There are 154 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What is your favorite 9er play of ALL TIME?

I almost cried when we came back on the Giants in 02'!!! So I have to go with the so called penalty on the final FG to win that game, and Strahan pointing Owens to the scoreboard in the first half!! That comeback was epic!! When 1 game makes you mad as hell to screaming at the top of your lungs... go...go...go and to the way it ended, there is nothing better than that!!!!
Steve Young's run against the Vikings.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Personally, I was 8 years old when Eric Davis intercepted Troy Aikman and took it to the house on the first drive of the NFC Championship game. That is my favorite play of ALL TIME! How about you guys?

Jesus, you make me feel old by saying that. I loved that game, that season and especially watching Young finally get a SB win.. But I was a 20 something when that happened, hearing about it from someone who looks at it the way I look at "The Catch" makes me feel like I should go get some Metamucil.
The victory play!
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

I have that one in my top 5. My favorite Steve Young play for sure. Awesome awesome run, even the Burger King commercial version :p
The Young run vs the Vikings and P Willis nailing the Jets Brad Smith!!
[ Edited by qbn9erfan on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:41 AM ]
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran

I watched this play on live TV as a kid at my uncle's house...still gives me goose bumps. Garrison Hearst is probably my favorite Niner of all time.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qbn9erfan:
The Young run vs the Vikings and P Willis nailing the Jets Brad Smith!!

Thing of beauty!
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

I have that one in my top 5. My favorite Steve Young play for sure. Awesome awesome run, even the Burger King commercial version :p

This is a classic...the actual run and the commercial.
The Catch part 2
Montana...looking, looking, throwing in the end zone....................................
1-The Catch.
2- Montana to Taylor 88.
3- Taylor with two 90+ yard catches vs the Rams in 89 (i have never seen anything like it).
I have 2.. one being the Joe Nedney Field Goal in the 55MPH wind in Chicago that he kicked like way to the left and it curved straight in.. and second is the 64 Yd TD run by Frank Gore vs the Colts which landed the TD ball in my hands.
Super Bowl 24... Montana over the middle to Rice.. Steve At**ter comes crashing in to deliver a big hit. Rice simply bounces off and turns to run in for the first score of the game! Niners end up romping 55-10......
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Super Bowl 24... Montana over the middle to Rice.. Steve At**ter comes crashing in to deliver a big hit. Rice simply bounces off and turns to run in for the first score of the game! Niners end up romping 55-10......

Not sure why At**ter is being censored.. lol!!!