LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 206 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
***SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS GAMEDAY THREAD (PRESEASON WEEK 1)***

Please, post all the game day happenings here. ALL reactions and observations from the game go here. However, if you have something like an end of quarter analysis thread you would like to post go ahead and make it it's own thread. Please make sure someone didn't beat you to it before you post it.

All threads that are posted out of the game day thread will be deleted and the user may be warned. In the cases where it is appropriate to merge threads (like if an injury happens and everyone reports it at the same time) we will do so.If you want a more interactive experience please check the live chat:
http://49erswebzone.com/chat.shtml

INFO: When? Friday, August 12, 2011

Where? New Orleans

When? 5:00 pm PST 8:00 pm EST
  • Jiks
NO FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
I hope Mike Iupati crushes Aubrayo Franklin to dust.
^^ Thursday August 12!?
woot
I'm very excite!

Now lets remember guys we have a new coaching staff and new system and have had 11(i think) days of practice, probably gonna struggle. So no the season is not ruined if we lose or dont look to hot out there
I am starving for some Niner action!!!

The Saints will be a good test.

I hope they let Kaep take a lot of reps.

I can't wait to see Aldon Smith use his club.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by valrod33:
Now lets remember guys we have a new coaching staff and new system and have had 11(i think) days of practice, probably gonna struggle. So no the season is not ruined if we lose or dont look to hot out there

I think we may be approaching this as more of a scrimmage. More worried about what we are doing than winning. Getting a glimpse of exactly where we are at, and where we need to progress. Not saying were going in to lose, but as you have said 11 practice days. No way we know everything we need to know.

Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

I think we may be approaching this as more of a scrimmage. More worried about what we are doing than winning. Getting a glimpse of exactly where we are at, and where we need to progress. Not saying were going in to lose, but as you have said 11 practice days. No way we know everything we need to know.
thats what i think too but im just trying to remind some posters who may over react for tonights game
Looking forward to what kind and how many different Offensive and Defensive formations, Sets, Motions and Plays.
Go Niners...
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Excellent points!

We know Harbaugh is a competitive guy, but I don't think we're playing this game to win. I think it's going to be used for evaluation and the continued installation of our schemes.

Basically, this is a glorified practice.

Be prepared for some ugly mistakes.
I'm curious to see how far back our corners play from the LOS.

thats what i think too but im just trying to remind some posters who may over react for tonights game

Today is the day that the Zone will explode
Share 49ersWebzone