There are 162 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

I'd have him, draft Jessie Williams, and bring in Sammie lee hill or Garay. Garay can lay all 3 positions. NT as a need can/will be a done deal.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
I think what the deal is Harbaalke wants to stay the course and continue developing their good young players. I know this doesn't excite anyone like a Harvin going to Seabags (good luck with that headache), but that's what Trent does. Wait for the 1st wave of overreaction FA acquisitions and then make wise, prudent FA moves. If we draft say,Tavon Austin, he'll be as good as Harvin minus the migraines. The point being 9ers don't normally ask out the first, smokin' hot babe they see while speed-dating cuz they think they're gonna get some.

This post was both astute and hilarious. Two thumbs up.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Could be an Alex Boone type move.

I'm confident in Baalke and our coaching staff to develop talent.


Totally agree with this. They sign the player to an extension when the 9ers have the leverage. If he can become productive, a NT for 1 million a year is a steal.
Sounds like Ian Williams is a winner.

Dude is motivated.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Could be an Alex Boone type move.

I'm confident in Baalke and our coaching staff to develop talent.


Totally agree with this. They sign the player to an extension when the 9ers have the leverage. If he can become productive, a NT for 1 million a year is a steal.

This for sure. We will see if this turns out to be another good move by the coaching staff.
Not sure how anyone but the coaches and his teammates can comment. Truth be told we have no clue as fans...
Originally posted by JBrack:
Not sure how anyone but the coaches and his teammates can comment. Truth be told we have no clue as fans...

You missed out on the Alex Smith years.
I like the signings.. Ian Williams is a younger and a cheaper Jean-Francois..
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,289
Is it 3.2 over two years or 3.2 per year?
rotational and backup player to take RJF's place. I see us drafting a true nose tackle, and maybe resigning Sopoaga as a stop gap solution.
Harbaugh hasn't put anyone on the field that isn't ready to contribute. Either he isn't ready and on his way out or he is a part of the NT solution.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,289
If it's 3.2 over 2 years, it's a great deal for the team. Being that the league min for Williams would have been about 600,000 a year.
The move also makes our defense younger and a bit faster.. Add in HOBBS who I really think has a future in this league (DT) and we can start rotating all game long and keep Justin Smith fresh..
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
with Williams and Boldin moves our draft needs change somewhat

still need a young WR that can play now.....DL can wait a bit


Negative. WR can wait. Crab Bolden jenkins williams coming back and Lockett. Manningham may or may not be cut. If we don't sign Ice or RJF, Ian williams may start or be a rotational guy but we still would need to fill that void and Cowboy isn't getting any younger
Originally posted by 9moon:
The move also makes our defense younger and a bit faster.. Add in HOBBS who I really think has a future in this league (DT) and we can start rotating all game long and keep Justin Smith fresh..

Dobbs