There are 431 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Dixon lead the leage in rushing last pre-season
Coffee lead the league in rushing the previous pre-season

/discussion

ok? what is your point?

the discussion is this: WHO SHOULD BE FRANK GORE'S BACKUP?

the answer is this: KENDALL HUNTER

what are you not understanding here? are you saying anthony dixon should be his backup, even though kendall hunter has outperformed anthony dixon?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Phew! We didn't game plan, that makes the o-lines inability to give even 2 seconds of protection meaningless.
Originally posted by toeknee:
I understand, but the oline was still a big disappointment

I wonder why harbaugh is taking this approach. does he hope to catch the seahawks completely by surprise?

I'm sure it's to see who has the raw football skills needed in the NFL. If he can block well and hold his ground without knowing what kind of blitzes and major gameplan the other side has, he's a keeper. Or maybe they just felt that it wasn't necessary for this preseason game since they weren't going the traditional way about it.

who knows, those are my guesses.
The biggest problem I see with this game and for many years now is that outside of a few draft picks like Gore, Davis and Willis with Iupati slowly coming on as a solid player, this team has ZERO home grown/drafted talent. Hope it changes with the latest crop of picks. Signing some FA's who are barely good enough to be bench players on a good team to be starters on this team is not helping either. But in Harbaugh I trust.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Aug 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM ]
frank's runnung threat hopefully slows up those pass rushes
and he helps a lot in pass protection too
  • Veteran
Originally posted by aman49:
...that Harbaugh did not gameplan for this game. They watched about 15 minutes of film. They didn't make a battle plan. They intentionally went into the game vanilla.

Moral of the story is... don't overreact about what happened on the field.

(this was said during a postgame interview on the 49ers radio network)

That's an embarrassing comment about Harbaugh and his preparation of his team, whether its pre season or not. He game planned for only 15 minutes to judge his 53 man roster.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This

Yep....Its only preseason...Our O-Line will play better once the regular season starts.......................................
Originally posted by Shaj:
Dixon lead the leage in rushing last pre-season
Coffee lead the league in rushing the previous pre-season

/discussion

Neither looked as impressive (in Coffee's case he looked bad) as Hunter has looked. Hunter is the real deal IMO. He'll be a productive player for us. Dixon is a marginal 3rd stringer and Coffee was never meant to play in the NFL.
Originally posted by 190836:
That's an embarrassing comment about Harbaugh and his preparation of his team, whether its pre season or not. He game planned for only 15 minutes to judge his 53 man roster.

Why waste a day or 2 of 4 (or however many days they can practice now) days learning the strengths and tendencies of the Texans for a meaningless game when we still have a portion of our offense to install? Once the season begins we will have very little time during the week to finish the installation of the offense as we will be using that time to gameplan for the games that matter.

All that matters until the games count is getting the systems installed and refined, and figuring out the best personnel to carry it out.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Harbaugh's response to this same question from a reporter:

Reporter: How much would you say the fact that the Texan’s game planned and you guys didn’t game plan have to do with the result.

Harbaugh: There’s no excuses. We’re game planning, too, so that’s not an excuse.
Originally posted by toeknee:
I understand, but the oline was still a big disappointment

I wonder why harbaugh is taking this approach. does he hope to catch the seahawks completely by surprise?

It worked for them last year against us on opening day
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
ITS ONLY PRESEASON, STFU

That may work if we were a winning team, but if we're losing every year in the regular season and then come out and have a game like this where the fans are given nothing to look forward to when the new regular season starts, you have to expect people to have the "Here we go again" attitude.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
That may work if we were a winning team, but if we're losing every year in the regular season and then come out and have a game like this where the fans are given nothing to look forward to when the new regular season starts, you have to expect people to have the "Here we go again" attitude.

Frank Gore didn't even play nor did our starting defense after the 2nd series and we had our 2's and 3's going against their 1's Now I wouldn't be surprised to see Jim play our 1's more in this last game against the opponents 2's and 3's and treat it as a the 1's against an opposing teams scout team.............. That will also get them some confidence going into the regular season, to perform against another team in a more "advanced practice" sorta speak.. we'll see how it plays out I guess
the fact the Oline played so poorly and the Texans weren't blitzing isn't comforting in any way.
Share 49ersWebzone