LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by susweel:
Dont sign him or anyone else during the season.

And lose him in the offseason when someone else offers something better?

Nobody is knocking down the door to sign 30 year old CBs to five or six years deals. Sign him at the end of the season, no need right now to jump the gun on anything. Also he has only played six games, let him put in an entire season and see the results.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Yeah I actually am ok with a 5yr deal added on to his 1 yr deal. I was thinking somewhere with about 15M guaranteed. So, maybe a 5yr extension averaging around 5.25M a yr. So thats 26.25M

Really AB? Wow, that's cool. You think it is very doable then?

I think it's very doable. Cap wise we could pile on some of our remaining cap space this year on his new deal, lowering his cap numbers in the future.
Nobody is knocking down the door to sign 30 year old CBs to five or six years deals. Sign him at the end of the season, no need right now to jump the gun on anything. Also he has only played six games, let him put in an entire season and see the results.

Does Nnamdi ring a bell
  • titan
  • Veteran
A 3 year deal would be good! anything over would be too much!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:

Does Nnamdi ring a bell

Dont you think the Eagles are regretting it.
Carlos Rogers wants a five to six year contract extension with the Niners

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/2011/10/inside-the-49ers/carlos-rogers-wants-a-five-to-six-year-contract-extension-with-the-niners/

Rogers is 30 years old, so giving him a five to six year contract seems foolish. But he's played so well for the Niners that Trent Baalke would have to consider giving him a three to four year deal when this season is over.
3 year deal at the max. if he's still balling halfway through the 2nd season of that deal, then you give him an extra year. And i think he's looking for a major pay day b/c he never really got his chance to get a second contract due to the changing CBA the last 2 years. 5 million a year isn't gonna cut it. I'm think he will want more around 7 mil a year.
For the first time in 10 years I can say with a straight face......I'm good with whatever the FO decides.....
They can sign him to a 10 year deal and won't matter all that much. It's all about the guaranteed money....so I think regardless of years, the guaranteed money he'd be looking for is around $20M (which is essentially giving him $7M per for 3 years) which is slightly lower than what Nnamdi (considered the best CB at the time of signing) and Johnathan Joseph (considerably younger than Rogers) got ($25M guaranteed).
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:42 PM ]
http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?357172-Carlos-Rogers-is-the-2nd-coming-of-Walt-Harris

Intresting???
[ Edited by 94605NiNer on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:47 PM ]

• Jcool
  • Veteran
100% NOT interested.....
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I just find it amazing that the 49ers get the most out of our rejects but we FAIL when trying to do the opposite (Hello Brandon Lloyd and Mike Rumph....and to an extent Andre Carter)

True!
They b***h about him not having hands. They b***h about him tackling well but not laying the wood like a strong safety. I don't think they know what a good corner is.
Hell yeah, Rogers wants to negotiate...
'
[ Edited by 94605NiNer on Oct 26, 2011 at 12:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone