LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

EVERYBODY GO CRAZY!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Nighner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
susweel - I love you man, but ....

A QB can't "ruin" another players career unless he misses a block or does something stupid that injures that player. A player can't "ruin" a coaches career either - ESPECIALLY the 49er previous coaches who all had final say over their rosters and had more power in the organization than the weaksauce GM of Scott McCloughan. Nolan PICKED to stay with Alex Smith. Singletary chose to stay with Alex Smith and get rid of Shaun Hill and Mike Martz. Fact is, Smith is back because the 49ers have allowed him to return. If they really wanted another player, they would have done all in their power to replace him.

If VD wanted to leave SF, he could have done so before they offered him his extension. Players like Davis have lucrative choices. If he really wanted out or thought his career was being ruined, he would be taking action to change. Heck, just look at Crabtree who's trying to leave. LOL.

We know that the cheapo Yorks wanted this major bust to be brought back. They just can't accept the fact the they blew 50 million on him. They became further entrenched in their obstinance when they saw Aaron Rodgers win the Superbowl. That tore the Yorks apart. So they decided by bring in a miracle worker (Jesus Harbaugh) someone they believe walks on water and can raise the dead. They are hell bent on trying to prove the NFL world wrong about Alex Bust Smith, when they should do like many businesses do, take a loss. Move on!!

The bottomline, the Yorks are delusional. Let me tell you the number teams other than Niners interested in Alex Bust Smith.

I rest my case.

BS. Its arguements like this that make me want to pull my hair out. The "cheapo" Yorks went out and got the most exciting new coach out there and paid him 5 mil a year. HE wanted Alex back and HE wanted to draft Kaep.

I am SOOOOOOO sick of the "cheapo" Yorks arguement. That has been disproven over and over again (Justin Smith, Nate Clements, etc, etc). You can question their choices in Coaches, but get over it...those coaches were the ones who made bad personell decisions.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:21 AM ]
vd tied the nfl record for most td recptions by a te in the regular season(13). his name will forever be in the record books with alex as his qb. way to ruin vds career smith.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

f**kin' Shaj.
Only deep ball Alex can throw is the seam, to VD, I think that has improved VDs numbers, imagine if he had to share touches with a great WR core, and Frank Gore! He wouldn't see crap.
He just got a huge contract and is one of the most productive tight ends in the league, so yes.
Originally posted by boast:

f**kin' Shaj.

Think he was putting a hook in the water?

Edit: If someone would please ruin my life by making me one of the most respected players in the NFL, making millions of dollars in the process, please notify me immediately! I'm available from 12AM til 12AM, 7 days a week for this pain and suffering.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM ]
I dont see it as that.

Earlier on, Vernon had an attitude problem. Diva'ish. But when he was benched after having temper issue, his ass turned around. He has become a leader on offense IMO.

That was the point he turned around, he actually cut his braids or whatever you call them off. As a sign of maturity.

Also, with the offenses we ran, we didnt use him enough. He is one of the best, if not the best TE in the league. He is fast. physical, and can block.

He is cleary one of my favorite players on this team, right with Justin Smith, Willis and Gore.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by boast:

f**kin' Shaj.

Think he was putting a hook in the water?
No, he really thinks this.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I agree with you. He's destroying Crabtree's career also. Alex Smith supporters are quick to call Crabtree a bust after two seasons, but will defend Alex Smith after 7 seasons of proven failure.

Crabtree not playing a pre-season snap has ruined his career... Does that not have anything to do with it? Not bashing the guy either.

No, Crabtree has not missed a regular season game due to injury. Who really cares about playing in the preseason? Ask Tom Brady and company how important are preseason games.

We're talking about when the games matter. Alex Bust Smith (again, when the games count) is proven crap. No receiver will reach their potential is an Alex Bust Smith lead offense. If the 9ers had a QB as good as Orton we would be a playoff team, with Alex Bust Smith, we're once again headed toward NFL purgatory, at the bottom of the NFC west.

if you dont practice then you dont get in a rythem with the offense and nobody on the planet is comfortable throwing you passes. preseason games mean nothing, you are right. but not practicing with the team when they are installing the offense only hurts smith and crabtree. so let me get this straight....

crabtree misses all of tc 2 years in a row, one a holdout year and thats smiths fault? if tc didnt matter then the nfl wouldnt hold them. i could argue its the most important time of the year and thats where the groundwork for the season is laid.

crabtree has really hurt his chances of being a contributor on this offense by holding out one year and getting injured this year. not sure how that could ever be construed as the qbs fault!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
susweel - I love you man, but ....

