LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 239 users in the forums

Where do we go from here , Armchair GM's wanted

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sacniner:
Goldson is asking for too much... Some of you guys might of forgot how he played last year. Dude cannot cover well, bottom line. He is an average FS. I hope we don't overpay for him... Honestly, I think Taylor Mays can be as good as him. Same type of player: fast, hits hard but cannot cover.

Please give me a Merton Hanks type FS, one with coverage skills. Do those guys exist anymore?

yes they do, passed on 1 in the draft 2 take davis....earl thomas, now hes in our div
We are quickly becoming the joke of the NFL. How many players have we "talked to" but haven't signed? Are we attempting to break a record?

The beat writers should be flogged for their coverage of the free agent debackle we are seeing before our eyes. In NYC, Philly, the writers would be shredding the team. In Chicago, they might loss Olin Kreutz, and the media is crucifying the team.

Instead, we are getting a pathetic, "the poor 49ers just can't get anyone because the team is down". Bull-bleep. The team is simply not making an attractive enough offer, if any offer at all.

The top 6 CB's are all off the market now, in the position of greatest need, and we lose a starter at the position. Are we planning to start an undrafted free agent?

The Cardinals just signed Todd Heap, and they stink. We just signed Antwan Applewhite. Raise the banner!!! Championship. I also forgot to mention the equally impressive signings of Ulyssus S. Grant, Johnny Cocopuff, and David Green Akers. Super Bowl here we come.

Be patient, everyone. We have a plan....to not be competitive.
Let's be real folks, very few premier FA's want to play for the Niners. A decade of loosing, and media irrelevance. Most premier FA's would rather play for the Raiders or Redskins, at least they get attention. Anybody that expected us to land Namdi or Sidney, or any other top FA, is far too optimistic.

All we can do now, is build through the draft, and find more FA such as, a Walt Harris, or Spikes.
Jones is now off the market. The Niners probably low-balled him. Or no-balled him.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jul 31, 2011 at 12:06:37 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
We are quickly becoming the joke of the NFL. How many players have we "talked to" but haven't signed? Are we attempting to break a record?

The beat writers should be flogged for their coverage of the free agent debackle we are seeing before our eyes. In NYC, Philly, the writers would be shredding the team. In Chicago, they might loss Olin Kreutz, and the media is crucifying the team.

Instead, we are getting a pathetic, "the poor 49ers just can't get anyone because the team is down". Bull-bleep. The team is simply not making an attractive enough offer, if any offer at all.

The top 6 CB's are all off the market now, in the position of greatest need, and we lose a starter at the position. Are we planning to start an undrafted free agent?

The Cardinals just signed Todd Heap, and they stink. We just signed Antwan Applewhite. Raise the banner!!! Championship. I also forgot to mention the equally impressive signings of Ulyssus S. Grant, Johnny Cocopuff, and David Green Akers. Super Bowl here we come.

Be patient, everyone. We have a plan....to not be competitive.

Whoa! Maddog. I'm surprised to see a guy who has to turn around three times before he can sit down is so impatient.

"debakle"???? A sure sign you're upset, your spelling goes to heck.

Serious question: what do you think of Wragge? (I know, he's not Eric Heitmann.) What's the knock on him, if you know? He's been around for 7 years, has been given a shot now and then, and seems to have done okay, but always gets supplanted by someone else. What gives, do you think?
No need to resign Manny lawson, allthough I do like him, he´s not a 3.4 OLB and I do not belive that he can play ILB nexto to Willis.
manny has failed over and over agin as a rush linebacker, he stes the egde nicely against the run and is good in coverage, yet we need a passrush,especially now that la Boy is also gone!

Kreutz is a nice option, we need someone with experinece on the C postion.

CB is a no brainer, right now we do not have a staring caliber CB, Spencer is mediocre.

Franklin would be nice yet, I think he´s gone.
SIGN;Many Lawson-Aubrayo Franklin-Carlos Rogers,and or Antonio Cromartie
Cedrick Benson-Olin Kreutz-James Jones.
i say we complain some more
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
SIGN;Many Lawson-Aubrayo Franklin-Carlos Rogers,and or Antonio Cromartie
Cedrick Benson-Olin Kreutz-James Jones.

or Marion Barber
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
i say we complain some more

Yeah, let's stick to the plan.

If it were me, heres what i would be looking to do...

WR:Malcom Floyd - Seems like the best option for us out there right now

C: Olin Kreutz - Need to fill this hole, if nothing more, i like the experience he would bring to the table, maybe a tutor for Beesler(sp)

QB: Marc Bulger - We still need a veteran at QB, cant see anyone on the market that would fill this need better

DT: Aubrayo Franklin - sounds like we may just get this guy back...

LB: Lofa Totopu - if he stays healthy, would wbe a nice compliment to Willis

CB: Carlos Rogers - if there is any position in FA that we royally screwed up on, its right here. maybe the best option out there.

or
Trade: CB Asante Samuel, 2012 3rd round pick

S - Dashon Goldson... see Franklin. He may agree to stick around having not finding too many suitors.

Frank Gore.... I would have to come to a compromise. short term deal with an opt out clause...

[ Edited by English81 on Jul 31, 2011 at 13:56:03 ]
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Let's be real folks, very few premier FA's want to play for the Niners. A decade of loosing, and media irrelevance. Most premier FA's would rather play for the Raiders or Redskins, at least they get attention. Anybody that expected us to land Namdi or Sidney, or any other top FA, is far too optimistic.

All we can do now, is build through the draft, and find more FA such as, a Walt Harris, or Spikes.

Nobody wants to play for Oakland.
Okay...I'm going out on a limb here...why are we not getting FAs (if we assume we're really trying)? Two reasons in my mind---no connections due to Baalke's inexperience and questionable offense...so here is what I would do if I was Lucky Spawn:

• Bring in a front office consultant, ie.e Carmen Policy, Vinnie Cerrato, someone who knows the people out there;
  • Bring in Mark Bulger to give Alice a run for his his $$;
    and then sign Kreutz, Abrayo, Goldson, CB, and a WR.

[ Edited by Bobbi9698 on Jul 31, 2011 at 14:13:24 ]
Floyd or Edwards would be a massive success for us in Free Agency.

I dont see the point in bringing back Franklin if we just payed McDonald.

Carlos Rogers, Dimitri Patterson, or Asante Samuel trade is a must. We need Corners that have played and played and had success at the position.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:
Okay...I'm going out on a limb here...why are we not getting FAs (if we assume we're really trying)? Two reasons in my mind---no connections due to Baalke's inexperience and questionable offense...so here is what I would do if I was Lucky Spawn:

• Bring in a front office consultant, ie.e Carmen Policy, Vinnie Cerrato, someone who knows the people out there;
  • Bring in Mark Bulger to give Alice a run for his his $$;

Your screenname is "Bobbi," so the use of the term "Alice" seems particularly ironic.
Share 49ersWebzone