LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i have never seen anything like this in all my years of watching football. i said it earlier but what was the best case scenario here? an incomplete pass? so you kick a 19 yarder instead of a 20 yarder? it's just baffling. i'm still trying to wrap my mind around it. thankfully for us he did it but it doesn't make any sense
i was like, "did he just do what i think he did?"
Why was Kap put into the game for that 3rd and 17 play.... I still don't understand that one.

Trying to make the Eagles think it would be a design qb scramble...?
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Oct 2, 2011 at 9:28 PM ]
Originally posted by awol36:
Com on man.. lol..

Haha thats def gonna be on there tomorrow!
I liked our chances, because I thought they were playing like the cowboys. Lots of talent, but not that good. We should have beaten the Cowboys. We seem to play better from behind. We don't play conservative ball, and we open up the play book. Anyway, I liked our chances, but I did not pick them to win in Philly.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What about that rookie kicker. If he had made just one of those 2 kicks. I don't think we would have won this game. Or at least very deflating for our guys to try a comeback for 2 scores.

We missed the same amount of FG's so that cancels it out. What if we would have made ours, they would have to score a TD to win not just a FG
Originally posted by backontop:
Shaj, some have been saying the short passes were due to play calling not a scared or hesitant Alex Smith. These same people were said to be making "Alexcuses" again. It's amazing that once the playbook opened up and the plays called for passes down field Alex threw the ball down field and took chances.

Being down brought out the best in Alex Smith. 1st half was the same Alex we saw all year. In the 2nd half he started to hit Morgan and Crabtree and our offense finally hit full gear.

We should be thrilled about the win but we're not going to have too many 20 point comebacks. Philly had 3 opportunities to win that game and p*ssed them all away. Great victory, shows that we're moving forward and that Alex is the right quarterback for us, but if we're going to continue to win big games we can't wait to halftime to start showing some aggressiveness.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by zozell:
I sure as hell did... I don't know why but I was just not scared... When They were saying Vick may not play because they thought his hand was broken, I was pissed. I wanted him to play... Then when they said he was going to play, I felt better because I wanted to beat them WITH Vick, no excuses. Hats off to the entire team, coaching, offsense, defense, and special teams. A true team win on the road that I believe sparks this team. This is is the turning point we've all been waiting for..

Originally posted by DONBIS:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
What about that rookie kicker. If he had made just one of those 2 kicks. I don't think we would have won this game. Or at least very deflating for our guys to try a comeback for 2 scores.

We missed the same amount of FG's so that cancels it out. What if we would have made ours, they would have to score a TD to win not just a FG

True. And I thought the CandleStick wind is hard on kickers...
Originally posted by Ajanke:
downloading the game right now and about to watch the second half lol

where are you downloading it from?

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame
It was so bizarre that I couldn't get the words out to explain what happened to my wife. All I could manage was "OMG he did somethings stupid!" lol
read that it was a designed run/pass option that he muffed up
For sure gonna be on COME ON MAN!!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Yes please
I sure in hell didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone