LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

I remember when some in the Zone wanted that walking turd Lombardi.
I'll post this information here as well as it's very important for many to SEE all that Baalke did for us just last year alone...many moves were absolutely critical to our immediate success and into the future (player personnel and cap). Harbaugh is in charge of the 46 per MM.

Lost:
WR Marlon Moore
OLB Jermaine Cunningham
CB Marcus Cooper
QB B.J. Daniels
OLB Parys Haralson (Saints) for 7th rounder
OLB Cam Johnson (Colts) for 7th rounder
WR AJ Jenkins (traded for WR Jon Baldwin, Chiefs)
QB Alex Smith
TE Delanie Walker
WR Randy Moss
NT Issac Sopoaga
NT Ricky Jean Francois
FS Dashon Goldson
K David Akers
PR Ted Ginn
LB Larry Grant

Gained:
2014 Draft - 300 more draft picks
2013 Draft Class - all signed, sealed and delivered!
OC Greg Roman - through 2015
QB McLeod Bethel-Thompson
QB John Skelton
OLB Jermaine Cunningham
FB Owen Marecic
WR Chris Harper
QB Seneca Wallace
WR Jon Baldwin
CB Eric Wright - one year contract
WR Austin Collie, Charly Martin, Lavelle Hawkins
TED: Travis Johnson
RDE Justin Smith - restructures; signed through 2015; huge salary cap relief move. Win-win! Thank you Justin/FO.
P Colton Schmidt - Championship!
WR Kassim Osgood
WR Brandon Carswell - psych!
OC Assistant Eric Mangini - one year deal
C Goodwin - reduction $1.2 million in base salary
OT/OG - Adam Snyder - 2-year, $2.45M
WR Ronald Curry - LOL...as an offensive assistant
MIKE LB Patrick Willis - restructures deal. The 49ers will move $1.687 million of Willis' scheduled 2013 base salary to a signing bonus, which allows them to spread the cap hit out over the final four years of Willis' deal with the team. Willis' base salary for the 2013 season will now be just $715,000 and it is fully guaranteed
TE Cameron Morrah - 1 year $630K
OT Anthony Davis - scheduled to make $1.3M this year (signed a 5 year extension worth $37M; 17M Guaranteed)
CB Nnamdi Asomugha - $1.35M (with a chance to make an additional $1.65M)
QB Colt McCoy - $1.5M per ESPN
S Darcel McBath - $630,000
WR Marlon Moore - $630,000
PK Phil Dawson - $2.25M
WILL OLB Parys Haralson - $1.3M (with a chance to make $1.7M)
FS Craig Dahl - $1.783
MLB/ST Dan Skuta - $1.35M
NT/DE Glenn Dorsey - $2.2M
WR Anquan Boldin - for second 6th rounder @ $6M; looking to restructure a LT deal.
NT Ian Williams - filling in for RJF @ $888,333
CB Tramaine Brock - 1.3M
WR Joe Hasting - $405,000
WR Ricardo Lockette - $480,000 - cut for Seneca Wallace
WR Mario Manningham - restructured his deal, lowering his base salary to $1.8M (they also eliminated his roster and workout bonuses)

2013 Draft:
1. First round (No. 18 overall, from Dallas) FS Eric Reid, LSU
2. Second round (No. 40 overall, from Tennessee): RDE Cornellius "Tank" Carradine, Florida State
3. Second round (No. 55 overall, from Green Bay): TE Vance McDonald, Rice
4. Third round (No. 88 overall, from Green Bay): SAM OLB Corey Lemonier, Auburn
5. Fourth round (No. 128 overall): WR Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech
6. Fourth round (No. 131 overall, compensatory): RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina
7. Fifth round (No. 157 overall, from Indianapolis): LDE Quinton Dial, Alabama
8. Sixth round (No. 180 overall, from Miami): MIKE/TED LB Nick Moody, Florida State
9. Seventh round (No. 237 overall): QB B.J. Daniels, South Florida
10. Seventh round (No. 246 overall, compensatory): LT Carter Bykowski, Iowa State
11. Seventh round (No. 252 overall, compensatory): CB Marcus Cooper, Rutgers

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/171861-2013-team-needs-updates/#QfdmBtl1jGkBCfWj.99
THIS POST MAKES NO SINCE, OUR STAFF ROCKS
Originally posted by Constantine:

Our FO is stellar...from personnel to the draft to the cap to the stadium; best in the business
Our defensive coaches are some of the very best...from Fangio down to Tomsula
Our offense and ST's are some of the most average to worst...from Roman down to Seely and Morton.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Constantine:

