There are 199 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (WEEK 1, 2011)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If Sanchez can win against this Cowboys team, I think it's fairly safe to assume Alex playing his good game could also.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Where'd MadDog!? I wanna hear what he has to say lol.

My name is Maddog, I am god on this board, I never admit to being wrong because if I did all my self worth would be gone because in the real world I am only a high school teacher... there you go.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
My name is Maddog, I am god on this board, I never admit to being wrong because if I did all my self worth would be gone because in the real world I am only a high school teacher... there you go.

Ouch.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
There goes that 0-16 record!

LOL where's SanDiego? is he in a cave somewhere in pakistan?

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
There goes that 0-16 record!

LOL where's SanDiego? is he in a cave somewhere in pakistan?

no he wwas here said he was impressed with the niners and smiths performance
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Looks like Crabs had sore feet....xrays are negative per MM
MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco
"It was hurting so bad, I was concerned," crabtree said. He's relieved the X-ray showed no damage to left foot.
4 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply
�
MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco
Crabtree didn't play much in second half with sore foot. X-rays came back negative, he said.

This is why I was very concerned with him playing on it so soon. I think that foot is not all the way healed yet.

Doubt it will ever be fully healed/the same throughout the rest of his playing career since college, either.

nah i think maybe he just came back a little too soon....i hope the team sits him out until he's 100% healthy
A couple things...
-9 penalties for 102 yards... the Williams one was B.S. IMO but we also got some iffy ones for us like the Edwards PI which I thought could have gone either way. Also the roughing the kicker I think he slid into the back of Akers ankle but it wasn't much. We didn't capitalize anyways.
We have to cut those down... again Ahmad Brooks jumps offsides and then stands there allowing the play to continue. He did it a lot last year and you would think one coach would tell him to continue the play if he jumps offsides and not stand there letting them have a free play. Also, Joshua Morgan had a stupid 15 yard push in the back after a Gore run. Some dumb mistakes. Edit: Also Gooden running into the kicker, we could have been off the field on the first possession. Could have cost us....

-0 sacks given up, 5 sacks for us. O-line looked pretty bad run blocking but we where so vanilla and predictable. Bringing Alex Boone as an extra tackle and then running it will get old. Have to throw from that formation or have Alex go out for a pass once in a while.

1-12 on 3rd downs... I know we kept it simple and hopefully we open up but still pathetic. Also, how many times we couldn't gain a yard to get in the end zone or 1st down.

1-5 (20%) TD rate for the redzone. Not good, luckily the defense and Ginn with 2 return TDs helped win the game...
Turnover ratio was 3-0 in our favor... Int on the hail mary before half, Haralson sack with Tukuafu catch on the recovery...then at the end of the game Haralson sack and recovery by Willis

Good Games... Alex (glad he is using his legs), Haralson, Justin Smith, Ray Mcdonald, I assume Sopoaga (good run defense), Akers 4/4, Andy Lee (59.5 avergae), Pass Blocking and of course Ginn

Bad Games.... none really, seemed like Brown got picked on a bit, Brock gave up the TD but can't fault him as it was a pick type of play... not much for holes for

Gore but even an average game by him he still got 78 all purpose yards.

Didn't see much of.... Delanie Walker, Crabtree (not 100%), deep passing (opening it up),

OVERALL, Vanilla on offense, we didn't look horrible but we have to capitalize... 4 field goals and a few should have been TDs
Run defense looked pretty good, pass defense was good.... have to recognize screens better
ST WAS AWESOME... 4/4 FGs, 2 return TDs, Lee 59.5 avg on 5 punts... good coverage for punt and kick returns...
We will have to open it up against better teams. Can't count on 2 return tds every game. We could have easily lost it before the 2 returns.

A win is a win, and even though it was ugly, the Niners are 1-0. However, they are going to have to get a lot better if they are going to be competitive this season. The special teams really bailed out the squad today. Putrid running game, too many short passes, and a second half defense that was pretty lethargic. The Seahawks probably pull out the win without Ginn's 102 yarder today, as the momentum was clearly on their side.

Special note to my current stalker, nvchamp; thank you for referring me as a god. It is an honor. As you surely know by now, I did call this game, and am 1-0 for the year. As you also know, trying to beat my 12-4 mark last year will be challenging, and as your god, I will try to be perfect, just for you. However, as your god, I think the team is headed for dark days ahead. I am sure you have already highlighted my weekly predictions from OTC's thread.

Have a great week thinking about me.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

He's a high school teacher haha, that explains so much.

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
A win is a win, and even though it was ugly, the Niners are 1-0. However, they are going to have to get a lot better if they are going to be competitive this season. The special teams really bailed out the squad today. Putrid running game, too many short passes, and a second half defense that was pretty lethargic. The Seahawks probably pull out the win without Ginn's 102 yarder today, as the momentum was clearly on their side.

totally agree. We did WIN though. Alex needs to improve his redzone efficiency if we beat Dallas next week.
Originally posted by hateroids84:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

totally agree. We did WIN though. Alex needs to improve his redzone efficiency if we beat Dallas next week.

I dont remember a whole lot of passing in the red zone, it was all runs up the middle with a couple to the flanks. TDs was not the fault of alex it was the oline not making holes for Gore to break through.
there are a lo of posts and im not going read all of them, so im sure there has been mention of these guys, but i want to give a shout-out to guys that i noticed step-up and have really solid games:

ray mcdonald
navarro bowman
andy lee
ted ginn (obviously)
alex smith (not great numbers, but for the plays that were called he did well, not to mention his toughness on that td and when he was gores lead blocker for that counter play)
justin smith
secondary (didnt hear much about them, so that means they were doing their jobs)
akers (not only with his fgs, but his kickoffs out of the endzone eliminated leon washington as a return threat)
How many times in the past, where one facet of the team ended up losing the game for us, whether on offense, defense, or special team. In today's game ST, specifically Ginn, made plays to win us the game. That's what good teams usually do from week to week. guys at different parts of the team make plays to win us games. I think we are improving.
Gore didn't look very good today. He seemed to go down too easily. This was probably already discussed, but anyone know what happened on that long ball to Davis? Did he hear footsteps or did he stop because he was held? I've seen him stop short of balls before when being lead into a safety so I'm worried that Davis might be playing scared and be having alligator arms. Hope to not see that kind of thing again from him.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Sep 11, 2011 at 7:32 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone