LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
BRING IN LOONEY!
It's legal right now but the NFL with all their safety should get rid of that. Too many guys getting hurt with OL cutting from the side. Guys don't see it and it's over. Wish Carradine and Dial were healthy because right now only have Dobbs and TJE as depth. That's not good depth. If Ian is put on IR then we can bring someone in. Maybe even Tukuafu back.
Rough break early in the year. Next man up.
We need Quinton Dial asap
Originally posted by SFrush:
I was worried it was a knee injury. A broken ankle shouldn't end his season.

Hunter broke his ankle as well last season and look how long his recovery took? Williams is done for the season.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 15, 2013 at 7:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Hunter broke his ankle as well last season and look how long his recovery took? Williams is done for the season.

Hunter tore his achilles. Williams is probably done until the playoffs.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Is it legal to chop block an engaged defender? Pretty sure that was a penalty. Can't say dirty really but a penalty yes. Remember gore getting that called against Baltimore that called back ginns td.

You are right. Can't chop an engaged defender. Should have been a penalty.

Not a dirty play though. As an OL, it can be hard to read that. Your assignment is to reach and chop the guy before he get's away from you. But if the guy next to you isn't on the same page and engages the guy you are supposed to chop, you have to make a split second adjustment and use a different technique.

Should have been a penalty.
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Not a dirty play..

Legal but still not kosher. I take it you are an old O-line. As an old D-lineman, that type of block always pissed me off.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-ian-williams-lost-season-broken-ankle-highlighting-021249757--nfl.html

That was a cheap play. I can't believe its not a penalty. This whole game was irritating,
WTF? I thought an ankle break wasn't season ending.

Greeeeeat...
Like I said in the offseason. Karma.
Originally posted by calbear:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/49ers-ian-williams-lost-season-broken-ankle-highlighting-021249757--nfl.html

That was a cheap play. I can't believe its not a penalty. This whole game was irritating,

It was a cheap shot

I thought it was a knee

A broken ankle can be recovered from
WOOOWW, who can they sign? Where the Eff is that Carradine waste of a pick dude at??
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Like I said in the offseason. Karma.

For?
Share 49ersWebzone