LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 325 users in the forums

could the problem with the oline be mike solari?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:

um... what are you talking about on that play? Chilo doesnt get beat. He is left blocking no one since no one comes his way, till the last minute that a player tries to loop around him and basically pushes them out of the play. Davis gets raped.

Exactly right. We can find many pass protection fails for Chilo, but that wasn't one of them. Anthony D just couldn't handle the wide speed rush.
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Best since 2002 IMO

On paper? I agree, but we have to see how they work together. I'd like to see Snyder displace Chilo at RG. A.Davis could use a vet next to him, and chilo makes me want to eat nails so I can crap them at the tv.

To be honest I like Chilo. I don't know why people get so down on him. That being said I think Harbaugh will let the better man play.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81d384b1/Rams-defense-sack-4-yd-loss?r_src=ramp

Watch chilo get his ass handed to him. Davis did too, but chilo's downright embarassing.

um... what are you talking about on that play? Chilo doesnt get beat. He is left blocking no one since no one comes his way, till the last minute that a player tries to loop around him and basically pushes them out of the play. Davis gets raped.

I was wondering the same thing...
  • dj43
Goodwin definitely moves the needle in a positive direction, however, the problems of RG and Davis' development remain. Mike Solari will have to live up to his billing as a very good OL coach. He got good results from Iupati last season and Baas surprised everybody after 3 poor seasons but none of the rest of the OL played up to expectations.

Staley, when healthy has been quite good. That will be the starting point.

To say this may be the best OL since '07 isn't saying much. That line was only 1/2 a line.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
No O-line with Chilo Rachel and Anthony Davis should have the word best next to it.

That and Staley is overrated, yea b#@% i said it.

I said it too...
A. Davis is supposedly in much better shape this season and with a year of starting experience and better scheming, should be much improved. I don't think any of us believe that the same can be said for Rachal. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a final cut.

I am hopeful that Staley will also improve as well but hearing stories about how Aldon Smith (a rookie) schooled him the first couple of days of camp doesn't exactly instill confidence in me that he will.

Basically, this line is still a huge work in progress. Hopefully, Harbaugh and Roman can make it work.
Send out trade e-mail on Chilo- lazy, only interested in picking up a paycheck, does just enough to not get cut. Trade his fat a$$!
i mean the oline has 3 1st rd picks, 2 wnd rd picks and a 3rd rd pick starting---maybe they were bad picks but it seems to me a oline coach who is being effectiive should be able to mold a better unit than the niners have shown

solari might be like jerry sullivan, a guy with a good rep but not able to produce for the 49ers
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hofer36:
i mean the oline has 3 1st rd picks, 2 wnd rd picks and a 3rd rd pick starting---maybe they were bad picks but it seems to me a oline coach who is being effectiive should be able to mold a better unit than the niners have shown

solari might be like jerry sullivan, a guy with a good rep but not able to produce for the 49ers

Sullivan is *exactly* who Solari reminds me of..... you hear tons and tons about his reputation, but you don't see any of it on the field. Like Obama when he was running for office, all show and no dough (sorry, couldn't resist).
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by hofer36:

Sullivan is *exactly* who Solari reminds me of..... you hear tons and tons about his reputation, but you don't see any of it on the field. Like Obama when he was running for office, all show and no dough (sorry, couldn't resist).

This.
could the problem with the oline be mike solari? Yes, it could be but we just don't know yet JH will determine that.

Originally posted by 49erAddict:
could the problem with the oline be mike solari? Yes, it could be but we just don't know yet JH will determine that.

you are right--trent ballke/scot mcloughan could be the problem

last year i was really hoping the niners would take brian bulaga instead of davis
  • evil
  • Veteran
no it cannot because the webzone proclaimed him to be great.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
no it cannot because the webzone proclaimed him to be great.

LOL
The problem was there even before Solari came.

He might me part of the problem.
How easy you forget...

When Solari was in Seattle, his OL always roughened our Defense on power sweeps and cut blocks, LOL.
Ever since Snyder was here I never saw a good OL. Staley came and he is way mediocre. When they played Wragge extensively
it clicked. When they signed and play old Sims, the OL was decent. When they drafted Chilo, it got worse. Then Davis came and became
more worse. Iupati has some broken limb he's nursing right now and made it worse.

Don't blame Solari because it is all on execution. The OL is like Alex Smith, they play great during practice, then when the real bullets came, they all crumbled!
Share 49ersWebzone