A QB can't "ruin" another players career unless he misses a block or does something stupid that injures that player. A player can't "ruin" a coaches career either - ESPECIALLY the 49er previous coaches who all had final say over their rosters and had more power in the organization than the weaksauce GM of Scott McCloughan. Nolan PICKED to stay with Alex Smith. Singletary chose to stay with Alex Smith and get rid of Shaun Hill and Mike Martz. Fact is, Smith is back because the 49ers have allowed him to return. If they really wanted another player, they would have done all in their power to replace him.

If VD wanted to leave SF, he could have done so before they offered him his extension. Players like Davis have lucrative choices. If he really wanted out or thought his career was being ruined, he would be taking action to change. Heck, just look at Crabtree who's trying to leave. LOL.

We know that the cheapo Yorks wanted this major bust to be brought back. They just can't accept the fact the they blew 50 million on him. They became further entrenched in their obstinance when they saw Aaron Rodgers win the Superbowl. That tore the Yorks apart. So they decided by bring in a miracle worker (Jesus Harbaugh) someone they believe walks on water and can raise the dead. They are hell bent on trying to prove the NFL world wrong about Alex Bust Smith, when they should do like many businesses do, take a loss. Move on!!

The bottomline, the Yorks are delusional. Let me tell you the number teams other than Niners interested in Alex Bust Smith.

I rest my case.

Please do rest your case. Permanently.

Oh, he has.

Originally posted by susweel:
He's ruined many niner receiver careers and many coaches careers.

Also he has ruined my career as a fan.

That son of b***h has ruined more careers then the recession.

Specifically, which receivers career's has he ruined? Also, do you think Nolan and Singetary were competent head coaches whose only fault was Smith?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kidash:
Oh, he has.

::high five::
If Alex Smith were drafted by the Patriots, Packers, Colts, Chargers, or some team like that with a real TE, I'm thinking Alex would have been a phenom from the get go, a perrenial pro-bowler and the indisputed top QB in the league in yardage, competitions, touchdowns, and the ability to win games. Unfortunately, all of that has been hidden due to "stone hands". Smith put up good figures in spite of endless drops and endless time spent waiting for Davis to get open.

Joe Montana wouldn't have had the same career if his TE was Vernon Davis, let's be honest. He probably wouldn't even be making probowls, and certainly wouldn't be breaking any records.

I think Smith could have had HOF worthy results by now (which he would have to continue for another 5 - 7 years before he could be a serious candidate), but that has been completely derailed because he has had one of the worst TEs in the league catching balls his entire career.

I know you all want to blame it on coaching and other factors, but thruth be known, if Davis had played like a #1 from the get go, nothing else would have mattered. Everything else is a red herring and an excuse.

bash me now....
[ Edited by redrathman on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:42 AM ]
So you think A. Smith ruined your life and everyone's career... ok we get it. Such hard-on hate for a player. I like to see Smith succeed, but to make a love thread for Smith like you make a blame thread for the dude... no way.
Originally posted by verb1der:
lol, you bit Susweel's bait!

Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by adacosta24:
Originally posted by susweel:
He's ruined many niner receiver careers and many coaches careers.

Also he has ruined my career as a fan.

That son of b***h has ruined more careers then the recession.
Wow... lol... You cant blame Alex for ruining any ones careers, VD dropped so many balls when he first started and had a poor attitude, thats why dingleberry kicked him out.... sounds just like excuses to me...these people are grown men they build there own careers, yeah if VD was drafted by the Patriots maybe he would have better stats but theres a lot of what ifs that could be said. With Alex Smith his stats are pretty beast, leading the league in TDs the past two years. Stop blaming Alex Smith for everything if we want to play that game then I blame the Front Office for not giving him consistent coaching staffs or a coach that understands how to utilize his abilities.

lol, you bit Susweel's bait!
lol! damnit just realized this! ill blame it on passion
Share 49ersWebzone