LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Gore's excuse for missing a block "I still have camp legs"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
People are getting way to worked up over the Saints game, not just because it was a preseason game but because we had a shortened offseason. I really like Maiocco's comment regarding the 49ers lack of an answer for the Saints pass rush
Quote:

"You got the feeling that with 11 three-hour practices to prepare for this game, the 49ers were never able to get to the pages of the playbook that dealt with some of the things the Saints threw at them".
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=34584

We still have a long way to go towards being able to counteract what NFL defenses will throw at us. But come the end of the season the difference will be night and day in terms of where we are at. Hopefully come next year we are ready to make a legitimate Superbowl run.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by goodthings19:
People are getting way to worked up over the Saints game, not just because it was a preseason game but because we had a shortened offseason. I really like Maiocco's comment regarding the 49ers lack of an answer for the Saints pass rush
Quote:

"You got the feeling that with 11 three-hour practices to prepare for this game, the 49ers were never able to get to the pages of the playbook that dealt with some of the things the Saints threw at them".
http://www.49erswebzone.com/news/goto.php?id=34584

We still have a long way to go towards being able to counteract what NFL defenses will throw at us. But come the end of the season the difference will be night and day in terms of where we are at. Hopefully come next year we are ready to make a legitimate Superbowl run.

Finally, someone who gets it.
one of the niners writers (lynch i think) said before the saints game that he doubted gore would play as he hadnt participated in the blitz pickup drills in the practice9s) just before the game....another reason why niers were seemingly illprepared
Originally posted by hofer36:
one of the niners writers (lynch i think) said before the saints game that he doubted gore would play as he hadnt participated in the blitz pickup drills in the practice9s) just before the game....another reason why niers were seemingly illprepared

then payton/williams found that out and........
Players were talkng about being tired from the 3 hour practices as Harbaugh had them going full bore each day. Camp legs are the dead legs you get when beginning any strenuous excerise program. That would explain some of the terrible line play, standing flat footed and not reacting. Hope that explains it as I would hate to think this is where the team will be in a month.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Players were talkng about being tired from the 3 hour practices as Harbaugh had them going full bore each day. Camp legs are the dead legs you get when beginning any strenuous excerise program. That would explain some of the terrible line play, standing flat footed and not reacting. Hope that explains it as I would hate to think this is where the team will be in a month.

pussies
Originally posted by kujon11:
chilo rachal must have camp brains then

I say bring back justin smiley. can't hurt.
while get your butt to camp on time you dounce cap!!!! you almost got smith head knocked off his shoulders!!!
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by susweel:
I have a feeling Gore is gonna be playing extra careful until he get an extension. Last night was the first time I ever seen him take himself out of the game.

Really? I have seen him do it all the time during the regular season. The only year I haven't seen him do that was 06.

This.
Originally posted by BayAreaBrawler:
"camp "legs" means what exactly?

Gorexcuses

Geez-they have had only 2 weeks of practice and people are acting like the sky is falling. This is to be expected. The (OL) still have to get assimilated with one another. This is not to say they are good, but the line play should improve as time goes on-time will be needed for the line to gel and to learn the new offensive philosophy. Still get rid of Chilo-even if it is temp., Barry Simms might be better fit at guard, at least he won't wiff or get blown back. Snyder got back to many times to. Their techniques are bad right now, they have get back to basic and play lower so they don't get stood up.

However, I want to thank the Saints, they only made us stronger and better by exposing what we need to work on. The dick Greg Williams threw the kitchen sink at us. More than other teams usually do in the first game let alone the pre.
Share 49ersWebzone