LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

I still dont understand the Crabtree hate ....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Howlett:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Because of the way he carries himself. He mopes around like a little b***h. Acts like he doesn't want to be a Niner. He wants to be a Cowboy so bad he injured his foot playing around in Tony Romo's ass.

Man slow your roll...what you just posted is pure speculation.

He is on record saying he grew up a Cowboys fan. Michael Irvin was his favorite WR. And the stuff about the attitude, I've watched with my own eyes...

What the f*** does this have to do with anything? Sergio Romo grew up a Dodger fan and Fernando Valenzuela was his favorite pitcher. Does that mean he doesnt want to be a Giant?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Because of the way he carries himself. He mopes around like a little b***h. Acts like he doesn't want to be a Niner. He wants to be a Cowboy so bad he injured his foot playing around in Tony Romo's ass.

Man slow your roll...what you just posted is pure speculation.

He is on record saying he grew up a Cowboys fan. Michael Irvin was his favorite WR. And the stuff about the attitude, I've watched with my own eyes...

What the f*** does this have to do with anything? Sergio Romo grew up a Dodger fan and Fernando Valenzuela was his favorite pitcher. Does that mean he doesnt want to be a Giant?
Read the rest of the conversation
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Players get better by practicing....not Crabtree's favorite thing, practice that is. I don't hate him, I just wish he was a better version of himself, you know the player he THINKS he is, that guy is great, I believe Crabtree said during his hold out he would be the Michael Jordan of football, more like the Michele Kwan, (without the hours of practice she puts in.) So yeah if you call disappointment "Hate" then count me and a lot of other 9er fans in!

i agreed it.. u are good job that good point..
This guy can't be serious. Bro, are you serious? No, you couldn't possibly be serious. If you can't see what a punk buster this dude is, you better open your eyes. Then again, if he shuts up and plays to his potential, it will all be water under the bridge.
[ Edited by Kilgore_Trout on Aug 26, 2011 at 12:24 AM ]
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by fastforward:
Alex was here but he was always getting benched for sub par play. I do agree with you 100% our starting QB and WRs need to work after practice for the next few seasons. Just so they can know what everyones role is on game days.

Between the Texans game as the beginning of the 2010 season, Alex Smith was the starting QB. He wasn't benched until after he got injured.

They were practicing together go back n read the reports. Things didnt stop until Crabtree got hurt on a ugly throw from Smith in practice. Things only got ugly when Crabtree and VD got into a argument over a woman or Crabtree making jokes. Things got hateful after Crabtree questioned who would be the starter this year.

Would you post a link for the argument being "over a woman or Crabtree making jokes?" I have never seen an article state what the tiff was over but several columnists implied it was over Crabtree's attitude/effort. Harbaugh will either straighten this out an help Crabtree and Smith develop chemistry or he may decide one or the other needs to move on. Any doubt how he might decide this?
  • dj43
Crabtree has done some stupid, immature things since he was drafted, including his holdout. However, it is becoming clear that the team has bought into Harbaugh's schemes and along with that is the fact the Harbaugh expects a lot of effort and focus from the players. Consequently, once fully healthy, I see Crabtree finally making the kind of effort he needs to bring his potential to the field with results. Harbaugh will not put up with a malingerer or someone who doesn't put out the effort. MC will either perform or be in a small doghouse in the Salinas valley for the balance of the season.
Originally posted by dj43:
Crabtree has done some stupid, immature things since he was drafted, including his holdout. However, it is becoming clear that the team has bought into Harbaugh's schemes and along with that is the fact the Harbaugh expects a lot of effort and focus from the players. Consequently, once fully healthy, I see Crabtree finally making the kind of effort he needs to bring his potential to the field with results. Harbaugh will not put up with a malingerer or someone who doesn't put out the effort. MC will either perform or be in a small doghouse in the Salinas valley for the balance of the season.

How many weeks do you think it takes him to get back into game play and chemistry? His ass better not cause some INT's due to chemistry issues.
It cracks me up how this guy gets a free pass. All the excuses in the world, yet some of you are ready to trade Gore, cut Dixon, and several others. Yet all those guys bust their tail for this team. Staying late, working in the off season when they didn't have to. Doing whatever is necessary. They give it all and do whatever they can to help the team.Gore is not happy with his contract. Did he pull a Chris Johnson? Nope, here's here, playing, because he loves to play. He wants to play. Crabtree holds out for money, avoids practice, and is more interested in his future as a Fashion Designer (a thousand pairs of shoes before he was drafted, really?) than as an NFL player. I don't want to hear any crap about he doesn't have to practice or love this team or work hard, give the guy a break, blah blah blah. He's paid to do those things. You get paid $32 million dollars to play football, you better show up and play football. When you think about it, it makes the thought of him holding out on that initial contract that more absurd. He held out and got paid and so far the return on that investment is jack squat. He gets paid millions to do a job. It's time he did that job. Thats all we are asking, do your job. Instead he mopes around like he doesn't want to be here. When he starts putting the work in and earning his paycheck, I'll cut him some slack. Till then, he's a freaking diva.
Originally posted by Joecool:
How many weeks do you think it takes him to get back into game play and chemistry? His ass better not cause some INT's due to chemistry issues.

