There are 181 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who are we kidding . . .

Originally posted by Hollywood:
They tried to fix the QB issue, it didn't happen, now we are stuck. What part of that didn't you get? Where is this magic upgrade at QB that they didn't get all because you think they think that Alex is the future?

Ok I have said this before, they could have done ANYTHING opposite of what they did. Tried to get VY, Mcnabb, Kolb (before you say it, we could have offered more draft picks instead of a quality player and 2nd) T-Jac, or the back up in Tampa before they said ha! Anything!

Or here is a thought, stop giving money to the Alex Smith for America fund. Cut your losses (like 3yrs ago) get a quality rookie and Start over!

Saying we are doing the best with what we have is an excuse. Mr.Walsh must be turning in the grave.

You look to improve every day month year. We have in other areas, like the Edwards pick and D looks good on paper. But why not make CK the starter, save 5m for something else and take your lumps. Players are running from us not to us and we have to change it
So you really think VY & McNabb were the answer? Lord.

For Kolb, the Eagles wanted a first rounder and maybe more. That's a fact. You really wanted to give out a first round pick for Kevin Kolb?
Originally posted by Deodato:
They tried to fix the QB issue, it didn't happen, now we are stuck. What part of that didn't you get? Where is this magic upgrade at QB that they didn't get all because you think they think that Alex is the future?

Ok I have said this before, they could have done ANYTHING opposite of what they did. Tried to get VY, Mcnabb, Kolb (before you say it, we could have offered more draft picks instead of a quality player and 2nd) T-Jac, or the back up in Tampa before they said ha! Anything!

Or here is a thought, stop giving money to the Alex Smith for America fund. Cut your losses (like 3yrs ago) get a quality rookie and Start over!

Saying we are doing the best with what we have is an excuse. Mr.Walsh must be turning in the grave.

You look to improve every day month year. We have in other areas, like the Edwards pick and D looks good on paper. But why not make CK the starter, save 5m for something else and take your lumps. Players are running from us not to us and we have to change it

Check out what happened last time we drafted a qb and threw him to the wolves too soon.
*modded* violated the no thong rule.
[ Edited by fropwns on Aug 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Check out what happened last time we drafted a qb and threw him to the wolves too soon.

It wasn't so bad, was it?

Oh wait, yeah it was.
Why is it that people who have nothing constructive to say can only say something is bad or unless or etc. You never even tried to answer the question, just its garbage. I see how you got so many post now...

Anyway back to the question.

What more could we have done during the short FA burst to build a stronger team. Calling for veteran help now after signing Smith to 1yr 5m is a slap in the face as far as am concerned.

And those who said no one wants to come here is 100% right and that is ANOTHER REASON Jimmy should have cleaned house when he came. You hire a new HC for change not reruns.

Now before another flame head says it, no I am not condemning Jimmy. I 1000% hope he does great and gets us #6 not to support him and our team is stupid but to question his actions and upper management actions is within reason.

We should have made attempts to change all areas that needed it. And the down right mind blowing concept that is killing me right now is that we want to get rid of Mays so bad we send and email blast around the league. This is his 2yr! Now ppl calling for OL subs and our line succs, Iupati and Davis are 2nd yr pros and still jelling!!

This is Smith 7th year and no one has treated him anywhere close to how others have been treated! Mays, Hill, Iupati, Davis, etc. How can we call for 2nd yr players to be traded and call them bust but we have a 7th yr pro who has got 60m and produced nothing but we keep protecting him...We are a joke!

Go 49ers bring home number #6 please! Seriously

Meh, you're getting flamed because the conclusions you draw are constructed from flimsy emotionalism. There is very little pragmatism in your words. Taylor Mays seems to be another weight room wonder. Did Pete Carroll pass on him last year because he was a prick or because he's a coach with better options? He WAS his coach and when the time came to choose he chose someone else. we all saw it happen and if Mays was the exceptional talent he claimed to be, he had 2 chances to roast his old coach last year.

