There are 204 users in the forums

Season stat predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Put the "water" down.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:57 PM ]
Crabtree- 600 yds, 4 TD (Foot Injury might linger into season)
Edwards- 750 yds, 6 TD (Might miss 1 or 2 games due to suspension)
Davis- 1000 yds, 8 TD
Walker- 350 yds, 2 TD
Morgan- 450 yds, 3 TD
Gore- 1200 rush yds 8 TD, 400 rec. yds, 2 TD
Misc.- 200 rec yds

Totals up to 3750 yds passing & 25 TD passes. This would be pretty solid production considering we still have Alex at QB. I would be ecstatic if he could meet these numbers.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:14 AM ]
  • mike
  • Veteran
Well, for starters, Gore's not a 2000 yd running back anymore(1500+500 receiving). I really hope we don't give him the kind of workload to get even close to that...His td levels won't be that high either. With that said I think it'd be nice for dixon or hunter to step up and fill in for gore's lower workload.

Crabtree won't be a 1000 yd wr, especially not with braylon taking his #1 spot. That plus lack of training camp means we'll be lucky if he repeats last year's stats.

Decent expectations of braylon assuming he gets 10 or more catches here than he did w/the jets. EDIT: forgot about possible suspension. Nevermind.

Morgan's never been a huge redzone threat, he'll get a couple and that's it(same for delanie walker). Vernon davis has never hit 1000 yds and I doubt he will(he'll get close).

If you combine Troy Smith and Alex Smith, we had a 3400 yd QB last season lol. If Alex can cut down the turnovers and we can do that with ONE QB, that's on par with Freeman who made the playoffs in a tougher division than ours... But the turnover issue is a big IF...
[ Edited by mike on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM ]
Crabtree- 675 Yards 4 TD (Injury, plus he won't be the #1 target. Edwards is better at this point and Smith prefers Davis and the backs anyway)
Edwards- 750 yds, 7 TD (Might miss 1 or 2 games due to suspension)
Davis- 850 yds, 7 TD
Walker- 400 yds, 2 TD
Morgan- 200 yds, 3 TD
Gore- 1300 rush yds 6 rush TD, 500 rec. yds, 2 TD
Misc.- 200 rec yds

That totals up to 3575 yards. That would be an AWESOME SEASON for Smith. In my opinion, these stats can be possibe with 3 things: 1) with a steady O-Line, 2) unpredictable and solid play calling, and 3) solid QB play. Was Alex solid in opinion last year? No, I thought he was merely average. The question that remains up in the air at the moment is whether or not the first two things will help Alex become a solid QB...we shall see.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:

That totals up to 3575 yards. That would be an AWESOME SEASON for Smith. In my opinion, these stats can be possibe with 3 things: 1) with a steady O-Line, 2) unpredictable and solid play calling, and 3) solid QB play. Was Alex solid in opinion last year? No, I thought he was merely average. The question that remains up in the air at the moment is whether or not the first two things will help Alex become a solid QB...we shall see.

I can definitely see that, despite all the crap he got, before he was injured he was on pace for 3400 yds.(210/game). The problem he has are with turnovers, hopefully better play calling will decrease those ints. I've said this several times now already but I think he could have a josh freeman like season, which with a good run game and pass rush is a playoff team in this division.

That may actually seem like just a measley improvement considering the idiots we had coaching the team last season, maybe we're afraid of saying alex could even be a 4000 yd QB?...He'd prove me wrong that's for sure.
[ Edited by mike on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM ]
The way these predictions are unfolding, it sure looks like Morgan and Ginn are gonna be awfully pissed haha. The 2 may not wind up combining for more than 300 or so yards if everyone stays healthy.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by andes14:
The way these predictions are unfolding, it sure looks like Morgan and Ginn are gonna be awfully pissed haha. The 2 may not wind up combining for more than 300 or so yards if everyone stays healthy.

That, or we pass the ball way more than we're all used to( he was on pace for 3400 in an offense coordinated with the main play as GORE UP DA MIDDLE), and alex ends up being a 4000 yd qb...

It pains me to even think that's a possibility...I genuinely wanted alex to move on after last season like most of us did lol.

