LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

***SF 49ERS VS. OAK RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Preseason Week 2)***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Why the f**k is Ted Ginn starting over Edwards?

Probably because Ginn has a lot more to lose, and they want to see what he can do in a competitive 'position'. Ginn is getting buried under the depth chart in camp (since Ginn is getting aced out by both Kyle Williams, and K-Hunt on special teams return drills; and now Morgan out of the 'slot').
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Probably because Ginn has a lot more to lose, and they want to see what he can do in a competitive 'position'. Ginn is getting buried under the depth chart in camp (since Ginn is getting aced out by both Kyle Williams, and K-Hunt on special teams return drills; and now Morgan out of the 'slot').

ginn's getting cut!
  • Chief
  • Veteran

Where in the Hell did you conjuror up this information?
im reading in tons of articles off of the home page in the comments sections and some of the comments are hilarious.

The main thing ive been reading is about the fans and booing. We already will have the Raiders booing us on tv, damn i hope we dont hear boos tonight.

Like any one player or not, it is embarassing when your booing on tv with your rivals. And most people commenting on the subject that are talking about a certain player or not even agreed it is a little classless to boo a member of your team, and especially during pre-season, and once again, when you know your rivals will already probably be louder than our own fans.

ps. it was also funny and sad when i think it was Barrows that said Smith would have to have a QB rating of 158.6 or something to not hear boo's. Damn i really hope that isnt the case.
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Aug 20, 2011 at 4:39 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
nfldraftupdate Dion Caputi
#49ers 1st rd pick, OLB Aldon Smith is improving, and likely to earn the starting job over Parys Haralson before week 1.
Originally posted by Chief:

Where in the Hell did you conjuror up this information?

It's the best one can assume from all the camp reports, and what I've seen in camp thus far (personally). Ginn was Alex Smith's 'go-to-guy' throughout the first 4 days of training camp, and then he just sort of vanished into 2nd/3rd team duties on the field (and couldn't catch balls from the cum-dumpster machine).

Belichick does this (as did Nolan during he O'Sullivan era), when there's a loose-end/underachieving camp player who they feel is a better 'life-fire' guy (that had a larger role on the team in years previous, but has faded to the back in camp), they wanna make sure that player is still deserving of a higher depth spot (despite being buried/rotated on downs) for the regular season.

LOL I'm not saying we're cutting Ginn, but he's got 'a lot to lose' the moment Crabs heals up, and lines up next to Braylon & Morgan in week one (guy could be buried down in the depth chart).
Originally posted by susweel:
nfldraftupdate Dion Caputi
#49ers 1st rd pick, OLB Aldon Smith is improving, and likely to earn the starting job over Parys Haralson before week 1.

Originally posted by Jersey9er:
im reading in tons of articles off of the home page in the comments sections and some of the comments are hilarious.

The main thing ive been reading is about the fans and booing. We already will have the Raiders booing us on tv, damn i hope we dont hear boos tonight.

Like any one player or not, it is embarassing when your booing on tv with your rivals. And most people commenting on the subject that are talking about a certain player or not even agreed it is a little classless to boo a member of your team, and especially during pre-season, and once again, when you know your rivals will already probably be louder than our own fans.

ps. it was also funny and sad when i think it was Barrows that said Smith would have to have a QB rating of 158.6 or something to not hear boo's. Damn i really hope that isnt the case.
Jersey we have talked about this before....its one thing for us on the internet to be fed up with Alex, but imagine some of the fans who spend ALOT of money on season tickets...and let alone long drives through traffic to watch their favorite team play.

this is all they can do...they have no power but to show their displeasure....this isn't just a "boo, you just missed a pass" more like "boo, after all these years why is the FO still forcing this down our throats".

I don't ever boo, even when I'm at home by myself....I'll just say "God Damnit ALEX! fuuuuu"....and I don't agree with booing him in practice.....but I understand why some fans feel that is all they have left to do. If they stop supporting this team by buying tickets, then I won't be able to watch my team on T.V. since I live in SF. So I am always greatful for our home fans.....especially when they are still supporting our team with their hard earned money during this long stretch of losing...and keeping QB around.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Aug 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM ]
I hope Alex gets booed to death after he completes his typical 1/8 3 yards............
it's about to go down bitces

I wonder if Alex will get booed tonight
f**k YOU RAIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Game Time BABY!!!
LETS GO ALEX!

shut up the haters.
  • Jiks
Share 49ersWebzone