LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. DETROIT LIONS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by okdkid:
Rooting for the Lions tonight, and I want them to win big, for two reasons:

1) I genuinely want to root for the Lions after everything they've been through.
2) When we win next Sunday, I want the pundits to have no choice but to make us a national story.

this
Our offense will be our best defense,

Build an early lead so we can unleash our pass rush
As long as they get a good pounding by da bears
Fairley is back, err, finally here
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

Yes. A good pounding and a loss, shake that confidence up.
man that crowd noise is gonna f**k us up

well, its a MNF game, so its a little more energy from the fans
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

Yes. A good pounding and a loss, shake that confidence up.

Specially Staffords, his jittery footwork seems like a good place to start
Hmmm, ok I have a question. If the 49ers put Terell Brown on Carlos Rogers' shoulders, and use that technique to cover Calvin Johnson - is that legal? I mean technically it wouldn't be 12 men on the field, since one of them would be "above" the field!
Wow... This is one of those games I didn't see coming where everyone and their momma is excited to watch. Offesively, their line is top notch, giving Stafford time to scope the whole field. Not too scared of their RB's but still... Megatron is playing, HAS BEEN PLAYING, on BEAST MODE and is hella fun to watch! And their D-Line??? Whoa!

I'm sure we can match up well with them defensively but it's still our O-Line that scares me. With Suh and Vanden Bosch coming in strong and their LB's, that's not well known but put the pressure on the QB, they are something else! They've already accumulated 9 sacks (as a team) and have only surrendered 5, while out O-Line already surrendered 14 as a whole. Yeah, we have 12 sacks, but seriously, their line protecks their QB WAY better than we do ours!

This will be a game won in the trenches, PERIOD! I hope our O-Line can do their job this Sunday....

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Wow... This is one of those games I didn't see coming where everyone and their momma is excited to watch. Offesively, their line is top notch, giving Stafford time to scope the whole field. Not too scared of their RB's but still... Megatron is playing, HAS BEEN PLAYING, on BEAST MODE and is hella fun to watch! And their D-Line??? Whoa!

I'm sure we can match up well with them defensively but it's still our O-Line that scares me. With Suh and Vanden Bosch coming in strong and their LB's, that's not well known but put the pressure on the QB, they are something else! They've already accumulated 9 sacks (as a team) and have only surrendered 5, while out O-Line already surrendered 14 as a whole. Yeah, we have 12 sacks, but seriously, their line protecks their QB WAY better than we do ours!

This will be a game won in the trenches, PERIOD! I hope our O-Line can do their job this Sunday....

They really need to lose this game, shut that crowd up a bit next week. If they win, that crowd is going to be in rabid mode next week...which does not bode well for our oline/Smith getting protections right.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Must contine my streak

Lions 38
49ers 10

Originally posted by ads_2006:
man that crowd noise is gonna f**k us up

well, its a MNF game, so its a little more energy from the fans

False start! Offensive line.....
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:

This is gonna be Sick. Megatron is scurry!
Dude looks like a giant against any bears DB right now.
Need Spencer back... our pass rush should dominate their line but with Stafford in shotgun... our CB's have to do a good job at jamming the receivers to mess up timing routes.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Need Spencer back... our pass rush should dominate their line but with Stafford in shotgun... our CB's have to do a good job at jamming the receivers to mess up timing routes.

If I am the niners I plan on stopping megatron by way of pressuring Stafford.
Share 49ersWebzone