holdout. However, it is becoming clear that the team has bought into Harbaugh's schemes and along with that is the fact the Harbaugh expects a lot of effort and focus from the players. Consequently, once fully healthy, I see Crabtree finally making the kind of effort he needs to bring his potential to the field with results. Harbaugh will not put up with a malingerer or someone who doesn't put out the effort. MC will either perform or be in a small doghouse in the Salinas valley for the balance of the season.

How many weeks do you think it takes him to get back into game play and chemistry? His ass better not cause some INT's due to chemistry issues.
That is the big question. The bad part of it is that the chemistry is largely developed in TC and PS games, of which Crabtree has not, and reportedly will not be a part of this season. I would be very upset if he makes a repeat of last year when he was the least productive target for Alex. Of course, with a much better scheme and the addition of Edwards, there will not likely be as much pressure to get the ball to MC as there appeared to be early last year.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
100% Crabtree fan right here.
Crabtree has done some stupid, immature things since he was drafted, including his holdout. However, it is becoming clear that the team has bought into Harbaugh's schemes and along with that is the fact the Harbaugh expects a lot of effort and focus from the players. Consequently, once fully healthy, I see Crabtree finally making the kind of effort he needs to bring his potential to the field with results. Harbaugh will not put up with a malingerer or someone who doesn't put out the effort. MC will either perform or be in a small doghouse in the Salinas valley for the balance of the season.

How many weeks do you think it takes him to get back into game play and chemistry? His ass better not cause some INT's due to chemistry issues.
That is the big question. The bad part of it is that the chemistry is largely developed in TC and PS games, of which Crabtree has not, and reportedly will not be a part of this season. I would be very upset if he makes a repeat of last year when he was the least productive target for Alex. Of course, with a much better scheme and the addition of Edwards, there will not likely be as much pressure to get the ball to MC as there appeared to be early last year.

I think this will help a great deal, and hopefully minimize any mistakes by Crabtree. Crab has at least been doing what work he can, working on his hands even though he can't run, so although we may expect some rust in the beginning.. I think he should be fine and up to speed within 3-4 weeks. We'll see if he gets in the last pre-season game, that'll be one good sign.
Originally posted by Chief:

Originally posted by Chief:

Amen Brother! I'm with you!

I don't get it either, i think he puts in a solid amount of time....do i think he could put in more? Yes. Do i REALLY care that he has missed the pre-season? No. i mean its the preseason. as long as he has his nose in the book and he is in the meetings and he is practicing when it matters then i don't care about the preseason. At all. (except to see some new rookies or new players the team picked up) And given the QB/HC/OC problems he has had in his first two years i think he has performed well. I remember an article i read that was talking about Sing trying to use Crabs as a deep threat. and he won't be used like that here with Harbaugh, because Harbaugh's offense is going to be quick routs get the ball in the recivers hands kind of plays. that will be perfect for crabs, and he will have a break out year this year. I guarantee it

I think what is sticking everyone's craw is that he was less than lukewarm about his support for Alex, despite going to Camp Alex. In the last week, VD and Braylon have squarely made public statements stating their support for Alex. Josh(ua) Morgan, he's been quiet lately but I think that Alex has some polaroids of him based on his support.

If Crabtree were to say "Hey, my foot is almost healed, can't wait to get out there to play with my QB and Braylon and VD, etc. Meanwhile, I'm virtually practicing in the meeting rooms, learning all I can to be ready when the bell rings, etc." The fans would be giving him the benefit of the doubt and so much slack.

Instead, he comes across as aloof, biding his time.
im on the Crabwagon too. nobody gets hurt on purpose and only nolans team training staff was dumb enough to trot out a player with a horrible injury and not know about it.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:
I think what is sticking everyone's craw is that he was less than lukewarm about his support for Alex, despite going to Camp Alex. In the last week, VD and Braylon have squarely made public statements stating their support for Alex. Josh(ua) Morgan, he's been quiet lately but I think that Alex has some polaroids of him based on his support.

If Crabtree were to say "Hey, my foot is almost healed, can't wait to get out there to play with my QB and Braylon and VD, etc. Meanwhile, I'm virtually practicing in the meeting rooms, learning all I can to be ready when the bell rings, etc." The fans would be giving him the benefit of the doubt and so much slack.

Instead, he comes across as aloof, biding his time.

Honestly, I don't care if Smith and Crabtree aren't best buddies -- if it's not hurting the TEAM, and as long as they get along well enough to get the job done on game day, that's not a problem. But yeah, I think that's another big part of the perception that leads to this Crabtree hate. The whole little media nonsense that made something out of nothing, trying to say Smith and Crabtree didn't get along or something -- based on twisted quotes to create a story. Crabtree is not adept at talking to the media, and doesn't talk much to them to begin with, probably because it is not an overwhelming desire of his for the attention nor is it his strong suit.

Crabtree was asked: Is "throwing with the quarterback beneficial toward improving chemistry."
He said: "Who's the quarterback?"

What he meant was: "Which quarterback?"

I think he was surprised to hear the media naming a starter for the team already. At the very beginning of June. When most FANS still didn't know or even expect that Alex would be coming back. There was still talk elsewhere that another team could sign him as a FA when the lockout was lifted. There was nothing to that story. And Crabtree's follow-up quote of: "Whoever the quarterback is, I'm 100 percent down with it and I'm ready to go. That's it." slams the door on that issue.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I think he was surprised to hear the media naming a starter for the team already.

Well as I recall, this was not sudden headline news... so it just yet again points to a player "not plugged in" to what his team has been doing. It's offensive. It's aloof... and more offensive. I personally want my top pick WR paying attention to every scrap of team news. Is that so wrong?
Share 49ersWebzone