LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 292 users in the forums

***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES GAMEDAY THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Eagles are tied last in TD passes allowed with the Dolphins.

Asomugha
DRC
Samuel

Sure wish we had Braylon back.

Me too, we could really use his blocking.....
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
We are tied first in Rushing TD's allowed with the Bears. We both haven't allowed one in 3 games.
I swear it ...... I swear it ...... I would be very happy with one more ugly win against the Eagles.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Breaking News: Vick will play Sunday against the Niners via Mike and Mike.
Theres no denying Philly's talent, home field advantage, and history, but there is just one thing that keeps bugging me. So far this season, they have been playing a lot like the Cowboys. All kinds of talent and yet they had a tough game with the Cardinals and they lost last week to a Giants team that doesn't look that great. Asomugha got beat with help over the top for a touchdown, and that's not the only play. Their secondary actually looks ordinary. Their o-line is suspect. I know we haven't looked good all year either, but I like our chances for an upset over these guys better than Tampa Bay or Detroit. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but these guys aren't Green Bay.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Nothing but the best for our Niners....

I do the logistics for a major pipeline with terminals in Boardman and Youngstown. Been there a few times...trust me when I say, that is the best hotel you will find in the area....population of Boardman cant be more than 5,000. Youngstown is not much bigger.
Originally posted by oregonniner:
Theres no denying Philly's talent, home field advantage, and history, but there is just one thing that keeps bugging me. So far this season, they have been playing a lot like the Cowboys. All kinds of talent and yet they had a tough game with the Cardinals and they lost last week to a Giants team that doesn't look that great. Asomugha got beat with help over the top for a touchdown, and that's not the only play. Their secondary actually looks ordinary. Their o-line is suspect. I know we haven't looked good all year either, but I like our chances for an upset over these guys better than Tampa Bay or Detroit. I'm not guaranteeing a win, but these guys aren't Green Bay.

You hit the nail on the head, this game shapes up to be exactly like the Cowboys game two weeks ago. If we stop the run, which we do well, you have a mistake prone, improvisational QB who lives and dies by the big play. The problem is we seem to always give up the big play when it will hurt us most. Their D is very oridinary so far this year and nothing to write home about. I suspect we will actually look about like we did against the boys, and that Cinci had a better D than both. This game is going to be decided by our secondary versus Maclin and Jackson. If we can keep them out of the endzone our chances skyrocket.
In a way, I hope we fall behind early. Then Harbaugh just might be forced to open up the offense.
The Eagles has talents on their team, but they are not playing good football right now. If anyone watched their game against the Giants. Their linebackers aren't playing well that's contributed to the lack of run defense. We need to attack their LB. Make them defend the run and pass coverage. Gore, Hunter, Miller, and Davis need to get involved early and often.

They also have very good talents on offense, but Vick is running around stinking it up. Not connecting with his receivers. They only managed 3 pts in the second half.

We can win this game!
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 28, 2011 at 7:42 AM ]

Hopefully Vick will have problems with the Center exchange. I think this game will define our season. If we win, we will make the playoffs. We lose, we may win the division still, but the team/fan confidence will be broken.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
The Eagles has talents on their team, but they are not playing good football right now. If anyone watched their game against the Giants. Their linebackers aren't playing well that's contributed to the lack of run defense. We need to attack their LB. Make them defend the run and pass coverage. Gore, Hunter, Miller, and Davis need to get involved early and often.

They also have very good talents on offense, but Vick is running around stinking it up. Not connecting with his receivers. They only managed 3 pts in the second half.

We can win this game!

True, but I can this being the game where the Eagles begin putting everything together. Vick, after getting bashed by some analysts, will want to prove he's not a "cry baby". The defense will want to prove they're not "soft". The refs will most likely have a couple of big calls AGAINST us. I felt good about this game earlier this week, but I guess the euphoria of the win is starting to wear off.

But as always...FAITHFUL
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

We can win this game!

The Giants are also missing their top two corners if I remember correctly. The eagles are good, but have some glaring weaknesses.
Cant believe we are being favored...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/867835-nfl-picks-week-4-predictions-for-every-game#/articles/867835-nfl-picks-week-4-predictions-for-every-game/page/7
[ Edited by CheapThrill on Sep 28, 2011 at 9:07 AM ]
they must not be paying attention.
Share 49ersWebzone