Our FO is stellar...from personnel to the draft to the cap to the stadium; best in the business
Our offense and ST's are some of the most average to worst...from Roman down to Seely and Morton.

stop making since, you're confusing him

QFT...
Overall, I think Baalke's done a good job of managing the cap and acquiring good players for Harbaugh. I also have to point out he (Baalke) is the one constant between both Singletary's and Harbaugh's tenures as head coaches. Neither head coach has had a particularly great relationship with him. What I'm suggesting is it's possible Baalke's perhaps a bigger part of the rift between the FO and the bench than we think or may know of. I get Harbaugh's personality and Baalke's may not mesh that well. I agree JH should get a contract extension...but not as the highest paid head coach, because although he's led his team to 3 consecutive playoffs and one SB, his record pales in comparison to someone like Belichick, who has 3 Lombardi's and has kept his team among the NFL's elite for well over a decade. The other thing is I think it's time Jed York put on his big-boy panties and quell all the hoopla by telling both Baalke and Harbaugh "we're in this together and I expect cooperation at all levels to insure we win another Super Bowl".
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Overall, I think Baalke's done a good job of managing the cap and acquiring good players for Harbaugh. I also have to point out he (Baalke) is the one constant between both Singletary's and Harbaugh's tenures as head coaches. Neither head coach has had a particularly great relationship with him. What I'm suggesting is it's possible Baalke's perhaps a bigger part of the rift between the FO and the bench than we think or may know of. I get Harbaugh's personality and Baalke's may not mesh that well. I agree JH should get a contract extension...but not as the highest paid head coach, because although he's led his team to 3 consecutive playoffs and one SB, his record pales in comparison to someone like Belichick, who has 3 Lombardi's and has kept his team among the NFL's elite for well over a decade. The other thing is I think it's time Jed York put on his big-boy panties and quell all the hoopla by telling both Baalke and Harbaugh "we're in this together and I expect cooperation at all levels to insure we win another Super Bowl".

Nice post!
Nice post!

X2
Baakle a liar and screwed over singletary

What has Belichick ever accomplished without Brady? With Cleveland? Nothing. With Bledsoe? Nothing. At any other level of football? Nothing.

What has Harbaugh accomplished without Kaepernick? With Smith? NFC Championship appearance. In college? Orange Bowl victory. Div II? Turned the team around to win two consecutive league championships; not only that but developed / found Josh Johnson, a division II quarterback who was drafted in the NFL, and made several NFL rosters.

So again. What has Belichick ever done without Brady? NOTHING.

Brady is the legend. Not Belichick.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
What has Belichick ever accomplished without Brady? With Cleveland? Nothing. With Bledsoe? Nothing. At any other level of football? Nothing.

What has Harbaugh accomplished without Kaepernick? With Smith? NFC Championship appearance. In college? Orange Bowl victory. Div II? Turned the team around to win two consecutive league championships; not only that but developed / found Josh Johnson, a division II quarterback who was drafted in the NFL, and made several NFL rosters.

So again. What has Belichick ever done without A. Vinatieri? NOTHING.

A. Vinatieri is the legend. Not Belichick.

I agree + don't forget the footage
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Mar 1, 2014 at 9:35 PM ]
First of all, I think Baalke has done a Good Job drafting sans the 2012 Draft, BUT Harbaugh has done an EVEN better job coaching.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

So again. What has Belichick ever done without Brady? NOTHING.

Brady is the legend. Not Belichick.

Hellava POST man!!

Baalke has done a tremendous job with our team, so I really hope ownership steps in and makes the HarBaalke connection work and shut down the league-wide chatter of haters and former casualties left wounded by the Scarlet and Gold. Harballer is proven at EVERY level...even while developing QBs and enjoying success at San Diego State. Jimbo Bleeds "GOLDEN STATE" Football!

Nice post!

REAL SH^T bro agree. I just would hate to have HC Har to walk over a couple xtra mill a year (although its not my money and doesn't affect the CAP) and mainly "principle" and pride.....b/c Im not high on any NFL coach replacing him and duplicating his success. On the other hand I do believe, while I'm one of HARBS biggest fans and hate to nitpick b/c ALL great coaches make mistakes (including Sean P & Belck), but the last 2 decisions or lack thereof in the 2012 SB and 2013 NFCCG by not calling a TO with basically a rookie QB on the field with the game on the line-----should be factored into this equation when contract extensions to become highest paid coach in NFL are discussed.
Share 49ersWebzone