There are 388 users in the forums

Season stat predictions

Shop Find 49ers gear online
it's going to be a hard yr. We have a hard schedule outside of the NFC West.

i'm going 7-9
6-10 or 7-9
Way too early for predictions. Unless you're an alex hater. With all the new coaches, players, offensive and defensive schemes, the team will need time to find it's identity. The 49ers were definitely one of the teams hurt most by the lockout......
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wailers15:

i'm going 7-9

Not really, not compared to last year.

"weaker" opponents outside of NFC west last year:
Raiders, Panthers(should have won this one), broncos

This year:
Bengals, browns, Lions, Redskins.
Lions and maybe browns could surprise. But they're winnable games. Last year those first 5 games were just brutal, by the time we faced the panthers our team was in shambles.

This year some of our easier games are in the first 1/2 of the season so if we come out with a lot of energy we can win those, which would give the team a lot of confidence to try to upset a few of those tougher teams we're facing toward the end of the season.

It is too early to say, but I like the way the schedule looks.
[ Edited by mike on Aug 7, 2011 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Our schedule is easier than last year. I predict a 9-7 or 10-6 season, but that is only if this completely ready despite the lockout. Now, whether that will be the case is yet to be seen

I disagree that our schedule is easier...AFC North has 2 of the top 5 teams in the league, yea the Bengals are awful, but the Browns actually started looking like a real team at times last year, they wont be a pushover, the NFC East has 3 playoff caliber teams and the Redskins who I think are gonna be in line for Andrew Luck

Then we have the other 3rd place NFC teams, the Bucs beat us last year and are only getting better, and the Lions are a team trending upward, if Stafford stays healthy, that offense is scary...

The way I see it, if we go 4-2 in the division (which will be tough), I see 2 more games that should be layups (Wash and Cincy)...every other game will be a struggle

I'm being optimistic and saying that outside games that we will be favored, we'll win one or two as an underdog, I predict 8-8

Rams will win the division at 9-7
schedule too hard 6-10
the ceiling is 8-8 but realistically with the schedule and all the risks they're facing 5-11 or worse is more likely. The AFC North is a really good division, we lost to the panthers last year so who's to say we won't lose to the Bengals.
Originally posted by JackBauer:
Well the 49er fanatic in me says we can go 5-1 in our division. And I'm pretty sure we can compete and beat teams like the bengals, browns, redskins, and lions...

so thats 9 wins from our crappy division and average teams.

9-7 or 10-6 . I really hope the defense especially the secondary can keep us in games.

go niners!
9-7 at best! gonna to be tough
Originally posted by mike:

i'm going 7-9

This year:
Lions and maybe browns could surprise. But they're winnable games. Last year those first 5 games were just brutal, by the time we faced the panthers our team was in shambles.

This year some of our easier games are in the first 1/2 of the season so if we come out with a lot of energy we can win those, which would give the team a lot of confidence to try to upset a few of those tougher teams we're facing toward the end of the season.

I see where you're coming from, but if I you have seen this team the past 2 years, you know for a fact that we can keep up in games against good and even great teams.

I know almost beating someone doesn't mean s**t, but we almost beat Atlanta, Philly, Indianapolis, Minnesota, and Green Bay in both 2009 and 2010 with the worst coaching in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Now, you add some playmakers like we did on both offense and defense this offseason, with a competent coaching staff and a HC who knows offense and how to keep the defense on it's heels....and we're looking at something special. At this point, I'm prepared to absolutely stink it up this year because of tough schedule/lockout or whatever other obstacle....but I'm cautiously optimistic that we could shock the world.

Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by mike:

i'm going 7-9

This year:

I see where you're coming from, but if I you have seen this team the past 2 years, you know for a fact that we can keep up in games against good and even great teams.

I know almost beating someone doesn't mean s**t, but we almost beat Atlanta, Philly, Indianapolis, Minnesota, and Green Bay in both 2009 and 2010 with the worst coaching in the ENTIRE LEAGUE.

Now, you add some playmakers like we did on both offense and defense this offseason, with a competent coaching staff and a HC who knows offense and how to keep the defense on it's heels....and we're looking at something special. At this point, I'm prepared to absolutely stink it up this year because of tough schedule/lockout or whatever other obstacle....but I'm cautiously optimistic that we could shock the world.

7-9 fellas.

Brand new playbook. Hardly any time to install it. I'd be very surprised if this year isn't an ugly one.
In a perfect world:

Crabtree- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Edwards- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Davis- 1000 yds, 10 TD
Walker- 350 yds, 3 TD
Morgan- 450 yds, 4 TD
Gore- 1500 rush yds 12 TD, 500 rec. yds, 2 TD
Misc.- 200 rec yds

Damn, that'd mean Smith throws for 4500 yards and 37 TD's lol...maybe in 2012 with an offseason, but I guess it'd be tough to see that this year. So where am i being overly optimistic? I figure I gotta shave 5-700 yards and 10+ TD's off those figures...but it's not like there's any particular one of those guys where you say "No way can he do that."
[ Edited by andes14 on Aug 7, 2011 at 11:50 PM ]
Originally posted by andes14:
In a perfect world:

Crabtree- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Edwards- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Davis- 1000 yds, 10 TD
Walker- 350 yds, 3 TD
Morgan- 450 yds, 4 TD
Misc.- 200 rec yds

Damn, that'd mean Smith throws for 4500 yards and 37 TD's lol...maybe in 2012 with an offseason, but I guess it'd be tough to see that this year. So where am i being overly optimistic? I figure I gotta shave 5-700 yards and 10+ TD's off those figures...

Anyone hear the crickets chirping in the background
Originally posted by andes14:
In a perfect world:

Crabtree- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Edwards- 1000 yds, 9 TD
Davis- 1000 yds, 10 TD
Walker- 350 yds, 3 TD
Morgan- 450 yds, 4 TD
Misc.- 200 rec yds

Damn, that'd mean Smith throws for 4500 yards and 37 TD's lol...maybe in 2012 with an offseason, but I guess it'd be tough to see that this year. So where am i being overly optimistic? I figure I gotta shave 5-700 yards and 10+ TD's off those figures...

lol
Share 49ersWebzone