The Mods have had an ongoing dialog for a while now, debating the pros and cons of the rules of the Forum, causing us reconsider and update the old rules (See Forum Rules).
Of all the rules, one of the most contested debates we've had in the Zone is the Ban Rule. We've heard from both sides of the argument and it has stirred good points from either side. Of all the Rules the Moderator Staff argued about, we’ve spent the most time debating this.
To get to the point, here is our conclusion:
With everything, change happens and with the new season upon us, we’ve decided to update the ban rule.
The ban rule will be, as follows:
1) After 1 (one) year of a banning, banned member can ask the Moderating staff for reinstatement.
2) The Moderating staff will debate whether the reinstatement plea is “yay or nay.”
3) Moderating staff will have the final say.
4) If “nay”, member stays banned.
5) If “yay”, banned member will be allowed back to this community by agreeing to have a 95% warning attached to their handle. Warning will be reduced at 10% every 30 days.
6) This rule change will be effective as of this posting.
We understand not everyone will agree with this change, but we feel a temporary ban is a worthy experiment. We can go back to the old permanent banning process if this proves to be unsuccessful. With the new season, new coaching staff, and renewed outlook for the team we all love, we feel now is the right time to try something new.
Please use the "contact moderator" feature or send the moderators a private message. You can also e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use this thread for more info: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/157026-announcement-re-ban-rule/