LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

EVERYBODY GO CRAZY!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Nighner:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
susweel - I love you man, but ....

A QB can't "ruin" another players career unless he misses a block or does something stupid that injures that player. A player can't "ruin" a coaches career either - ESPECIALLY the 49er previous coaches who all had final say over their rosters and had more power in the organization than the weaksauce GM of Scott McCloughan. Nolan PICKED to stay with Alex Smith. Singletary chose to stay with Alex Smith and get rid of Shaun Hill and Mike Martz. Fact is, Smith is back because the 49ers have allowed him to return. If they really wanted another player, they would have done all in their power to replace him.

If VD wanted to leave SF, he could have done so before they offered him his extension. Players like Davis have lucrative choices. If he really wanted out or thought his career was being ruined, he would be taking action to change. Heck, just look at Crabtree who's trying to leave. LOL.

We know that the cheapo Yorks wanted this major bust to be brought back. They just can't accept the fact the they blew 50 million on him. They became further entrenched in their obstinance when they saw Aaron Rodgers win the Superbowl. That tore the Yorks apart. So they decided by bring in a miracle worker (Jesus Harbaugh) someone they believe walks on water and can raise the dead. They are hell bent on trying to prove the NFL world wrong about Alex Bust Smith, when they should do like many businesses do, take a loss. Move on!!

The bottomline, the Yorks are delusional. Let me tell you the number teams other than Niners interested in Alex Bust Smith.

I rest my case.

Please do rest your case. Permanently.

lol, i can picture it now. the yorks are in a meeting with harbaugh trying to convince the hottest coaching canidate in the nfl to sign with the niners. oh yeah, but you have to use alex smith or you cant have the job....
I agree with this
Originally posted by Wodwo:
::high five::

V::make it ten::V
Originally posted by redrathman:
If Alex Smith were drafted by the Patriots, Packers, Colts, Chargers, or some team like that with a real TE, I'm thinking Alex would have been a phenom from the get go, a perrenial pro-bowler and the indisputed top QB in the league in yardage, competitions, touchdowns, and the ability to win games. Unfortunately, all of that has been hidden due to "stone hands". Smith put up good figures in spite of endless drops and endless time spent waiting for Davis to get open.

Joe Montana wouldn't have had the same career if his TE was Vernon Davis, let's be honest. He probably wouldn't even be making probowls, and certainly wouldn't be breaking any records.

I think Smith could have had HOF worthy results by now (which he would have to continue for another 5 - 7 years before he could be a serious candidate), but that has been completely derailed because he has had one of the worst TEs in the league catching balls his entire career.

I know you all want to blame it on coaching and other factors, but thruth be known, if Davis had played like a #1 from the get go, nothing else would have mattered. Everything else is a red herring and an excuse.

bash me now....

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
this is what happens when you post before you do your research.

Or when you're "fishing" or "trolling" or whatever you'd like to call it.

Not saying Shaj was. I think he really thought it was a good topic for discussion.

I don't know which is worse.

Wait... yes I do... the fact that I posted in this thread... again.

I'm going to b***h slap myself now.
What you did there.

I see it.
Originally posted by kidash:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
susweel - I love you man, but ....

A QB can't "ruin" another players career unless he misses a block or does something stupid that injures that player. A player can't "ruin" a coaches career either - ESPECIALLY the 49er previous coaches who all had final say over their rosters and had more power in the organization than the weaksauce GM of Scott McCloughan. Nolan PICKED to stay with Alex Smith. Singletary chose to stay with Alex Smith and get rid of Shaun Hill and Mike Martz. Fact is, Smith is back because the 49ers have allowed him to return. If they really wanted another player, they would have done all in their power to replace him.

If VD wanted to leave SF, he could have done so before they offered him his extension. Players like Davis have lucrative choices. If he really wanted out or thought his career was being ruined, he would be taking action to change. Heck, just look at Crabtree who's trying to leave. LOL.

We know that the cheapo Yorks wanted this major bust to be brought back. They just can't accept the fact the they blew 50 million on him. They became further entrenched in their obstinance when they saw Aaron Rodgers win the Superbowl. That tore the Yorks apart. So they decided by bring in a miracle worker (Jesus Harbaugh) someone they believe walks on water and can raise the dead. They are hell bent on trying to prove the NFL world wrong about Alex Bust Smith, when they should do like many businesses do, take a loss. Move on!!

The bottomline, the Yorks are delusional. Let me tell you the number teams other than Niners interested in Alex Bust Smith.

I rest my case.

Please do rest your case. Permanently.

Oh, he has.

LOL!!! Nice. ;-)
Is this thread really happening? NVM, satire. Didn't see the sister thread
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:
Originally posted by valrod33:
From 2006 to 2009 they played 13 games together

no TE has more Tds the last 2 years than VD and most of the TDs came from Alex Smith(16 of 20Tds to be exact)

What a retarded way to bash Alex Smith. VD had his own issues at the start of his career that had nothing to do with Alex Smith

Nailed it!
This!
for realz? this just couldnt be posted in the other thread as a reply? even i know this is getting moved and im a noob.

I rest my case.

In order to rest a case, you must first present a case. What you have posted here is a bitter rant filled wth supposition, vitrol and more than a little personal opinion. A case should be based on fact, not on subjective speculation. You have clearly gone beyond ration and reason with your vitrolic diatribe. What you have tried to present as a case has devolved into a childish rant that has failed miserably to add anything worthwhile to this discussion. I cannot deign to speak for all our fellow faithful brothers and sisters, but I would greatly appreciate it if you would in the future try to bring something more substantial to the table. As to date every single one of your postings have been the same inane, inaccurate drivel whose only purpose could possibly be self gratification.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
redrathman, pwnr.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
for realz? this just couldnt be posted in the other thread as a reply? even i know this is getting moved and im a noob.

LOL. n00b.

::high five::
Instant classic.
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:

Ya know...I see Alex Smith with his hands on his hips quite often.

Sorry. Couldn't resist. Its gonna take a little time to live that one down. ;-D
Share 49ersWebzone