LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Loco49er:
Pete complaining about the officials, says that Crabtree pushed off on the 40 yard pass! Screw you Pete! F U

lol crabs always pushes off though

suck it pete

All receivers push off too certain degrees. Its how much, flagrant and obvious. If your hand are fully extended and the guy gets pushed back hard they will call it, I saw it, but crab, didn't fully extend. You guys gotta remember, the Coach is always gonna work the refs, even after the game or if the season is almost over. Harbaugh does it, always looking to get an edge or call go your way the next time. As they say, squeeky wheel gets the grease.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825690dd/article/49ers-harbaugh-attempts-to-trick-seahawks-before-key-play?module=HP11_MYNFL

First-year coach Jim Harbaugh has pushed seemingly all of the right buttons this season in turning around the perennial underachieving 49ers into a team on the verge of locking up a first-round bye in the NFC playoffs.

Based on those results, Harbaugh has earned a little bit of leeway in his in-game tactics, but the stunt he pulled in the third quarter of the Niners' 19-17 win over the Seattle Seahawks confused many -- including his players.

Down 10-3 and facing a fourth-and-two at the Seattle 40-yard line, Harbaugh called a timeout and proceeded to rip into his offensive line. From the outside it looked like Harbaugh was trying to motivate his line for a smash-mouth fourth-down run. Not so, as Harbaugh delivered a theatrical performance that would have made Tampa Bay Rays manager Joe Maddon proud.

"It was a little bit of gamesmanship," Harbaugh said Saturday, via the San Francisco Chronicle. "I was trying to direct it to the offensive line, saying that we were going to run the ball, so let's come off the ball, in case (the Seahawks were) looking. We had a play-action pass called."

It's unclear if Harbaugh's antics made the Seahawks second-guess their play call -- the play produced a 16-yard gain to tight end Vernon Davis -- but the screaming session initially confused 49ers quarterback Alex Smith.

"I was over there standing there, and he was going off on the linemen about running the ball and being physical," Smith told the Chronicle. "I'm thinking, 'It's 4th-and-2 or -3.' I said, 'OK, what play call are we going with?' and then he kind of alluded that it was going to be the play-action pass."

GENIUS!!!
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Anyone have the vid of Lynch's TD? I don't think he was in. He had the ball on his left side and to me it looks like it was on the outside of the pilon when he ran into the endzone.

It don't work like that (rules).

it does now, got changed a couple years ago, now you've got to tuck the ball inside the pilon, regarding lynch i've got no idea whether he was in or not, havent seen a replay
Larry Grant has been sensational filling in for Patrick Willis the last three weeks. One of the top linebackers in all of football goes down and you hardly miss a beat. That is stepping up.
just saw that hit on KW on the kickoff, that was f**k'n cheap and PC saying that he looked like he was getting up....f**k that a*****e and his s**t team
Originally posted by jreff22:
just saw that hit on KW on the kickoff, that was f**k'n cheap and PC saying that he looked like he was getting up....f**k that a*****e and his s**t team

Agreed! They got penalized for it and rightfully so, but did the player(s) get fined afterwards. I haven't heard that they did. KW slipped, got on his knees and was mad at himself, but didn't attempt to get up and run again. Seattle players should've just tagged him since he's down. I fully expect the NFL to fine them just like they pass out fines for hits on QBs this season. So far, nothing.
Share 49ersWebzone