LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 358 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Wow...did not see this coming.

The English language is deficient in describing my anger and disappointment at our front office right now. We let Morgan go but sign a fu_king quitter for ONE SHI_TY YEAR? I don't understand this at all!! I fully expected that we at least re-sign Morgan. I get that his numbers didn't wow anyone, but it's known that his low numbers were due mainly to years of a lack-lust passing attack, including last season. Washington signed him to a 2 year 12 mil contract according to reports. You mean we couldn't match that for the one WR on our roster with the most chemistry with Alex Smith? Moss has never been known to go up the middle - NEVER. Moss has never - EVER - been known as a hard worker. Moss has never been known as a good blocker. Moss has never been known to run good routes. Moss has made a living running "go" routes, almost exclusively. Moss has been known to quit on his team. The WC route tree is much more nuanced than go routes. He is going to be asked to things consistently in this offense he's never been known to do. And this is the guy we signed but let Morgan walk? I just don't get it. I hope to the lord above that this isn't our WR plan for 2012 because as it stands, minus Morgan, our WR corps is in regression.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

go ahead and lock this up
Originally posted by susweel:

go ahead and lock this up

Originally posted by Kolohe:
We need Carlos Rogers back WTF!!!!!!!!

AGREED

The only way I can spin this is that they rather patch holes & increase depth than go for the juggler in 2012. I see both sides of the argument & give how ridiculous the NFC is setting up to be next year... I don't blame them
Peace out Carlos, the system made you! Go with the lambs and get your money... He made a bunch of plays, but no better than a deangelo hall type .. Carlos will return for a chance to win .. 49ers will not overpay for a 32 year old corner
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
We need Carlos Rogers back WTF!!!!!!!!

Not really...
-Found him on the bargain bin
-30 years old and probably wants a long 4 or 5 year deal.
-Great front 7 clearly made him look better than he ever looked with the 'skins
-One good year
-Players put in more consistent effort during contract years
-Wants lots of money for that one good year(want to get stuck with another clements?)
-We have Culliver ready to compete for starting job, giving us a safety net if another cheap CB can't play similar to Rogers.

Lets put it this way, it took him 4 years in Washington to put up the 6 ints he put up in one year with us. What happens if he goes back to only getting 2 picks as soon as he gets the security of a long term contract?
[ Edited by mike on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:05 PM ]
Peace out Carlos, the system made you! Go with the lambs and get your money... He made a bunch of plays, but no better than a deangelo hall type .. Carlos will return for a chance to win .. 49ers will not overpay for a 32 year old corner
@ Mike

All valid points. Other side would argue we are letting our #1 CB (Very difficult position to replace) walk coming off a game where the entire secondary was TORCHED & looked like Swizz cheese late against the Saints

Draft is a very large part of the off season, but I am unimpressed with ours so far
Even if Culliver
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KEGster:
@ Mike

All valid points. Other side would argue we are letting our #1 CB (Very difficult position to replace) walk coming off a game where the entire secondary was TORCHED & looked like Swizz cheese late against the Saints

Draft is a very large part of the off season, but I am unimpressed with ours so far

"Very difficult to replace"...Sounds like what we said last off-season with clements? "Entire secondary torched" includes Rogers, so what's the point? Losing a guy who got torched is a big deal?

Everyone's always so disappointed/depressed during this time of the year. I think after last year's offseason we give it to the coaches to be a little patient and have a little faith that they are trying to make our team better every day while also doing the SMART thing and not overpaying, sticking to a plan that smart teams adhere to. I have no idea why people really want us to be like the 'Skins.
[ Edited by mike on Mar 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]

Alright everyone, here is what I would like to see happen for the remainder of Free Agency for our 49ers...

1) RB Benjarvis-Greene Ellis cut Anthony Dixon
2) OLB John Abraham - We could possibly move Brooks to MLB
3) CB Eric Wright or Brandon Carr - We are losing Spencer & Rogers
4) WR Robert Meachem or WR Chaz Schillens - Lost Morgan

Smith/Kapernaeck/Tolzien
Gore/Kendall Hunter/Green-Ellis
Moss/Crabtree/K. Williams/Hastings/Add Someone like Meachem or Schillens here

Staley/Lupati/Goodwin/Beeler/Davis/Kilgore/Boone/Derek Hall/Garrett Chisolm/Mike Pontibrient/Mike Person/Kenny Wiggins/ We have alot of OLinemen right now on our roster don't forget.

We should be good then to hit the Draft!
1) Stephen Hill WR G.Tech or Trade for Mike Williams only if we don't sign Meachem Or Schillens
2) Take your pick
3) Take your pick

GO NINERS BABY!!!
lol on moving brooks to MLB
lol on moving brooks to MLB
Stopped reading after move Brooks to MLB.
You had to post this b******t in two separate areas of the forum....really?? WHY?
Share 49ersWebzone