LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. SD CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 4)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I can't wait to see the O Line play this one.....

Can't be any worse than last game. So anything more that 1 first down will be an improvement
I hope Jim let's the starters play. Granted it's against the Chargers 2nd and 3rd unit it would still be a nice confidence builder for our first team O and build momentum. Just end the PS on a good note..and go into week 1 with a better mind set. Another loss like the Texans or Saints and I can' t see our team playing confident come week 1.
I hope we lose badly. Playing well in the preseason has given our team overconfidence in the past. I hope they get murdered again, so they play the first game with more of a "the only way to go is up" mentality.

Playing well in the preseason last year, and then getting killed by the Seahawks, was one of the lowest points of the last 10 years.
I want us to attempt a game-winning drive. I don't know if it's better if we win or lose, but if it's close at least, that should be okay.
Oh great. It'll be raining Rivers for at least a quarter and that will be enough to kill us.
I would love to see our offensive starts play three quarters and then give Colin the reins with the backup WRs, TEs and RBs but with the first string OLine. They obviously need more ingame reps with each other.
Does 'phase: one' of roster cuts begin at midnight tonight?
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:36 PM ]
At this point,..I just want ONE TD drive from our first offense...and ONE defensive stop in the opponents territory.
The offense has set the bar so low this preseason that even 2 first downs will be considered an achievement.
I could care less what happens as long as its injury free.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
All I hope for is that our 1st team O shows up. But we always lose to San Diego in the Preseason, well since 2002 we've only beaten them 3 times, so I wouldn't look for a W this week.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Aug 29, 2011 at 9:26 PM ]
Starters or not, I predict we allow 5-6 sacks in the first half.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Well at least we don't have to wait until Saturday this week to see how bad we look still after a month of training camp
Let us hope Harbaugh allows the starting QB to get quality reps with the starting offense to build chemistry. So far, it doesn't appear Harbaugh values chemistry on offense very much.
Share 49ersWebzone