LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

We have a lot of 1st rounders...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Hadn't really thought of this before, but it seems that we have an oddly high number of former 1st rounders on the team:

A. Smith (top 10)
V. Davis (top 10)
M. Crabtree (top 10)
M. Upati
A. Davis
J. Staley
J. Smith
P. Willis (top 10)
A. Smith (top 10)
D. Whitner (top 10)
C. Rogers (top 10)

That is 11 of 22 probable starters (12 if they get Edwards!). I look at the list and don't at all feel that any of them are busts - actually I see a list of very talented players (go ahead, Alex bashers). If the coaches can get the most out of this talent pool, we really could be pretty good. Call me out if I'm wrong, but I don't think it is normal for rosters to have this many 1st rounders, especially as almost all of them are not yet in the "twilight" of their careers.
proof that are mid round drafting has been horrible
good point
Iupati
You get high 1st rounders when you suck!
Willis was the 11th overall, but I see your point.
Ted Ginn.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Iupati

I knew it was wrong, but was too lazy too look it up...
Originally posted by niners94:
Ted Ginn.

Right, good one.
Originally posted by cush49:
Willis was the 11th overall, but I see your point.

Right you are...

Originally posted by jreff22:

Everything past the 1st round has been horrible with the exception of a couple players here and there, though Frank Gore was the only real "hit" we've made.
Originally posted by jreff22:

But the first rounders are supposed to be better right?

Frank Gore (3rd), Ray McDonald(3rd), Reggie Smith(3rd), Adam Snyder(3rd), Delanie Walker(4th), Isaac Sopoaga(4th?), Parys Haralson(5th), Josh Morgan(6th), RJF(7th), Alex Boone(UFA) have at the very least met, but mostly exceeded expectations related to where they were drafted. But the engine doesn't work, without the QB.

Hopefully, Kaepernick will make up for our recent poor 2nd round and quarterback draft picks, in one pick.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Iupati

I knew it was wrong, but was too lazy too look it up...

If you want to spell a name, just have another tab open in your browser and do a Google search. 9 out of 10 times it will spell the name for you in a second.
This is very Al Davis!!!
Edwards = +1 more
Share 49ersWebzone