LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

Worst game you have ever seen

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was at Candlestick in 1994 when they played the Eagles. Horrible seats, horrible game. The 49ers were being b***h-slapped up and down the field all game long. Final score 40-8.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ohio49er:
Y'all, are just so young.

The worst loss I ever saw was the 1986 playoff loss to the New York Giants in the Meadowlands. The 49ers went down 49-3 and were never in the game as Joe Montana was flattened by a kill shot from Jim Burt and Lawrence "I' Like Prostitutes" Taylor recovered a Jerry Rice fumble for a TD. That Giants stuck it in and broke it off on the 49ers and I think I was out watering the plants before the third quarter had started.

Absolutely painful.

That must have been the worst for me too.
Sadly both games that I've been to have been humiliating defeats for the 9ers:

1st one was September of 99, the 49ers came to Jacksonville and lost 41-3. It was a sad day as I was about to deploy overseas for 6 months and that was the last night I saw my wife until I got back.

Last year I took my oldest son to see his first game. Awesome seats on the 40 yard line about 5 rows back from the field and we lose to the Panthers! My son and I had an awesome time, but IT WAS THE PANTHERS!! He recently told me that his favorite team was the Patriots.
04-present here are some of the worst....

34-0, 31-6, 24-0, 41-3 at Seattle
41-0 Chiefs (who we later helped get into playoffs by beating Broncos)
41-10 Bears (41-0 at half)
52-17 Redskins
42-3 Eagles
41-7 Bills

As bad as our offense still is beats the hell out of those 04-06 or so seasons when we kicked field goals every time.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Thats when we started the game with a play action pass to a WIDE OPEN Darrell Jackson, who dropped it (of course). That would have easily been a touchdown on the first play of the game.

Mh no, that was the first game of the season, I believe agaist Arizona.
Last 2 seasons for me! one being the Favre loss because we were on pace until he beat us on that throw, and we fell apart after that game!!! And the Falcon game last year! my best friend is a Falcons fan, but Nate got stripped like an idiot!!! we had so many chances to make the playoffs last year!!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
The Kansas City game last year.

I remember going into this game thinking we had a good chance to win, then we could not do s**t we could not run the ball, throw the ball or stop anything defensively this and the Bucs game last year were unbearable to watch!
The home opener/season opener against Arizona in 2008. JTO threw a pick, fumbled twice, there were a few more fumbles - we lost 4 that game. We got pwned, they just ran it down our throats and picked up a ton of first downs. Time of possession was pretty close to 40/20 Cards.
Man, I had high hopes for us that year... that game was a rude awakening.
December 10, 1978 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

I was at Candlestick to watch the worst game won by the Niners, 6-3. In fact it was the worst game in the history of the NFL when the home team won in the final seconds (a Wershing field goal). It was Head Coach Pete McCulley's penultimate game of a 2-14 season where the Niners had the worst record and scored (219) the league's fewest points. Also, OJ Simpson was the running back. Then came Bill Walsh and Joe Montana.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
The 49ers blowing it to Green Bay in the 1995 Playoffs. Pathetic.

This.......

From an attendance standpoint, last seasons game in KC. Sitting among the enemy while the home team throttles your team is painful and awkward. Wearing my Rice jersey I felt naked. Was a long drive back to Dallas to say the least.
Last week.
07 MNF against the Seahawks- Alex's worst performance-Darrel Jackson wasnt much help though.
my first ever game that i attended, the ass whooping the Falcons gave us
I am not going to mention Playoff games, they all hurt.. 2003 was the most disappointing season in the last decade in my opinion, we should have made the Playoffs.

Week 2 at STL where Cedric Wilson didn't get down with 9 seconds to get in position for the GW FG with no time-outs left.

Week 4 at MIN where Randy Moss b*tch slapped our sedondary for 172 yds and 3 TD's and we were down 35-0 before scoring a meaningless TD in the 4th.

Week 15 at CIN Barlow drops two on the ground deep in CIN territory in the snow, we put up 500 yds of Offense and LOST!

That year still kills me! At least we stomped PIT on MNF!!
[ Edited by DieHardNiner82 on Aug 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone