Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by yoshi:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

The overreaction and hyperbole is amazing.

Not at all. It is a usual thing here.

how can the appropriate reaction be an overreaction???

In 2003 if someone said we would not make the playoffs again the rest of the decade....was that an overreaction?

Exactly...what's the appropriate reaction to cockamamie comments like that? Despite anything he does (getting Harbaugh), he continues to come off like this incompetent tool.

People that don't like the comment and saying it was dumb, seems like a reasonable reaction. It's a matter of opinion, so calling it dumb is certainly a valid opinion.

Saying, the 49ers will never win again with this guy as owner, seems like an over-reaction. So I guess we're going 0-16 this year and the next, and the next...

Your interpretation of said phrase is a bit on the literal side.

Agreed, but look through this thread, and all of the outrage over some stupid silly comment that really has no bearing on anything. There's so much hyperbole in here, that my literal interpretation seems reasonable based on the response to his comment.

Excellent comment!

The Otter is a wise creature.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

In 2003 if someone said we would not make the playoffs again the rest of the decade....was that an overreaction?

Exactly...what's the appropriate reaction to cockamamie comments like that? Despite anything he does (getting Harbaugh), he continues to come off like this incompetent tool.

People that don't like the comment and saying it was dumb, seems like a reasonable reaction. It's a matter of opinion, so calling it dumb is certainly a valid opinion.

Saying, the 49ers will never win again with this guy as owner, seems like an over-reaction. So I guess we're going 0-16 this year and the next, and the next...

Agreed, but look through this thread, and all of the outrage over some stupid silly comment that really has no bearing on anything. There's so much hyperbole in here, that my literal interpretation seems reasonable based on the response to his comment.

Fair enough. I mean I don't think this comment will change how many games we win or lose but it just comes off as so shallow considering we finished 3rd place in a division that was won with a 7-9 record.

I'm not sure how to characterize it. Shallow works. Certainly wasn't well thought out. How old is Jed? I think he needs time to mature, learn from his mistakes. That's my only concern is he learning from them. So far, I would say not very well.

He has guaranteed the playoffs in what, 2 different seasons now. He hurried in to the Singletary hiring. In all fairness, given how he filled in as interim coach, it seemed ok at the time. Then he identified Harbaugh as his next coach, and rushed in to that. Sure, there were the obligatory interviews, but I think we all know who the target was. These two examples make me wonder if he learns from his mistakes.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by LoboLtnLvr49er:

Excellent comment!

The Otter is a wise creature.

Otter dont know ish.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I heard that have some of the best weed up North.

Emerald Triangle, baby!
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I heard that have some of the best weed up North.

It ain't too shabby here in the mid south either...
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Amir:

Otter dont know ish.

You're not the first, nor will you be the last, person to say that.
Jed is on KNBR? Okay, thanks for the warning.

*turns off radio*

Whew! That was close.

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Aug 3, 2011 at 13:15:22 ]

Otter dont know ish.

That is not the first, nor will it be the last, time you've posted that comment.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Otter dont know ish.

That is not the first, nor will it be the last, time you've posted that comment.

probably true.

Thanks. This.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
Since we have absolutely owned the division and have won it for 8 straight years they are living in absolute fear. I am sure Rams defensive coaches are living in fear when thinking about game planning for Alex Smith. Cardinals coaches are sweating over the Larry Fitzgerald-Carlos Rogers matchup. Idiot.

I'm just going to post since your name is also Amir.

There is only room for one!

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fight to the death !!!

Cage match in PL.

Good old fashioned leg wrestle maybe?
It's actually quite comical to see people overreact to things they have no control over.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Ya'll just need to smoke a fat ass J and chillax

Haha best smiley ever Sus, doin' that right now, rocking the grape kush.

Banana Kush here!
Would any response to that question have appeased some of the zoners? Nothing the FO says will make certain zoners happy.

I like the suggestions... either smoke a fatty or break your computer, either way the zone will be a more peaceful place after.
Share 49ersWebzone