LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

What is your favorite 9er play of ALL TIME?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
As somebody posted already, the 96 yard Hearst run
any play jim harbaugh calls
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
That was against the Bills and Lee Woodall was awesome that night!!!

If I had to pick just one..... the CATCH as it began the dynasty. It barely edges out Montana to Taylor to win SB23.
My favorite was when J Rice burned Neon Sanders wearing cowgirl colors on a steady diet of slants in the NFC championship game. My 2 least favorite things in the NFL Cowboys and Deion Sanders. Hated when he was on our team that 1 year and still give him 0 credit for our SB run that season.
Jerry Rice record breaker Monday night vs the Raiders!!!
"Red Right Tight - Sprint Right Option"

I was 9 years old "THE CATCH"#1 bye far. COWGIRLS!
all time, the catch. no contest.

that i've actually seen, its gotta be the catch 2.

honorable mentions: hearst's 96 yard ot run, jj stokes catching the winning td against the giants in the 2002 playoffs, jerry's first td in the 94 super bowl
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
My favorite was when J Rice burned Neon Sanders wearing cowgirl colors on a steady diet of slants in the NFC championship game. My 2 least favorite things in the NFL Cowboys and Deion Sanders. Hated when he was on our team that 1 year and still give him 0 credit for our SB run that season.

hatin.
  • Jiks
@8:50 Not my favorite but it's up there. WTFF? Why will this video not show up?

http://youtu.be/_xneDY8BJ_M
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Aug 16, 2011 at 3:12 PM ]

• Chico
  • Veteran
So many to name...ahhh, the memories!

The Eric Davis interception has to be the best because the rivalry was so intense and the teams did "NOT" like each other! But, then Pat Summerall tops it off by saying "and they said he was the weak link!"...

it was not only redemption for the 49ers but it was redemption for Eric Davis who was a very underated cornerback at that time!
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Chico:
So many to name...ahhh, the memories!

The Eric Davis interception has to be the best because the rivalry was so intense and the teams did "NOT" like each other! But, then Pat Summerall tops it off by saying "and they said he was the weak link!"...

it was not only redemption for the 49ers but it was redemption for Eric Davis who was a very underated cornerback at that time!
That's what makes "The Catch 2" one of the best IMO. Packers have beaten us 5 straight times and even before the game Reggie White insisted no way the 49ers can beat the Packers. I was soooo tired of getting beat out of the play-offs by this team. And it looked as if we were going to be beat again, largely in part because of dropped passes by T.O. all game. When he made that catch, first thought was that there was no way he held on to that. Next thing I know I was screaming yelling and celebrating. My dad turned the game off because he was too frustrated. Sucks for him.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Personally, I was 8 years old when Eric Davis intercepted Troy Aikman and took it to the house on the first drive of the NFC Championship game. That is my favorite play of ALL TIME! How about you guys?

PLEASE PICK ONLY ONE PLAY!!!!!!

I was 8 when that happened too
The offense gets so much of the credit, I had to pick a defensive play. 1990, the 49ers and Giants both started out 10-0, then both lost the next week, followed by a match up on Monday Night Football. Late in the game Giant's TE Mark Bavaro caught a great pass, and was DESTROYED by Ronnie Lott! It was a hit that looked like he could have gone through a brick wall! Bavaro hit the ground...and got right back up. Such an awesome play featuring two of the absolute toughest players of all time!
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Steve Young run on the Vikings.
Share 49ersWebzone