LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCANEERS GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Joecool:
It was the worst coached game I seen in a long time vs Tampa. They had an 80 yard drive, 66 yard drive, and 7 yard drive.

Here's the box numbers from last years game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301121025

Notes:
Freeman: 13/20 136yds 2TD 0 INT
A. Smith: 16/31 128yds 0TD 1 INT

Rushing:
TB: 162 for only a 3.9 avg
SF: 71 for only a 3.9 avg
Troy Smith played that game.

Truth.

Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
This is going to be a easy win for us, the bucs defense isn't as good as it was last year, and neither is Josh Freeman.

let's not get ahead of ourselves. this is the kind of mindset that allows emotional letdowns to happen.

This... Nothing is a gimme in this league.

Josh Freeman is not playing good this year.

67.5%
6.43 ypa
76.1 Rating

He is the 6th worst QB to this day.

How are they 2-1? I don't know, they only average 90 yards rushing per game.
They lost to DET and have beaten MIN and ATL.

Yeah but all Freeman has to do is play well THIS SUNDAY for them to beat us, thus the "nothing is a gimme in this league" comment.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
It was the worst coached game I seen in a long time vs Tampa. They had an 80 yard drive, 66 yard drive, and 7 yard drive.

Here's the box numbers from last years game: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=301121025

Notes:
Freeman: 13/20 136yds 2TD 0 INT
A. Smith: 16/31 128yds 0TD 1 INT

Rushing:
TB: 162 for only a 3.9 avg
SF: 71 for only a 3.9 avg
Troy Smith played that game.

Damn all these Smiths.
I still can't believe they (Buc's) are NFL's youngest team...I'm sure we're not far behind...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is going to be a easy win for us, the bucs defense isn't as good as it was last year, and neither is Josh Freeman.

let's not get ahead of ourselves. this is the kind of mindset that allows emotional letdowns to happen.

67.5%
6.43 ypa
76.1 Rating

Yeah but all Freeman has to do is play well THIS SUNDAY for them to beat us, thus the "nothing is a gimme in this league" comment.

Yup, remember when Tampa had the worst rushing defense last year, then held Gore to 23 rushing yards.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

67.5%
6.43 ypa
76.1 Rating

Yup, remember when Tampa had the worst rushing defense last year, then held Gore to 23 rushing yards.

I made a mistake of listing Alex Smith for that game last year. It was Troy Smith. And about holding Gore...it hasn't stopped us yet this year. Our passing game is holding its end of the deal this year.

Damn all these Smiths.

i remember in one interview reporters were asking which qb was starting next game and singletary said "we're going with smith" hehe i never knew he had a sense of humor.

I'm guessing Harbuagh will push some buttons (especially on the offensive side) using last years embarrassing home performance against Tampa Bay to keep everyone locked in.
This is why we will NEVER overlook any team or get over confident:

HARBAUGH: No, I'm starting to get the feeling like there's too many nice things coming our way here. My coach in college said, whenever people start talking nice about you, kick ‘em in the shins. Let's stop. Let's stop. We got to get back to work here and start concentrating on this football game. I feel exposed when people are saying flowery things about us. We would rather prefer that all that's written is written against us.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Damn all these Smiths.

i remember in one interview reporters were asking which qb was starting next game and singletary said "we're going with smith" hehe i never knew he had a sense of humor.

LOL i remember that. Ahh man, the good ol singletary days...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

HARBAUGH: No, I'm starting to get the feeling like there's too many nice things coming our way here. My coach in college said, whenever people start talking nice about you, kick ‘em in the shins. Let's stop. Let's stop. We got to get back to work here and start concentrating on this football game. I feel exposed when people are saying flowery things about us. We would rather prefer that all that's written is written against us.

In that case JC we should continue with "Alex Smith sucks" and "Harbaugh is frickin conservative" talk.

In that case JC we should continue with "Alex Smith sucks" and "Harbaugh is frickin conservative" talk.

YES!

"Alecks is teh suxorz Leaf."

"
Fyre Harbaw. We shudda beet teh Iggles by 20 not 1. KUN-ZER-VA-TIV LOOZER!"

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

YES!

"

But A Smith SUCKS!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

YES!

"

But A Smith SUCKS!

He only passed for 291, he sucks he can't even pass for 300!!

My fav!!!
I wonder if Harbaugh knows enough of Josh Freeman's weaknesses to help out Fangio?
Share 49ersWebzone