SO worried about this... wrong routes... lazy routes... passes bouncing off hands for INTs.

Harbaugh won't put up with this for long... but it could be long enough to put us in an ugly hole to start the season off.
Originally posted by Hollywood:
It cracks me up how this guy gets a free pass. All the excuses in the world, yet some of you are ready to trade Gore, cut Dixon, and several others. Yet all those guys bust their tail for this team. Staying late, working in the off season when they didn't have to. Doing whatever is necessary. They give it all and do whatever they can to help the team.Gore is not happy with his contract. Did he pull a Chris Johnson? Nope, here's here, playing, because he loves to play. He wants to play. Crabtree holds out for money, avoids practice, and is more interested in his future as a Fashion Designer (a thousand pairs of shoes before he was drafted, really?) than as an NFL player. I don't want to hear any crap about he doesn't have to practice or love this team or work hard, give the guy a break, blah blah blah. He's paid to do those things. You get paid $32 million dollars to play football, you better show up and play football. When you think about it, it makes the thought of him holding out on that initial contract that more absurd. He held out and got paid and so far the return on that investment is jack squat. He gets paid millions to do a job. It's time he did that job. Thats all we are asking, do your job. Instead he mopes around like he doesn't want to be here. When he starts putting the work in and earning his paycheck, I'll cut him some slack. Till then, he's a freaking diva.

What I don't like is the fact that it appears he requires veteran status treatment, especially last preseason. I guess you can't call people out anymore because it gets generalized as "hate".

Originally posted by Joecool:
What I don't like is the fact that it appears he requires veteran status treatment, especially last preseason. I guess you can't call people out anymore because it gets generalized as "hate".

You're right. When a College player comes out of College a star and popular, to some fans they can do no wrong. Vince Young is an example. The guy's a bum, but you still have people defending him. Its even worse with Tim Tebow, granted, Tebow doesn't have character issues, or work ethic issues. He just can't throw an accurate pass to save his life.
[ Edited by Hollywood on Aug 26, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
The only valid criticisms there are of Crabtree: (1) he had an overinflated view of his worth his rookie year; (2) his foot is made of glass. That's it. Just because he's not the greatest with PR doesn't mean he's not a hard worker or a diva or whatever. He has a great amount of talent and if he stays healthy he'll live up to his draft stock.

Marvin Harrison was one of the greatest receivers in the game and he was never great with the media nor did he ever get particularly excited.

... but what Harrison did do was spend countless hours practicing (even after practice) with his QB.

and you need to add a ( 3 ) for Crabtree. Another valid criticism is that he runs inconsistent routes and ( 4 ) his effort level to make every catch is suspect

The bolded isnt very fair for Crabtree. Hes never known or had 1 stable QB to practice with at the Pro level. The route running im chalking up to just being inexperienced. I wont question his effort to make every catch. Hes been hung out to dry and still made the effort and got blasted. Same goes for all our receivers. They werent put in a very successful position with the QBs they played with so far. Im hoping thats fixed with Jh and when Kaepernick takes over.

I'll have to disagree and one of the few times agree with Oldman-just because he doesn't have a Manning QB to throw him the ball he could have gone out of his way even if he didn't like any of the QBs to try develope a reporte like Edwards is doing now. Even if he was injured in TC or pre he could do it during the season or hang with the QBs to get inside their heads to understand their thinking. You don't develope chemistry by staying aloft.

As far as effort-we must have seen different games- cause the ones I saw there were many times he didn't.
why do people think the injury is fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How is Crabtree faking out the team doctors? How is he faking out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
why do people think the injury is fake? This isn't an 8th grade PE glass; its the NFL. You can't just say, "coach, I don't feel good today. gonna sit this one out." How is Crabtree faking out the team doctors? How is he faking out the coaching staff? I just don't get this line of thinking.

Last year, not this year.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

this x infinity.

HATERS GONNA HATE
Share 49ersWebzone