There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

the eating crow for FA

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by PickNo24toGB:
i'm surprised how so many people can't be a little happy that the niners made some moves and we're actually gonna get to watch some football in a couple months. eat crow or not... be happy.

dude, its all about not getting nnamdi, it was nnamdi or bust.

For the price of potentially getting nnamdi, we got Edwards, Goodwin, Akers, Rogers, Williams and Whitner.

Easy trade off, rather spend 16M on 6 players, 5 of which are very good quality, over 1 guy, one guy is never the savior.

i guess you're right...

no nnamdi = fail.

call me when the 2012-13 season starts.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
The Edwards signing doesn't mean anything. He can be good or he can be very average.
Remember how D-Jax worked out?

Braylon Edwards is way better than D Jax and D Jax was on the tail end of his career.

Edwards is a classic underachiever that gets into too much trouble. That wasn't the point.
The point is, fans tend to hype up a player in the off-season when they really don't have much reason too.

This free agency period has been horrible for this team. Every big name free agent that the Niners went after simply refused to play for this team. EVEN WHEN THE NINERS OFFERED MORE MONEY THAN OTHER TEAMS, guys still didn't want to play here.
Baalke signs a couple guys that nobody really wanted and we're supposed to "eat crow" ? Gimme a break

I don't care about anyone eating crow - but Nnamdi refused to play for many teams that offered more money - not just Niners. Cromartie stayed with Jets (a huge incentive when you don't have to move).

Patriots traded for Chad and Albert - no one wanted them but they traded for them. Just because no one wants them - doesn't mean a whole lot. SF Giants signed a bunch of players no wanted last year before the season, and during the season - but it worked.

Have you looked at the Stanford roster under Harbaugh - he recruited a bunch a player who no one wanted. It's about finding the right fit. How many championships Redskins have won under Snyder? Going after big name free-agents and paying big has hardly worked in NFL since the mid-90s.

Let's wait and see how these players fit in Harbaugh's plan.

I love this, preach on buddy.
Wait until all the teams who are over the cap have to start cutting guys......then people get really get down on that dere crow.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
i'm surprised how so many people can't be a little happy that the niners made some moves and we're actually gonna get to watch some football in a couple months. eat crow or not... be happy.

dude, its all about not getting nnamdi, it was nnamdi or bust.

For the price of potentially getting nnamdi, we got Edwards, Goodwin, Akers, Rogers, Williams and Whitner.

Easy trade off, rather spend 16M on 6 players, 5 of which are very good quality, over 1 guy, one guy is never the savior.

i guess you're right...

no nnamdi = fail.

call me when the 2012-13 season starts.

Oh this is just the beginning. This the first helping of crow. There will be much more served.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
49ers committed $16 mil in 2011 to Akers, Rogers, Goodwin, Whitner, Edwards, Williams. Raiders committed $16 mil in 2011 to Michael Huff.

Huff came from USC.. the Raiders have to pay him big so he wont go back

I'm confused...Huff played at Texas...

touche, so he did .. not like that college is much better. they just get away with it
my bad on not knowing too much bout raiders
49ers committed $16 mil in 2011 to Akers, Rogers, Goodwin, Whitner, Edwards, Williams. Raiders committed $16 mil in 2011 to Michael Huff.

Huff came from Texas
Originally posted by backontop:

Huff came from Texas

lulz
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by YungAce:
I think we should wait till they play some games together. All that happened is we got some holes filled. Its still all on the coaching staff.

with good players

They have to play good though.

Have to get them before you can give them a chance to play good.

My point is that its a bit presumptuous to say its the best free agency class since whenever when they haven't played a game yet. If they all get injured and don play a snap its not a very good free agent class is it?

Can't argue there.
We ended up making some nice signings this FA Period. It looks like we're better as a team than we were last year. I don't have a problem with anyone we let walk, so no complaints here. Maybe we're not done, maybe they make a couple more moves; maybe a trade. All I know is that im ready to see some 9er football, some TD's and somebody getting their cap twisted.
Last night I threw a temper tandrum about how we were not getting any good free agents to help the team get better. But the last 24 hours showed the 49ers have a plan and that plan is now starting to take shape, and I like what I see! first they sign the best center in free agency in goodwin from the saints and then they get some young secondary help in rogers and williams and then they bring in donte whitner and braylon edwards! Are you kidding me I am juiced! Let's go! Let's go!!
this needs to go in the crow eating thread.
*modded*
[ Edited by kidash on Aug 5, 2011 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Baalke =

Originally posted by OptimusPrime52:
this needs to go in the crow eating thread.

No this is my thread of what I said, this needs to stay where it is!!1