LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

so so job ..if you like a why we have lost in the past 3 post season ..one common factor a wr ....after giants nfc championship ...he has 2 draft to find another receiver ...we picked up .moss .mannigham..boldin & our problem is still not solved...
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
None of the above, he has been trying, UFAs just do not want anything to do with SF.

This is based on what? Everyone knows the niners are interested in keeping their own and the front office and GM must think of the future and the Salary cap-otherwise we end up like when they first started the cap and we bled and died with carmen and dwight in charge.

Look at some of the UFA signings now a days that have failed more often than not including our own.

Too many people are into making a splash just to make THEMSELVES FEEL better about their team or as the saying goes all show no go or something without substance.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
so so job ..if you like a why we have lost in the past 3 post season ..one common factor a wr ....after giants nfc championship ...he has 2 draft to find another receiver ...we picked up .moss .mannigham..boldin & our problem is still not solved...
You say so so, I say look at the system in place. I am sure a majority of teams and fans would like to have the last three seasons that the niners have had. We are not a passing system team and we are in the third year. 1 1/2 if you take from a QB starting in our system. While the others sucked Boldin was a great p/u, put the blame on where it lies, coaches put their players in a position to win we came up short. This includes Kyle Williams, coaching him right even on game day on what to do not to do especially in certain situations. Against the Ravens and Seattle- one more good play. If you are looking for Fritz or Megatron- theyare rare players and you have to be a loser to get one of those. Trade away the future for a Julio and get inconsisten team play like the Falcons?

I say he has been doing a really good job-not great. Soso is like for teams that are 8-8 to 10-6.
Baalke has done a standout job as GM. Harbaugh's ability to develop quarterbacks trumps anything that Baalke has done or will do.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Baalke has done a standout job as GM. Harbaugh's ability to develop quarterbacks trumps anything that Baalke has done or will do.

Except he hasn't developed anyone yet. CK has tons of raw talent coming out of every pore in his body BUT he still leads a 30th ranked offense at the end of the day and ESPN the Magazine showed that Kaepernick had an accuracy rating of 54.6 percent under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL. Meanwhile, he was sacked on 20.2 percent of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters. Alex Smith used to be sacked a ton as well under Harbaugh's oversight but had a much higher completion percentage and spread the ball around much better but didn't have the explosive ability or upside CK has. Also, there are still many questions and concerns around CK's footwork, basic QB mechanics, one-read abilities, accuracy outside the sideline/intermediate passes, decision making esp. in the RZ, lack of use and accuracy in the short and deep passing game, etc. Let's also note too that CK was considered by many, most fans to have "regressed" last year.

Personally, with this archaic offense, I'd still need 2 more years before being in position to say, "Harbaugh developed CK."
You let us get Matt Millen in here and let us see him trump that! And a QB can't win by himself. He needs help from his GM as well in the form of a defense and a running game. Ask Peyton Rodgers Brees and Brady about that these last couple seasons. Just because Stafford throws for 5000 doesn't equate to chips!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Mar 2, 2014 at 7:47 AM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
What has Belichick ever accomplished without Brady? With Cleveland? Nothing. With Bledsoe? Nothing. At any other level of football? Nothing.

What has Harbaugh accomplished without Kaepernick? With Smith? NFC Championship appearance. In college? Orange Bowl victory. Div II? Turned the team around to win two consecutive league championships; not only that but developed / found Josh Johnson, a division II quarterback who was drafted in the NFL, and made several NFL rosters.

So again. What has Belichick ever done without Brady? NOTHING.

Brady is the legend. Not Belichick.

Well, you could argue that they went 11-5 without Brady, let alone with matt Cassell. Brady and bellicheck are both legends.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Except he hasn't developed anyone yet. CK has tons of raw talent coming out of every pore in his body BUT he still leads a 30th ranked offense at the end of the day and ESPN the Magazine showed that Kaepernick had an accuracy rating of 54.6 percent under pressure last season, the worst mark in the NFL. Meanwhile, he was sacked on 20.2 percent of snaps when under duress, the fourth-worst rate among starters. Alex Smith used to be sacked a ton as well under Harbaugh's oversight but had a much higher completion percentage and spread the ball around much better but didn't have the explosive ability or upside CK has. Also, there are still many questions and concerns around CK's footwork, basic QB mechanics, one-read abilities, accuracy outside the sideline/intermediate passes, decision making esp. in the RZ, lack of use and accuracy in the short and deep passing game, etc. Let's also note too that CK was considered by many, most fans to have "regressed" last year.

Personally, with this archaic offense, I'd still need 2 more years before being in position to say, "Harbaugh developed CK."

I like Kap, but agree with pretty much all of this. He can and does do it all, but the consistency varies and that's where he struggles. While Harbaugh gets the credit for turning around Alex's career, there is statistical proof that process had begun slightly before Harbaugh arrived and imo he gets too much credit for that.
[ Edited by WINiner on Mar 2, 2014 at 9:40 AM ]
Agree w/WINiner.

JH is an excellent coach BUT - IMO he seems a bit too stubborn w/the offense. It's not Roman's offense, it's JH and he makes the final call as far as plays and scheme.
PROPS!!!

I'm hoping this thing has been misreported, this is supposed to be a team . We do it together , we do it right , period .
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I'm hoping this thing has been misreported, this is supposed to be a team . We do it together , we do it right , period .

Media sensationalism
Originally posted by NCommand:

I guess getting to a SB and an NFC Championship game does not count for much. Low pass completion, poor foot work, bad mechanics, only one read mechanics, if we can get as far next year I'll take all the shortcomings.

Baalke gets the better of other GM's in trades.

We moved up 13 spots in the 1st round last year for a 3rd round pick. Has any other GM ever pulled that off? Usually a move of 7 spots or more costs at least a 2nd rounder.

We moved back 6 spots in the 2nd round and collected a 3rd round pick.
Then moved up 5 spots in the 2nd round and paid a 6th round pick. WOW

We traded for Anquan Boldin and paid a 6th round pick. Nice

This is the 2nd draft in a row where I believe we have the most picks. Nice
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Baalke gets the better of other GM's in trades.

We moved up 13 spots in the 1st round last year for a 3rd round pick. Has any other GM ever pulled that off? Usually a move of 7 spots or more costs at least a 2nd rounder.

We moved back 6 spots in the 2nd round and collected a 3rd round pick.
Then moved up 5 spots in the 2nd round and paid a 6th round pick. WOW
We traded for Anquan Boldin and paid a 6th round pick. Nice

This is the 2nd draft in a row where I believe we have the most picks. Nice

And you can bet we will pay a little capital forward into 2015 where we will pick in double digits again!
Share 49ersWebzone