There are 126 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Checklist:
Clinch division and at least a 10 win season
Make it 33 straight games without 100 yard rusher
Continue to make it no rushing TD's given up all season
Keep distance or further distance for home field through round 2 and 1st week bye
Get Alex, OL, WR and entire offense back on track

Anything else you guys want to add?
A raider loss would be good.
Originally posted by CenCal9er:
A raider loss would be good.

I'm from Wisconsin so I'll take a Packer loss and/or Saints loss because they would mean more. Especially the Saints. Everyone cheer on the Giants tomorrow. We will have a 2 game lead on a lot of teams for that bye and home field if Giants win... if they lose it's a 1 game lead but I am sure we would hold the tiebreaker with the Saints.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 27, 2011 at 8:46 PM ]
Were gonna destroy this team.
Any word on Snyder?
  • Silky
  • Veteran
We're gonna make sweet love to Bradford's hiney
Checklist:
Make it 34 straight games without 100 yard rusher
Keep distance or further distance for home field through round 2 and 1st week bye

No injuries
Checklist:
No injuries (for our team)

As for Saints as long as we stay tied with them we should be golden. They are 4-3 in the conference compared to us only losing 1 game. In common games we beat TB, and if we sweep Rams that's two teams they lost to. They don't play Baltimore or Dallas so that's good. So it's like a 1 1/2 game lead if they win against the Giants or 2 1/2 if they lose vs Giants.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM ]
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Checklist:

No injuries

two free TACO'S
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Any word on Snyder?

I would like to know this
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I would like to see a real trick play. Like a halfback pass or something/ Has Gore ever thrown a pass?

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I would like to see a real trick play. Like a halfback pass or something/ Has Gore ever thrown a pass?

I'm sure we've tried it in practice. Maybe harbaugh didnt like it
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:

No, I figured he hadn't but I looked it up and no stats for passing when guys like Tomlinson have stats for passing. Anyways, for trick plays I am fine without them... I would be happy with just bootlegging or passing out of that heavy TE set. I am fine running out of it a majority of the time but it seems like we pass out of it 5 or less % of the time. Would like to see eligible OT's or the Tight Ends chip block (bump/fake block) and then go out for a pass. We seem too intent on pounding it down people's throats at times which is what Singletary would have done. Either way I have no idea why we regressed in the play calling department. We stopped with the slants that were working.. (granted every CB is different), we haven't thrown a RB screen in what seems like all year, more counters/tosses/sweeps, even draws which use to be a staple. Need to better utilize Hunter...not saying every time Gore is in you run up the middle and Hunter outside because that gives it away but mix them more. Also, why not try getting both those guys in the backfield at the same time? Or splitting them out wide to open it up and give the WRs better matchups.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM ]
Get Gore to 100 yards and pull him out of the game
Get Alex 3 TD's and pull him out of the game
Pull Braylon immediately after we are up 2 TD's
Pull Justin after the 3rd quarter
Pull Snyder after the 2nd TD
Play Aldon every snap after the 2nd TD
  • Silky
  • Veteran
No, I figured he hadn't but I looked it up and no stats for passing when guys like Tomlinson have stats for passing. Anyways, for trick plays I am fine without them... I would be happy with just bootlegging or passing out of that heavy TE set. I am fine running out of it a majority of the time but it seems like we pass out of it 5 or less % of the time. Would like to see eligible OT's or the Tight Ends chip block (bump/fake block) and then go out for a pass. We seem too intent on pounding it down people's throats at times which is what Singletary would have done. Either way I have no idea why we regressed in the play calling department. We stopped with the slants that were working.. (granted every CB is different), we haven't thrown a RB screen in what seems like all year, more counters/tosses/sweeps, even draws which use to be a staple. Need to better utilize Hunter...not saying every time Gore is in you run up the middle and Hunter outside because that gives it away but mix them more. Also, why not try getting both those guys in the backfield at the same time? Or splitting them out wide to open it up and give the WRs better matchups.

I'm not saying to use a trick play in a crucial moment, but use it if we're up by 14 points or something. It might build comraderie if Gore completes a pass to VD or something
  • Tombo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stunder49:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Checklist:

No injuries

two free TACO'S
FudgePackers loss would be wunderbah!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone