LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by spizzy:
‏@MaioccoCSN 49ers DL Ray McDonald: "Nothing against Isaac (Sopoaga) or Ricky (Jean Francois), but we think he (Ian Williams) is an upgrade."

Matt Millen was on Total Access yesterday saying that nose tackle would be a weakness for us because we lost Sopoaga. He must have missed our first game against the rams where Soap was getting wham blocked by there tight end all game.
Good interview with Ian (scroll down a bit, 3rd one), also 4th one is McDonald and him mentioning how he thinks Ian is an upgrade over RJF and Sopoaga.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/video/15457

Like I have been saying we were hoping that Dorsey and Ian would be able to at least match the production of Sopoaga and RJF and at a fraction of the cost. Even better if they can outperform those guys. 3 Yrs 3.75 Mil for Ian and 2 Yrs 6 Mil for Dorsey compared to 4 yrs 22 mil RJF and 3 years 12 million Sopoaga. 1.95 average a year vs 4.85, 9.75 vs 34 million
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Good interview with Ian (scroll down a bit, 3rd one), also 4th one is McDonald and him mentioning how he thinks Ian is an upgrade over RJF and Sopoaga.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/video/15457

Like I have been saying we were hoping that Dorsey and Ian would be able to at least match the production of Sopoaga and RJF and at a fraction of the cost. Even better if they can outperform those guys. 3 Yrs 3.75 Mil for Ian and 2 Yrs 6 Mil for Dorsey compared to 4 yrs 22 mil RJF and 3 years 12 million Sopoaga. 1.95 average a year vs 4.85, 9.75 vs 34 million

I agree with Ray Mac. Sopoaga lost a step or 2, and got overpaid in FA, and RJF never produced until Justin got hurt, and didnt do great, and got overpaid.

Dorsey and Williams are cheap, but talented, glad to have both here. Wished Dorsey would of gotten a 3 or 4 yr deal, 2015 offseason will be bad, Not just Kap, Crabs, Iupati, Aldon, Cully, Miller, Kilgore, Gore, Jennings, but Dorsey and Skuta.
Originally posted by spizzy:
‏@MaioccoCSN 49ers DL Ray McDonald: "Nothing against Isaac (Sopoaga) or Ricky (Jean Francois), but we think he (Ian Williams) is an upgrade."

wow really! that's exciting.
BAD NEWS

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/15/ian-williams-has-broken-ankle/
Not a dirty play..
[ Edited by AlohaBruh on Sep 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM ]
Dirry ass play. I want blood for revenge
  • Jiks
Is it legal to chop block an engaged defender? Pretty sure that was a penalty. Can't say dirty really but a penalty yes. Remember gore getting that called against Baltimore that called back ginns td.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Sep 15, 2013 at 6:46 PM ]
Originally posted by AlohaBruh:
Not a dirty play..

f**k that! It's dirty and we need payback!
Broken ankle? see you next year Ian, damn!
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 15, 2013 at 6:48 PM ]

Originally posted by niners94:
Not a dirty play..

Take it easy.

last year Manningham & now Williams

more of a reason to build on the hatred for this team

I was worried it was a knee injury. A broken ankle shouldn't end his season.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
PAYBACK!
Originally posted by kidash98:
Originally posted by niners94:
Not a dirty play..

Take it easy.

I'll yell in real life then.
Share 49ersWebzone