LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is the 49ers +3 against the Saints a sign of things to come????

Shop Find 49ers gear online
lmao at people not knowing what the spread means.

+3 means we are the underdog. So if the score was 27-25 Saints winning, then if you bet on the 49ers you still win because you (+3) to the 25 points.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

+3 means we are the underdog. So if the score was 27-25 Saints winning, then if you bet on the 49ers you still win because you (+3) to the 25 points.

Actually, you would lose because a tie normally goes to the dealer.

Originally posted by kidash:

25+3 = 28? am i doing something wrong here too

Well, actually even if it was 28-25, the tie ATS is a draw. The only time you lose on a tie is if you bet on a team to win on the moneyline, because you are wagering that they are going to win.
[ Edited by YOUNGster08 on Aug 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Probably misprint.

-13 (Fixed.)

I'd rather fly under the radar and surprise teams...but first, I'd like to see proof that we deserve + anything.

+ anything is the underdog

Wow, this thread features both lack of gambling knowledge and incontrovertible evidence of gambling problems. That's a hard combo to pull off.
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Wow, this thread features both lack of gambling knowledge and incontrovertible evidence of gambling problems. That's a hard combo to pull off.
It's only a problem if you lose your shirt.
[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/phillitup221/no_one_cares.jpg[/IMG]
Originally posted by YOUNGster08:

Well, actually even if it was 28-25, the tie ATS is a draw. The only time you lose on a tie is if you bet on a team to win on the moneyline, because you are wagering that they are going to win.

Mah bad.. What I meant to say is even if the final score was 28-25 Saint, with a +3 for the 49ers, you'd still lose if you bet on the 49ers.

Mah bad.. What I meant to say is even if the final score was 28-25 Saint, with a +3 for the 49ers, you'd still lose if you bet on the 49ers.

that's what i thought u meant, but i said 27-25, not 28-25. Learn to read

sick, we will be 5-0 including last years record of our preseason
Originally posted by global_nomad:
[IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b234/phillitup221/no_one_cares.jpg[/IMG]

WAH WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH......

that's what i thought u meant, but i said 27-25, not 28-25. Learn to read

DAMN! Foiled again!

Originally posted by ninersporvida:
Originally posted by valrod33:
its preseason

it doesnt matter it's a sign of a good team's willingness to win even when the score doesn't count...(see New England circa yesterday)

No, it's a sign that people know we alway do well in preseason, but the actual season is a completely different story.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Probably misprint.

-13 (Fixed.)

I'd rather fly under the radar and surprise teams...but first, I'd like to see proof that we deserve + anything.

that measns we are the heavy favorite

in spread + means underdog
- means favorite
Share 49ersWebzone