There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I Just Hope It Works: The Defense

Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Sing was suppose to be a motivator but he was actually just another pro HOFer who got easily pi$$ed because other people couldn't or wouldn't play like he did. Never hire Barry Bonds to be a batting coach. He wouldn't be able to understand why a hitter couldn't take his words of wisdom and convert them to hits. Sing brought the team down and the everyone just heard Blah Blah Blah!

I'd take Barry Bonds as a batting coach
I think our defense will be solid, i would like to sign one more decent cb, and just hope that Aldon Smith steps up and gives us a pash rush. Our D is set up to be really good, but our offense has the potential to be great. Go Niners!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The only thing I'm concerned about is the loss of Franklin. I don't trust Soap, but as far as the other replacements and usage of a new scheme, I feel we will better on all those fronts.

RJF played well in place of Franklin last season. How come he gets no mention?
Originally posted by ebayniner:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
We all have a tendency to look at our players individually instead of a unit, but I'm not sure this is the right approach. Keep in mind that the defense that was just dismantled this off season was also ranked 13th over all last year and they probably could have been ranked much higher than that if our offense didn't suck so bad. Maybe Lawson, Goldson, Franklin and TKO weren't world beaters, but together with the rest of the unit they played very solid. We can argue that there replacements are better suited for Vic's D, but at the end of the day, I just want to see improvements. Like Jimmy Raye, Fiango's defenses have gotten progressively worst everywhere he's gone. I know there is a lot of excitement about not over paying for our "washed up" players from the Sing era, but I remain skeptical. Personally, I wont be impressed unless our D is in the top ten within two years and I dont want to see a big drop off this year, either.

Excellent post!

Agree
They are gone, time to move on...