LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

2011 Season - Niners sign Carlos Rogers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
get a clements jersey at a bargain price and put ROGERS on the back
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Many are saying "do it", but the next questions become... "how much cheddar will it take, and for how many years?"

hopefully not so much since hes in the right scheme and likes it here since day 1
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Nice...with him signed, you have Spencer and Culliver and Brown all fighting for the #2 and #3 spots. Fantastic!

Spencer's time is up, its time for some new blood.

Ya that's how it appears. Spencer might still be a contributor this year but it would make sense for us to give Culliver an increased role next season. The Rogers and Culliver CB tandem has alot of potential.

We should draft a CB in the 2nd round to compete with Brown for the Nickle CB role. Depth at CB is a great thing to have. If we can continue to get improved play from our secondary than our D can be dominate. Go Niners!
Originally posted by DUB9IROCZ:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Many are saying "do it", but the next questions become... "how much cheddar will it take, and for how many years?"

hopefully not so much since hes in the right scheme and likes it here since day 1

Well, I am thinking that the contract is gonna have be for at least 3 years, 20 million...

Thoughts? How bout it, AB83 ?
3 year deal with 4th year team option
  • sfout
  • Veteran
get a clements jersey at a bargain price and put ROGERS on the back

I'm sure it would be cheaper to do that even if you have rogers professionally stitched on lol
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
$8-9M per year would be appropriate. He has always been a top 15 corner based upon his coverage ability.

Now that he has his interceptions going...he is a top 3 corner. I don't see anything that could logically dispute that this season.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
because he sucks, no team is going after him

Lol @ both of you
Originally posted by sfout:
I'm sure it would be cheaper to do that even if you have rogers professionally stitched on lol

even cheaper if you use red scotch tape and a jumbo marker
I don't think C. Rogers can do 5 yrs. He's already 30 years old. I would give him a 3-4 year deal. Make it happen Baalke.

Rogers is worth 3yrs $17 million with $2mil incentives for each year plus a fourth year team option at $5-6 mil. I think all new contracts need to have a player incentive factor built in to the contract. If a player pulls a Haynesworth (fat & lazy with a bad attitude) or an injury then he doesn't get the extra money. The money can be tied to off season workouts, # of games started, pro bowls, good stats whatever. Niners have been paying Spencer to sit on his a$$ all year. With a salary cap you can't waste money on a slacker. Not saying that Rogers would do that but you can't pay a player $7 mil to sit out a year because they are injured or lost their starting position at age 33.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He sucks

Still think This?
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
Rogers is worth 3yrs $17 million with $2mil incentives for each year plus a fourth year team option at $5-6 mil. I think all new contracts need to have a player incentive factor built in to the contract. If a player pulls a Haynesworth (fat & lazy with a bad attitude) or an injury then he doesn't get the extra money. The money can be tied to off season workouts, # of games started, pro bowls, good stats whatever. Niners have been paying Spencer to sit on his a$$ all year. With a salary cap you can't waste money on a slacker. Not saying that Rogers would do that but you can't pay a player $7 mil to sit out a year because they are injured or lost their starting position at age 33.

i like!
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
He sucks

Still think This?

No sir
Originally posted by smashmouth51:

i like!

With Paraag... No reason to even worry. Almost every contract under the new regime has been favorable to the niners. My guess is he will get a contract that looks huge but will be completely reasonable when examined more closely. We need Rogers locked down for the next few years as we continue to beef up the secondary. Imagine if we can get a back 4 that looks as good as our front 7, this team will be in games for years to come regardless of who is on offense.
Share 49ersWebzone