There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Who cares? Evidently, we can impose our will on anybody. Not much another team can do about it.
K
When normal playcalling mode is on, we are succesfull. We saw it on our last drive, they were not able to stop us.
When we call vanilla we're stuck in neutral.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
BYE week malaise

next!

didn't seem like it in the first half.
I think the team got a little complacent going into the second half, should be something they learn from this week and hopefully learn to keep the foot on the gas pedal all the way through the game.
Passes to Snyder and Soap would say the answer to that question is no.
I want a bounce-back game on offense....Browns game left a lot to be desired but @ least the Niners still won. Hope that was a wake-up call to everyone after the BYE that more work needs to be done and they come out firing full 4 quarters vs the Skins.
The running game wasn't so hot, but the passing playcalling was very good.

Alex Smith had 3 or 4 overthrows that would've been big gains or TDs. If he hits on some of those plays, the 49ers are moving and could've broken the game wide-open. I give the second half a C- on offense, but it's not as bad as the score/numbers indicate. A little sharper performance by Alex could've easily made that into a B+ performance.

The big thing is that they didn't turn the ball over. They scored a field goal late in the game to make it a two-possession game.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Second half was questionable. But If Alex hit that long pass to Crabs we wouldn't be talking about this.
Well, what we have done in previous games is now on film, so yes you can say it is a bit predictable. But there were new wrinkles yet again, such as the pass to Joe Staley.
all I know is the Redskins put up 50 on us last time we were in Washington
the play calling was fine.

the execution was a bigger problem.
Considering that the 49ers pounded the ball all the way to the goal-line and Frank Gore had over 100 yards in the first half... pounding the ball in at the goal-line made sense. They changed it up the next time they were down there, so it's comforting to see that they adjusted.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Considering that the 49ers pounded the ball all the way to the goal-line and Frank Gore had over 100 yards in the first half... pounding the ball in at the goal-line made sense. They changed it up the next time they were down there, so it's comforting to see that they adjusted.

this.
Originally posted by 02-10DidNotHappen:
Passes to Snyder and Soap would say the answer to that question is no.

So predictable...I totally knew those were coming. Gives upcoming opponents a little something extra to worry about.