LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 333 users in the forums

Which 49er are you most excited to watch this season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which 49er are you most excited to watch this season?

Alex Smith. One way or another, he becomes a decent QB or we move on.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Jim Harbaugh, I am so stoked to see how this team plays with a real playbook and a solid game plan. I think we were much more talented than our record showed last year, and can't wait for Harbaugh to prove me right!

I agree, we had more talent than the final product showed. I hope the o line comes together quick, I feel that this might be the best set of skill players since the turn of the century for us. This team has better talent than last year, I cannot wait to see what a real coach can do with it.
Originally posted by wbaker:
Alex Smith. One way or another, he becomes a decent QB or we move on.

Yep.
Originally posted by 49erDynasty:
1. Aldon Smith. If he can start becoming that next great 49er pass rusher in the mold of Charles Haley, we are looking at a quickly emerging top defense.

2. Harbaugh. If he can bring back that perfectionist work ethic and highly cerebral approach that was the staple of 49er greatness, 49ers can claim their 6th championship soon. He has that connection to Bill Walsh via Jon Gruden and Stanford, but now he has to turn that abstract concept into a tangible Lombardi trophy.

3. Alex Smith. He is still a naturally talented young quarterback. It would be great to see Harbaugh work tirelessly to transform all that potential into precision, consistency and execution, like Bill Walsh and Mike Holmgren did with Steve Young.

Naturally talented? Always seemed that his weakness is his arm strength and not being instinctive. Not quick, responding best to a system catering to the skills he has, when are probably not even average compared to the very talented guys who play in the NFL.

Because of this he is going to be the guy everyone watches. Will he succeed in a good offense with more help up front, will he be mediocre and get replaced later in the season?

All the other players named are exceedingly important and we will watch them, but the QB position is THE position and will get by far the most scrutiny.

Your question was really more who we are most excited to watch, not just who we are going to watch and that may be our new pass rusher Smith.
[ Edited by carlgo on Aug 8, 2011 at 11:16 AM ]
Frank Gore and Patrick Willis. They are always beasting.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
alex smith
Aldon
Braylon
Whitner
Rogers

i am also eager to see how Bowman and Soap play.
Originally posted by DFW49erFan:
I voted K. Hunter. I'm from the Dallas area and got to see a lot of him at Oklahoma State

I'm still liking my Kendall Hunter pick, he's a great compliment to Gore
Share 49ersWebzone