LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

ANNOUNCEMENT re Ban Rule

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Mods have had an ongoing dialog for a while now, debating the pros and cons of the rules of the Forum, causing us reconsider and update the old rules (See Forum Rules).

Of all the rules, one of the most contested debates we've had in the Zone is the Ban Rule. We've heard from both sides of the argument and it has stirred good points from either side. Of all the Rules the Moderator Staff argued about, we’ve spent the most time debating this.

To get to the point, here is our conclusion:

With everything, change happens and with the new season upon us, we’ve decided to update the ban rule.

The ban rule will be, as follows:

1) After 1 (one) year of a banning, banned member can ask the Moderating staff for reinstatement.
2) The Moderating staff will debate whether the reinstatement plea is “yay or nay.”
3) Moderating staff will have the final say.
4) If “nay”, member stays banned.
5) If “yay”, banned member will be allowed back to this community by agreeing to have a 95% warning attached to their handle. Warning will be reduced at 10% every 30 days.
6) This rule change will be effective as of this posting.

We understand not everyone will agree with this change, but we feel a temporary ban is a worthy experiment. We can go back to the old permanent banning process if this proves to be unsuccessful. With the new season, new coaching staff, and renewed outlook for the team we all love, we feel now is the right time to try something new.

Please use the "contact moderator" feature or send the moderators a private message. You can also e-mail [email protected].

Please use this thread for more info: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/parking-lot/157026-announcement-re-ban-rule/

Thank you, I think this is a worthwhile effort!
I really like this policy. Good job, guys.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This is a great plan and let me say I think all of you mods have been doing an exceptional job.
why not just have banned members profiles automatically reinstated after 1 year? if they have a 95% warning as it is they are already screwed. who the heck is gonna know when a year has passed to send a message? wouldnt people just make a new profile rather then go through all of this? a 1 year ban might as well be a lifetime ban imo.
hang em high, LOL
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
why not just have banned members profiles automatically reinstated after 1 year? if they have a 95% warning as it is they are already screwed. who the heck is gonna know when a year has passed to send a message? wouldnt people just make a new profile rather then go through all of this? a 1 year ban might as well be a lifetime ban imo.

ITs because there are so many that will make up a new profile just to be back. The zone is like crack............... It keep calling ya.
Yay or nay, 95% warning with !0% every 30 days. Too complicated. I don't get it.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
ITs because there are so many that will make up a new profile just to be back. The zone is like crack............... It keep calling ya.

ah damn it, pookie
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Anyone know why FreddyG was banned?
Free thread!
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Anyone know why FreddyG was banned?

apparently he posted a booby pic
A year long ban? Seems a little pretentious.
What if they're IP is banned or something?
Share 49ersWebzone