LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS.BALTIMORE RAVENS "THE HAR-BOWL" GAMEDAY THREAD***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Screens and slants are how you beat an aggressive d yet it felt like martz was in charge with the constant 7 step drops.

This was a team wide epic fail. Lets hope they learn a lot from the beat down.
What hurts the most is that we gotta wait a week and a half to pound the Rams
Not gonna lie, I do feel like this team gets raped by the referees on a regular basis this season. That penalty on the 75 yard touchdown to Ginn was a ticky-tack call at best as well as the pass interference call on Brown.
  • 8to80
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 8to80:
To be honest, I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense. Jim and Greg somehow decided that our O-line was like the Colts's, and that Alex was like Rodgers or Brady.

I disagree. Frank Gore was doing nothing and this is the Ravens run defense we're talking about here. We just got outplayed. I don't think it matters what they could have done.

You missed my point. 50/50 not because Gore/Hunter would break long runs for TDs. 50/50 for balanced attack so their defense couldn't play purely vs pass. We beat the Bengals who have a better run-defense, and in that game we were much closer to 50/50. BTW, in that game, we only rushed for 50 yards.

Then you should have made your original point clearer with the views that you just mentioned.
I didn't think I had to make it any clearer. I mean, it's pretty much football 101.

Yes, your one sentence point with no complementary elaboration is football 101.
LOL. I said "I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense". I'm sorry, but if you need "complementary elaboration" on that statement, then perhaps you need to read what NFL football is. I honesty don't think anyone misunderstood me except you. No offense, I'm just telling it how I see it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Not gonna lie, I do feel like this team gets raped by the referees on a regular basis this season. That penalty on the 75 yard touchdown to Ginn was a ticky-tack call at best as well as the pass interference call on Brown.

The PI on Brown was legit he was holding his arm.
The bengals do not have a better run D than the ravens
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
The bengals do not have a better run D than the ravens

no way. and that was without Ray Lewis. Our O isn't anything special, but they're D is f**king relentless!
[ Edited by ChazBoner on Nov 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM ]
To be honest, I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense. Jim and Greg somehow decided that our O-line was like the Colts's, and that Alex was like Rodgers or Brady.

I disagree. Frank Gore was doing nothing and this is the Ravens run defense we're talking about here. We just got outplayed. I don't think it matters what they could have done.

You missed my point. 50/50 not because Gore/Hunter would break long runs for TDs. 50/50 for balanced attack so their defense couldn't play purely vs pass. We beat the Bengals who have a better run-defense, and in that game we were much closer to 50/50. BTW, in that game, we only rushed for 50 yards.

Then you should have made your original point clearer with the views that you just mentioned.
I didn't think I had to make it any clearer. I mean, it's pretty much football 101.

Yes, your one sentence point with no complementary elaboration is football 101.
LOL. I said "I really believe we would have won if we stuck to a 50/50 run/pass offense". I'm sorry, but if you need "complementary elaboration" on that statement, then perhaps you need to read what NFL football is. I honesty don't think anyone misunderstood me except you. No offense, I'm just telling it how I see it.

You should re-read the entire exchange.
Recently they changed it where the chop block is you can't go low on a player and have someone else engage. Meaning you can't cut a player and have another blocker come and push them or block them. It is to help with OL injuries... good way for guys to get hurt. We had one last year against the Broncos in London called for us on a long Lloyd TD. It's ticky tacky, technically correct but all Chilo did was a little push and it obviously shouldn't negate a 75 yard awesome play... go figure the only one Ginn can catch.

As for the Brown call Torrey was arm baring him and damn near stuck his hand right into Brown's armpit but Brown did hook him. Not worth 50 yards but if you made it a 15 yard penalty like in college a lot of guys would just tackle wrs if they got beat. Just kind of unlucky tonight...

Edit: To clarify the play with Gore and Chilo probably won't hurt a guy... it was more meant for the situation where an OL has a DL stood up and then a RB or another blocker comes in and dives at the back of their legs. That's a very good chance of hurting someone. Not so much the Gore/Chilo play tonight.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM ]
flacco had one good drive the whole game and that was all he needed, frustrating

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I agree...but I think we're missing something bigger here. We're building, but we had so many more problems than just that one play. If we get a bad call, we need to come back and make other big plays...didn't happen tonight. We'll learn and get better.
were 9-2 and we just had a very valuable "wake up" game by a superbowl quality team. jim harbaugh will get this team motivated and we will get our momentum goin for the playoffs. our oline is gonna be mad after getting beasted on like that. one practice and a 3 day prep time for an east coast game against one of the top teams in the league is a tough mountain to climb. we'll be just fine
Time to follow up this loss with another 8 game win streak. With #8 being the Super Bowl
Time to follow up this loss with another 8 game win streak. With #8 being the Super Bowl

that would be awesome

Share 49ersWebzone