I'll try not to get ahead of myself, and just hope that he cuts down the turnovers.
[ Edited by mike on Aug 8, 2011 at 12:56 AM ]
Originally posted by andes14:

Haha I think it will end up that way. We have a ton of weapons, a ton.

Davis will get the most looks in the passing game, thats a given. Edwards, when on the field will likely get the next most looks along with Gore, with Crabtree being a close 3rd. Since Harbaugh likes TEs, Walker will also be used heavily, so that leaves very little room for guys like RoJo, Morgan and Ginn to do much. I do want to see RoJo get a shot though.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by wailers15:
it's going to be a hard yr. We have a hard schedule outside of the NFC West.

i'm going 7-9

Not really, not compared to last year.

"weaker" opponents outside of NFC west last year:
Raiders, Panthers(should have won this one), broncos

This year:
Bengals, browns, Lions, Redskins.
Lions and maybe browns could surprise. But they're winnable games. Last year those first 5 games were just brutal, by the time we faced the panthers our team was in shambles.

This year some of our easier games are in the first 1/2 of the season so if we come out with a lot of energy we can win those, which would give the team a lot of confidence to try to upset a few of those tougher teams we're facing toward the end of the season.

It is too early to say, but I like the way the schedule looks.

I see where you're coming from, but if I you have seen this team the past 2 years, you know for a fact that we can keep up in games against good and even great teams.

I know almost beating someone doesn't mean s**t, but we almost beat Atlanta, Philly, Indianapolis, Minnesota, and Green Bay in both 2009 and 2010 with the worst coaching in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Now, you add some playmakers like we did on both offense and defense this offseason, with a competent coaching staff and a HC who knows offense and how to keep the defense on it's heels....and we're looking at something special. At this point, I'm prepared to absolutely stink it up this year because of tough schedule/lockout or whatever other obstacle....but I'm cautiously optimistic that we could shock the world.

7-9 fellas.

Brand new playbook. Hardly any time to install it. I'd be very surprised if this year isn't an ugly one.

Even thats a reach we're taking too many risks this year I put 8-8 in PYMWYMI because I think thats the ceiling but this team is not equipped for WCO Crabtree,the QBs and TEs are from the spread offenses. Theres too many blind optimists here the defense is worse and the offense hasn't had enough time to install an offense that takes up to 3 years to fully implement. The only person on the team that has experience in WCO is Alex Smith and he had his worst season in that system, is it pessimistic? maybe but its also honest we haven't gotten better we just filled roster spots with other average or below average players.

If Alex does not have injuries that keep him out for more than 3 games... he will finish with 25 TD - 10 INT... by far his best season, but reasonable.
6-10. Sorry. No QB, new system (again), new HC, wholesale changes in D.

My hope is that our losses are something to build on, not blowouts.
Anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 yea I know the easy way out... Even with the signing of Rodgers and Whitner I'm still not sold on the secondary and honestly dont think the front office is either. Its hard to see these guys stopping some of the top tier offenses for 60 min. Only thing that might be able to help the secondary is a monster year from rookie Aldon Smith 10+ sacks which I think he can get. If the ball bounces the right way 9-7 but worst case is an ultra competitive 6-10. But either way for the first time in a long time I do believe the team is actually getting better when the coach says they are unlike when Mike nowin and Dingleberry would say they were.
still sticking with 4-12. don't even need to go into why.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by wailers15:
it's going to be a hard yr. We have a hard schedule outside of the NFC West.

i'm going 7-9

Not really, not compared to last year.

"weaker" opponents outside of NFC west last year:
Raiders, Panthers(should have won this one), broncos

This year:
Bengals, browns, Lions, Redskins.
Lions and maybe browns could surprise. But they're winnable games. Last year those first 5 games were just brutal, by the time we faced the panthers our team was in shambles.

This year some of our easier games are in the first 1/2 of the season so if we come out with a lot of energy we can win those, which would give the team a lot of confidence to try to upset a few of those tougher teams we're facing toward the end of the season.

It is too early to say, but I like the way the schedule looks.

UMM:
Vs Cowboys
@ Philly
Vs Bucs (tough team)
Vs Giants
@ Baltimore
Vs Steelers

Hell out of those teams I see us only beating TB. That's tough
Share 49ersWebzone