LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. HOU TEXANS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 3)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I guess the truth about our offense is the coaches need to find the right answers and fix the OL. They do continue to look very poor and I would expect a very up and down beginning to our season from this OL group. In defense of Smith , the poor guy didn't have time to set his damn feet. Does anybody remember how bad Carr looked while he was here , well look at how he looks behind a good Giants OL , even Hasselback was aware of our OL when he made his decision to go elsewhere.

I liked Dobbs, Williams , Grant , and Hunter. Kap is not even ready to start. Shaub exposed our DB's
Originally posted by toeknee:
I'm not going to bother watching the last preseason game

I will try to not watch, but I will fail.
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
ITS ONLY PRESEASON, STFU

Thank you, very much.
Here's mine. Joe Staley really sucks.
Yeah O-line and Alot of things sucked but what did you really expect. High powered offense going against our new defense. Everytime we fail in an area Harbuagh can learn where we need adjustments. Fangio and Roman as well. It really isn't a big deal... I think we could have easily started our 1st team Offense and pounded the ball more and wasted clock and made this PRESEASON game closer than it appeared. It wouldn't have meant anything though. No gameplan, and 2nd team guys out there and a lot of rookies???? Harbaugh is sharp, and he has an agenda.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Here's mine. Joe Staley really sucks.

Sigh.

I give up.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:
Two things that I've noticed from this game:

- It's obvious to me that Kendall Hunter should be Frank Gore's backup. Dixon might even be on the bubble for a roster spot?

- LT Joe Staley is routinely getting beat inside.

I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Texans are ferocious

This. Texans have always been sharp on offense but now with Wade Phillips blitzing 34 DeF. They are going to be scary...
  • mod
  • Veteran
Alex and Kaep - Like New Orleans, they just didnt get enough time for us to see what they are capable of. I wasnt impressed by I know it wasnt all on them.

O line - I was not happy with Snyder or Staley... I did like Kilgores pass blocking... I only focused on him in the 4th but he was man handling these 3rd stringers. I want to see him play against the 1st team, maybe he did and I missed it. Looking for more input here.

Receivers - From WR to TE I was not impressed, there seemed to be a lack of focus, especially with RoJo, Walker, Jurovich etc... way to many dropped catchable footballs

Rushing - Hunter outperformed Dixon again, I'm not gonna get all pumped until I see him play in the regular season though. Hunter is better suited to play with a s**tty o-line, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Dixon is not gonna get the FB job so he's gonna have to lose that weight and get down to 230, the weight loss should help him escape some tacklers... unfortunately that doesnt happen overnight.

D-line - I love Dobbs, get this guy on our 53 man roster...

thats it for observing the D, lol, I was at a live football draft at a restaurant and only had time to focus on the offense.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I don't understand why everyone is swinging from Kendall's nuts. After all the other washouts we've had light it up at the RB position in the pre-season, I won't get excited about anyone until they demonstrate some consistent results during the regular season.

no one is swinging on his nuts saying he is going to be a pro-bowler but the proof is in the pudding:

anthony dixon - 8 rushes 15 yards
kendall hunter - 8 rushes 40 yards

playing with the same gameplan, the same blockers, the same everything. case closed kendall hunter should be our backup RB. that's all anyone is saying

• mod
  • Veteran
I feel bad for RoJo... I wasnt a big fan of his in college and I didnt think much of the pick. But this guy is really trying and these dropped punt and passes are f**kin up his psyche. He just looks downright sad and disappointed in himself, as he should.

in the end you got to show up and he's not.... he wouldnt make the team if I were coach. Wish him the best though.
niners still dont look like they have a pass rush---schaub and leinert usually had alot of time to throw
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by Shaj:

no one is swinging on his nuts saying he is going to be a pro-bowler but the proof is in the pudding:

anthony dixon - 8 rushes 15 yards

kendall hunter - 8 rushes 40 yards

playing with the same gameplan, the same blockers, the same everything. case closed kendall hunter should be our backup RB. that's all anyone is saying

Plain and simple, Hunter is a much better back than Dixon. Dixon was projected as a fourth round pick or later. Hunter was projected as a 2nd rounder. And for good reason. He's simply far more talented and polished. Teams were only concerned if he could take the pounding in the NFL because he's 5-7 200. The guy is built thick though, and last I checked, there are other backs that are the same weight, but taller and not built as thick (see Chris Johnson, 5-11 191 OR Jamaal Charles 5-11 199).

Hunter is an every down back and should be Gore's backup. He's a much more valuable weapon than Dixon, especially on third downs, because of his blocking, his speed, agility, vision, etc.
they're going to have to scheme for that to happen. right now, it's just man on man and they're not winning most of the time.
Share 49ersWebzone