There are 183 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by brhokla:
The team has said all along that they are not going to be big players in free agency..

I would believe this story a bit more if they didn't make a play on Nnamdi, Ocho Cinco, and fly Burress out to CA. Any of those names indicate you're trying to make a splash in free agency, so they talked didn't like what we had to offer and left.
An A+

Purely because I find the lack of news to be less obnoxious than 49ers fans who throw tantrums when we don't outbid every other team every single time for every single free agent.
How can you grade someone before the work is complete? FA isn't even over yet, glad you guys aren't teachers.
F(ail)

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 31, 2011 at 19:44:36 ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for PopeyeJonesing.
Originally posted by travisdecpn:
How can you grade someone before the work is complete? FA isn't even over yet, glad you guys aren't teachers.

True, but remember, this thread (and board in general) is about people's feelings, reality isn't supposed to have anything to do with it.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Eric Allen just gave 49ers an F

"i'm a easy summer school teacher. come to class on time, pay attention and learn. but 49ers are in the back of the class goofing off not pay attention so I have to give them an F"

Who cares about Eric Allen.

Whoever he is, his analogy doesn't even work, who says they're goofing off or not paying attention? Patience, or not grossly overpaying people, does not mean they're not even trying.

I give that writer an F. I give baalke an incomplete, he gets graded at the END of the season.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

True, but remember, this thread (and board in general) is about people's feelings, reality isn't supposed to have anything to do with it.

Well don't leave out all the intellectuals that defend this FO year after year, only to watch them fail to put together a winning record. Yet, still they feel compelled to appeal to the fact that the FO are "professionals" as the trumph card in the competancy debate...
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Zero improvements anywhere.

No attempt to re-sign key starters.

F.

This and the Yorks said no. They blew their cash on Harbaugh. So no more spending.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Well don't leave out all the intellectuals that defend this FO year after year, only to watch them fail to put together a winning record. Yet, still they feel compelled to appeal to the fact that the FO are "professionals" as the trumph card in the competancy debate...

(funny, seriously).

Even more seriously though, isn't it possible for both the FO to be incompetent and for some of the fans to be unstable emotive messes who would be better off building bunkers given that they think the sky has fallen another inch with each unproductive 7th round draft pick, practice squad player who doesn't make the pro-bowl, and free agent who somehow someway actually signed with another team?

[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Jul 31, 2011 at 20:11:02 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

(funny, seriously).

Even more seriously though, isn't it possible for both the FO to be incompetent and for some of the fans to be unstable emotive messes who would be better off building bunkers given that they think the sky has fallen another inch with each unproductive 7th round draft pick, practice squad player who doesn't make the pro-bowl, and free agent who somehow someway actually signed with another team?

Very possible as I am living proof of your theory...
Goldson wasn't good, neither was Franklin, Clements, or Lawson. I dont see what the big deal is. Right now the defense may be better than last year.

[ Edited by fister30 on Jul 31, 2011 at 20:18:58 ]
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
An A+

Purely because I find the lack of news to be less obnoxious than 49ers fans who throw tantrums when we don't outbid every other team every single time for every single free agent.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Zero improvements anywhere.

No attempt to re-sign key starters.

F.

This and the Yorks said no. They blew their cash on Harbaugh. So no more spending.

This team has only a few truly good players. The rest are either below average, or about average. But they are letting half of our average players walk without any back up plan.

We just took a step back from the relatively little we had last year. Talent that only won us 6 games. How many are we going to win with even less talent?

Even if you're not a fan of some of the guys we let walk, or some of the guys we're not signing this offseason, there's still no way to condone not having a back up plan at CB, C, S, NT or WR.