LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Who is our #1 (X) receiver?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is our #1 (X) receiver?

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Good question.

I think Edwards should be the #1receiver because he is a proven play-maker.

thats why they the jets let him go.....

but I'm glad we got him

You should really do a little research before you post an opinion that might make you look foolish. The Jets wanted him, but they spent 50 million on Holmes, and spent big on other positions, they made offers, he liked ours better. He is a very good pick up, and we got him for peanuts.
Originally posted by 49ersnum1:
I think Edwards will make Crabs better and open things up for him underneath. Braylon can go make plays down the field and go win the jump ball in the red zone. Crabs will be the possesion receiver who will run the short/intermediate routes. Having two talented WR will also make Vernon Davis more dangerous lets not forget! now that will take 1-2 more out of the box and open things up for Gore! gotta love it..

Well said!!! I'm loving our new O...just need another Qb!
this is why...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56XCi2nII6g[url=null]null[/url]

DEEP THREAT
Edwards and hes just got in. Crabs will be pushed to perform better and show everyone what hes made of. The fans will know if the guys a fake or the real deal.
How could anyone posting on this board know the answer to this question
i hope edwards starts out as numero uno but then i hope that pushes crabtree to do better because hes never had such good competition and he has too big of a ego to be a #2 receiver
Hopefuylly the Edwards signing lights a fire under Crab's ass...

Edwards #1, Crabs 2, and Captain Morgan #3...
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Hopefuylly the Edwards signing lights a fire under Crab's ass...

Edwards #1, Crabs 2, and Captain Morgan #3...

All of a sudden, the niners offense is potent once again. Edwards is a #1 wr.
Originally posted by DONBIS:
Originally posted by jrg:
Why does everyone hate Crabtree?
Crabtree is still 1. Edwards will take over for Morgan as 2. Not that that's a bad thing..Crabtree has been here and the plays are designed for him to be #1. Both players will get plenty of balls thrown their way.

I guess its because he doesnt seem to be committed to this team.

Bingo
Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
X Main Guy, Generally considered #1

Y Slot, spends most his time in the middle of the field. working in between the hashes.

Z Deep, Speed guy

Y = Slot Receiver or Tight End

Z = WR on the strong side

X = WR on the weak side

however being the X reciever does NOT necessarily mean you are the #1 reciever on the team.

#1, #2, #3 receivers refer to how often they are targeted or will be targeted by a team.

i think mainly it will be crabs at x, edwards at z and morgan at y. with jh and his te heavy scheme they will likely run alot of 2 wr sets. you always want your best players on the field so edwards will play z and crabs will play x. crabs = x.

This, probly gonna be somewhat interchangeable.I could see Crabs playing the X and sometimes Y with his YAC ability. who know`s, time will tell. I just hope they live up to their potential because if they do we may have 2 superstar receivers
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:01 AM ]

I think Edwards keeps the #1 spot the whole year. Crabtree needs to learn how to stay healthy and be a leader before he gets it back. Coming on to a team as a rookie with a struggling offense, and missing a quarter of the season and still being handed the #1 spot hurt his work ethic. Seeing a pro WR on the team for the first time is just what the doctor ordered for his hurt foot. Lets hope he is watching he has 7 months to figure it out or he gets a #2 status next to his name.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Edwards this year. Hopefully this lights a fire under Crabtree's ass.
Does it matter? This group of receivers is not very good.

I will say this: whoever wants it more between Crabtree and Edwards will be the starter. Edwards will have to be on his best behavior, since he has just about eliminated himself from the NFL with his lackluster play and off the field behavior.

He is not very respected around the league.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 5, 2011 at 11:04 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Does it matter? This group of receivers is not very good.

I will say this: whoever wants it more between Crabtree and Edwards will be the starter. Edwards will have to be on his best behavior, since he has just about eliminated himself from the NFL with his lackluster play and off the field behavior.

He is not very respected around the league.

so what, whats that supposed to mean?

I could say the same thing about vick last year. respect has nothing to do with being able to play this game!

edit: you arent very respected around the board but it doesnt stop you from playing the game.
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Aug 5, 2011 at 12:27 PM ]
Don't really care as the position is now much stronger than it was. Edwards and Morgan should start at the beginning of the year unless Crabtree can get some reps. Harbaugh has said that Crabtree is learning the plays and is up to speed but chemistry is built through practice, not watching.

Would love to see one of the young guys step forward!
Share 49ersWebzone