Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS 2011 GAMEDAY THREAD ***

• mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
So you see us beating Pittsburgh???

I frickin HATE Pittsburgh with a passion!!!

That will be a VERY tough game. Their defense is about as good as Baltimore if not better, except they have a much better Linebacker corps. Their offense is much more explosive than the Ravens. We just had to stop Ray Rice (in theory). With Pitt, Ben Rothlisberger extends plays better than anybody and Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Wallace, Hines Ward and Ben's favorite, Heath Miller THRIVE in "scramble drills".

Plus, they play Cleveland AT HOME on a Thursday game and don't have to play us until 11 days later on Monday Night Football so that flight from the east coast will not be a factor like it is for most teams as they will have PLENTY of time between games to prepare. Our pass rush has been, well, non existent of late and they run a MUCH BETTER zone blitzing scheme than the Ravens and you saw how many problems they (Baltimore) gave us. I Can honestly see us losing to Pitt, winning out, and finishing 13-3 with 12-4 being the "at worst" with that 4th loss coming in Seattle.

But back on topic, the Rams stand no chance next week lol

Woodley is going to rape anthony davis. We thought suggs was a tough speed rusher for our right side to handle...At least it's at home, but we saw that that didn't help much against dallas.
Originally posted by verb1der:
Anyone scared of Bradford to Lloyd connection?

Bradford does not look good at all this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Yup, and I'm pretty sure his beaten up O-line has something to do with it.

On a side note, can't believe St. Louis is giving Arizona 3 points.

Also glad we don't have to worry about Amendola, tough cover in the slot.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Pissed off 49ers team.

Rams 6
49ers 38
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

Also glad we don't have to worry about Amendola, tough cover in the slot.

Yah those shorter speedy receivers always give our secondary trouble, hopefully we draft to fix that.
cant wait for this beatdown after that loss. 31-10
Hope the players aren't taking the Rams as lightly as this board is! On any given Sunday is a real deal and after a loss to the Ravens the team could be down, not fired up. I trust Harbaugh to get them ready but let's not count the win before it happens.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Hope the players aren't taking the Rams as lightly as this board is! On any given Sunday is a real deal and after a loss to the Ravens the team could be down, not fired up. I trust Harbaugh to get them ready but let's not count the win before it happens.

Yeah, I just hope that if we win the division before we play (Cards lose; Seattle loses two straight) they don't get lazy.

I'm pretty sure the OLine play doesn't impact QB play...at least I've read that somewhere.
Originally posted by leakyfausett:

Not to mention that Brandon Lloyd disappears when he gets hit. Wouldn't be surprised to see him ducking passes to stay away from Willis, Bowman, and Goldson.
Rams cannot stop the run or the slant; no way we lose this f**king game.
We'll clinch the West at home and against the rams of all teams. It just feels like this is the way it's meant to be.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
We'll clinch the West at home and against the rams of all teams. It just feels like this is the way it's meant to be.

It'd be nice to see us clinch the division and see Frank get the franchise rushing record all next week.