You're going nuts that more didn't happen this offseason while others who seem to have more reasoning powers are looking at the whole and realizing the limitations our new coaching staff had to work with. Harbaugh has stated that's he took this job because it wasn't going to be easy. He inherited a crappy team in a lockout year. He seems to accept that if not embrace it. Personally I'm not real worried. I've suffered through 8 years of Lion-like football and I'm still alive, making a good wage, driving a b***hen Camaro, watching my kids grow up....it ain't the end of the world, bro.

What seems to escape all the Alice in Chains haters is that for 7 years Alice has been a class act so that is why he is regarded well by his coaches. Can he successfully QB our franchise to a 6th ring? I doubt it but the guy is certainly not a prick. He had so many opportunites at the end of last year to tell the 49ers, the departed coach Sing, the fans, to all go f--k themselves but he did not stoop, he did not return the ugliness, he stayed classy San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a much more proficient at coaching than he ever was at playing. And show me where Alice ever got paid 60 million $.

It wasnt that he went in too soon he just wasnt and isnt any good as a starting QB. NFL teams have no time to sit QBs anymore. The contracts are shorter and the pressure is greater to see how they play the game.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:

It wasnt that he went in too soon he just wasnt and isnt any good as a starting QB. NFL teams have no time to sit QBs anymore. The contracts are shorter and the pressure is greater to see how they play the game.

b******t.

Nolan could have played Rattay for a majority of the season. He chose to trade him. Alex's original contract was a 5-year deal.

Do you know how BAD that 2005 team was? Everyone on that team is now out of football besides maybe 3 or 4 guys.

Complete b******t.

I dont think it is that simple. Teams are going to have to make time if they want quality qb's. Some can pick it up straight away. Some. But lets not turn CK into the next David Carr.

b.s.

it's actually the opposite now with the cheaper rookie contracts.
Originally posted by TDilvr:
Quote:
Originally posted by Deodato: Why is it that people who have nothing constructive to say can only say something is bad or unless or etc. You never even tried to answer the question, just its garbage. I see how you got so many post now... Anyway back to the question. What more could we have done during the short FA burst to build a stronger team. Calling for veteran help now after signing Smith to 1yr 5m is a slap in the face as far as am concerned. And those who said no one wants to come here is 100% right and that is ANOTHER REASON Jimmy should have cleaned house when he came. You hire a new HC for change not reruns. Now before another flame head says it, no I am not condemning Jimmy. I 1000% hope he does great and gets us #6 not to support him and our team is stupid but to question his actions and upper management actions is within reason. We should have made attempts to change all areas that needed it. And the down right mind blowing concept that is killing me right now is that we want to get rid of Mays so bad we send and email blast around the league. This is his 2yr! Now ppl calling for OL subs and our line succs, Iupati and Davis are 2nd yr pros and still jelling!! This is Smith 7th year and no one has treated him anywhere close to how others have been treated! Mays, Hill, Iupati, Davis, etc. How can we call for 2nd yr players to be traded and call them bust but we have a 7th yr pro who has got 60m and produced nothing but we keep protecting him...We are a joke! Go 49ers bring home number #6 please! Seriously
Meh, you're getting flamed because the conclusions you draw are constructed from flimsy emotionalism. There is very little pragmatism in your words. Taylor Mays seems to be another weight room wonder. Did Pete Carroll pass on him last year because he was a prick or because he's a coach with better options? He WAS his coach and when the time came to choose he chose someone else. we all saw it happen and if Mays was the exceptional talent he claimed to be, he had 2 chances to roast his old coach last year. You're going nuts that more didn't happen this offseason while others who seem to have more reasoning powers are looking at the whole and realizing the limitations our new coaching staff had to work with. Harbaugh has stated that's he took this job because it wasn't going to be easy. He inherited a crappy team in a lockout year. He seems to accept that if not embrace it. Personally I'm not real worried. I've suffered through 8 years of Lion-like football and I'm still alive, making a good wage, driving a b***hen Camaro, watching my kids grow up....it ain't the end of the world, bro. What seems to escape all the Alice in Chains haters is that for 7 years Alice has been a class act so that is why he is regarded well by his coaches. Can he successfully QB our franchise to a 6th ring? I doubt it but the guy is certainly not a prick. He had so many opportunites at the end of last year to tell the 49ers, the departed coach Sing, the fans, to all go f--k themselves but he did not stoop, he did not return the ugliness, he stayed classy San Diego. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a much more proficient at coaching than he ever was at playing. And show me where Alice ever got paid 60 million $.

Hollywood, there you go. Someone protecting Alice and his short comings.

Besides that after the 2006 season no one felt he was thrown out there too soon back then.

Btw his 1st contract was 49.5m, restructed for 10m for 2, and now 1yr for 5m.

So much fail. You are one of those guys that recognizes a marquis name and automatically assumes that because it's a marquis name, he must be greatness.

VY - No surprise you threw this bum in the ring of names. A guy that excelled against simplistic average college defenses, and gets destroyed by the complicated NFL defenses. How many of these guys are going to wash out before you realize that just because a guy is a college superstar that he's not an automatic lock for superstardom in the NFL. Look up Andre Ware, David Klinger, Akili Smith, Jeff George, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Gino Toretta, Rex Grossman, Jamarcus Russell and let me know how far their big time College stats and success got them in the NFL. Tennessee gave up on this guy when they needed a QB after putting up with immature antics for several years. But you seem to think he's the answer? And If you even think about throwing out the "he just wins" line of garbage I'll be more than happy to give you a list of games where VY threw for less than 150 yards, sometimes less than 100 yards, no td's passing or rushing, commited multiple turnovers, sometimes 2 or more turnovers, yet the Titans still won despite his piss poor play. Pre and post Chris Johnson era.

McNabb - Ah yes, a marquis name. He must be the answer. Did you watch any of the games he played in Washington? McNabb is done. He's gotten lazy, he's lost a step, and his accuracy has dropped off tremendously. No thanks.

Kolb - More draft picks? A team that has numerous holes? You have any idea what the Niners would have had to throw in to top what AZ offered? Cromartie is a very solid CB at a position that is not exactly deep. There are what 3, maybe 4 corners that teams would want over Cromartie? To mortgage the future for an unproven QB would have been dumb. And I'm not even sure Philly would have taken it unless it was just absurdly over the top in regards to picks due to the fact that they are looking to make a push to win it all right now. It was rumored quite often during the lockout that Philly was looking to move Kolb for help in the secondary. Thats why the AZ rumors were flying around, they had what Philly wanted. AZ had a very hot commodity and a huge edge in trading for Kolb. It was common knowledge to most of the league that Philly's biggest weakness last season was the secondary. So they locked up 2 damn good ones to help the aging Asante Samuels. Cromartie and a 2nd rounder was a steep price to pay for Kolb. To suggest that the Niners attempt to pay more for a guy that is not a sure thing is absurd.

Tavaris Jackson - The one guy that may suck more than Alex Smith. This guy stinks worse than dog poo. So much Minnesota figured they'd try a washed up Mcnabb over him. He's a bum. I'll bet you money he's not the starter past the midway point of the season.

Josh Johnson - dumb suggestion. Tampa has said they have zero interest in trading him on more than one occasion.

Next time you are at a game or watching, listen for the boo birds. Alex gets booed at practice. More people attack him than defend him, that's all i'm saying. He's far from protected. It's brutal out there for him and I sometimes feel sorry for him, because the guy is trying. He could pull a Randy Moss in Oakland, an Albert Haynesworth in Washington and just pout and not try. At least we can give him that much. Stink or not. Believe me, I think Alex sucks more than the next guy, but I also understand some peoples optimism, why not? B*tching about the situation like I do isn't going to fix it. We are stuck with the bum until something better comes along. The guy is putting in the work, even if it never pays off. For that, he does deserve some respect. Lucky for us, we have a coach that just might have the patience to do the right thing and get us through these dark times, unlike the fan base and it's knee jerk reactions most of us are guilty of making. Present company included.