There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should the Niners Bring in a Vet RB?

Should the Niners Bring in a Vet RB?

Gore looked great out there today, but I worry about his health, especially if the passing game can't get off the ground. If Gore goes down this season, I think we would be in trouble. I am convinced Dixon is not an every down back and Hunter is a rookie that is better suited for spot duty. Why not bring in a proven vet like WB? He knows the WCO and still very productive? If not WB, I seriously think we should start looking for a vet RB on the waiver wire.
Doubt he would want to.
Originally posted by Chief:
Doubt he would want to.

It's not like teams are beating down his door. The Eagles have definitly moved on.
Naahhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Would he be successful running behind this O-line? I doubt it. He'd be good at blitz pickup though.
He would rather play for the "dream team" then the nightmare that is the 49er's offense.
Dixon needs to drop some weight.
If the line could actually block Gore wouldnt need a backup
RB is the least of this offense's problems.
I think it would be a good idea to at least check. None of the current running backs seem to be an ideal fit into the WCO. We need people who have a large catch radius (taller with longer arms), excellent hands, great pass blocking ability, speed, and good running skills. I don't know if they will find their next Craig or Watters from free agency, but they might be able to find a temporary option. Certainly, this should be one of the priorities in the next draft.
Who's WB?
I guess we should bring back Westbrook
I say yes, as Dixon is Kevin Barlow part II.. , get a guy in FA and send this guy to Dancin With the Stars...
i was NOT impressed with Hunter. Thought he was supposed to be quick!
Nope, Hunter can be No. 2, Dixon can run 3 if he wants to keep pu$$yfooting