LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Pretend you're Harbaugh this week

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously, look at the O-line first and foremost. Whether it be lineup adjustments, personnel moves, or just coaching up, that is the area of emphasis. Besides that, I think you take a chunk of time to skip ahead a few chapters in the offensive implementation and install some of the emergency outlets that take advantage of blitzing D's and account for missed protections. Try not to panic and stick to the plan for the most part.

Overall, the D looks to be on track to be pretty good at worst (barring injuries), so I wouldn't change much in the implementation there.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:

What say you?

O-line, stop killing our QB, yes even in preseason dont get our QB killed.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
only had 12 practices, not OTA's. brand new system/terminology, bunch of new players. it's gonna take time.

this
IT is simple: I work on blitz pickup, pressure releases, and adjusting routes so that blitzes don't ruin another game of evaluation.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by 49erDynasty:
Agreed. Harbaugh should be spending the entire week with the offensive line. Had Alex Smith been injured, it would have ended the season before it began. If Harbaugh feels that the line isn't prepared, he should think about playing Smith for no more than one series next week. If Smith is hurt, the team might be scrambling to find an old free agent that plays in the UFL. Kaepernick has a lot of natural talents, but he is still quite far from being a starter. Also, an unreliable offensive line will eventually change the way a quarterback operates, even when there is good protection later. Steve Young was an example of this. In Tampa Bay, he had to constantly scramble behind such an offensive line. When he came to San Francisco, it seemed as though the coaches had to spend many years convincing him to have confidence in the line and pass from the pocket. In that regard, Alex has been quite brave despite the bad offensive line history in recent years. Eventually, a few big hits can have the impact of changing the way a quarterback plays for the rest of his career. They also should be careful that Kaepernick doesn't lose faith in such a way.

On defense, Harbaugh shouldn't have too many complaints yet. They played as well as one would expect in the preseason. Aldon Smith was impressive and Dobbs did well against the Saints' 2nd team offensive line. Once again, the first team secondary wasn't tested too often this time and that will change. Harbaugh and Fangio will have to analyze them in practice.

Great post.

+1
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
I work Baalke's ear in attempt to get a real quarterback in here.

For better contrast, go view the Tampa Bay Highlights and watch the oline, then come back and watch the saints highlights.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Ride Solari's ass for immediate improvement and watch the wires for a good FA QB pickup, hop on the phone to see if any trades can be worked.
[ Edited by Shaj on Aug 13, 2011 at 5:36 PM ]
he will pull a Saban and quit
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

I'm not into hypotheticals.

man that would suck, the good news is that tomsula would prob be interrim again.
Pretty sure Harbaugh already account for this. He even said during the lockout that it would be a long process for him to get this team 'up to speed' with the lockout further truncate the process. I'm willing to be patient especially with the players. It's a tough situation for them to learn a new offense.

I know this is a joke, but the difference between those two is that Harbaugh likes challenges while Saban just wants to be worshiped.
Send Dixon to the PS and find another RB to fill his spot.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Send Dixon to the PS and find another RB to fill his spot.

Will dixon be our new Thomas Clayton?
Share 49ersWebzone