There are 262 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Baalke still has work to do........

During the train wreck that was tonight's first pre-season game, Tim Ryan made a point that Baalke's work is not done yet. It is apparent that our offensive line needs major help and the Niners could definitely use a veteran 3rd QB. What other changes do you see coming before the end of the preseason?
More implosion.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 7,817
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
During the train wreck that was tonight's first pre-season game, Tim Ryan made a point that Baalke's work is not done yet. It is apparent that our offensive line needs major help and the Niners could definitely use a veteran 3rd QB. What other changes do you see coming before the end of the preseason?
3rd QB? I think we have that covered, we need a real starter.
I'm more worried about why our 3 first round o-line suck so bad.
Anthony Davis played like caca
With the way the O-Line looks we are going to need 6th and 7th quarterbacks.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Anthony Davis played like caca

Wonder if he was a pure singletary pick
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Anthony Davis played like caca

Esto
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
I heard a guy named Palmer is available
[ Edited by Paul on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:29 PM ]
Originally posted by BobS:
3rd QB? I think we have that covered, we need a real starter.

I agree but at this point it is too late to find one this off season. We just have to hope the o-line gets their heads on straight and some kind of miracle happens at QB.
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
I agree but at this point it is too late to find one this off season. We just have to hope the o-line gets their heads on straight and some kind of miracle happens at QB.

Doesnt matter if Brees was our QB, the O-Line looked awful. Yes, Davis was a Singledummy pic(power running remember), I remember screaming at the tv to take Bulaga or get Gaither in FA, but to no avail, they took a 20yr. old guy with a questionable work ethic- ergo, crappy play at RT again. We do need a legit #2 QB and let Kap goto 3rd., get rid of the others. Gotta fix the RG spot, and Staley has gotta play better than a RT masquerading as a LT.
The most obvious thing is a competent back up qb, with the way the oline is regressing we are one injury away from guarantying double digit loses. But any competent back up Qb would obviously be competition for Alex. KP just isn't ready and he needs work on that throwing motion, but everybody knows this.

I think any other pick ups will just be back-up guys, that would be better then the back-up guys we got now. Probably ILB, grant looked slow and lost tonight , then maybe TE, didnt our backup get hurt? After that BPA.
We still need a #2 QB, a RG or RT, and a legit FB on Offense period !!!
Originally posted by RMuTT1981:
The most obvious thing is a competent back up qb, with the way the oline is regressing we are one injury away from guarantying double digit loses. But any competent back up Qb would obviously be competition for Alex. KP just isn't ready and he needs work on that throwing motion, but everybody knows this.

I think any other pick ups will just be back-up guys, that would be better then the back-up guys we got now. Probably ILB, grant looked slow and lost tonight , then maybe TE, didnt our backup get hurt? After that BPA.

ILB Kirk Morrison and Stephen Cooper are still available.. Wish we could pull a trade for Josh Johnson- He was ON FIRE in the Tampa game and would be a great QB addition for us !
I think everyone is over reacting, this is the olines first time playing together in nearly six months, and their first time playing under a new coach. NFL Championships are not won in one pre-season game or one regular season game. Give the team time to mold before you guys start jumping off a bridge, we have a lot of new pieces here. Normally the team would have been practicing for a month or so by now, but due to the lock out we have not had that chance. The Saint are a vet team with a lot of chemistry, give us time.