LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Can we give some props to Trent Baalke?

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Eric Allen just gave 49ers an F

"i'm a easy summer school teacher. come to class on time, pay attention and learn. but 49ers are in the back of the class goofing off not pay attention so I have to give them an F"
It would have been nice to get a top rated CB, and a top rated WR. But I am happy with the process. Trying to get different players, and getting a few, we will see soon if he got enough players for us to work with and win or not. If Goldson, Franklin, and Lawson come back that would say something. Then if we get a CB and WR that work for us, then that will be another positive. Then we get to see if Harbaugh can make it all work on the field. So I am good with Baalke, but time will tells whether that is accurate or not.
Too early to know. My feeling is he will get someone really solid but we'll have to wait and see.
I've been keeping my 'cool' all this time awaiting the results of the 'Olin Kreutz situation' (not as worried about what s**tty CB we'll sign to fill Clements spot, cause Center is the third most important position on a team; third to QB & Pass-rusher).

If we don't get Kreutz, I'll fully support/join the "FRONT OFFICE SUCKS!" bandwagon.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
F. f**k Him!!!

yep...
I - Incomplete
Originally posted by strickac:
We've established a track record of failure. Most veterans want to go to a winning organization. You can't blame Baalke for our recent history.

He's trying to sign guys, but we're just not a legit consideration for most players. Baalke's hands are kind of tied.

I agree. If you notice, we're losing out to teams like the Jets or the Chargers. Teams are avoiding us because we've been a loser for so long.

But yeah. I'm not too upset about it. Baalke had already said we weren't going to be huge players in free agency, but he's still trying to be a lot more active than he said he would.

In the end though... out of the triumvirate of Harbaugh, Baalke, and Jed York... it's going to be PRIMARILY Harbaugh who makes us the winning team, I think.
  • JMAD
  • Veteran
I hope he knows what he is doing cuz I don't c it yet hopefully it comes together
Originally posted by NinerGM:
I keep reading posts that say "cheap" and "low ball offer" - where is this coming from? I'm not reading this in any of the tweets or articles. I'm also not seeing it in articles. Are they saying this on ESPN? I haven't seen Schefter say it ... just trying to figure out where this is coming from ....

If you're refering to my use of "low-ball offer" it was in the context of extending a player like Brooks or Haralson, but paying them less than what someone of that skill set or position would actually make if they were established....i.e. Bonafied passrusher.
incompetent

*beating dead horse*
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by brhokla:
The team has said all along that they are not going to be big players in free agency..

I would believe this story a bit more if they didn't make a play on Nnamdi, Ocho Cinco, and fly Burress out to CA. Any of those names indicate you're trying to make a splash in free agency, so they talked didn't like what we had to offer and left.
An A+

Purely because I find the lack of news to be less obnoxious than 49ers fans who throw tantrums when we don't outbid every other team every single time for every single free agent.
How can you grade someone before the work is complete? FA isn't even over yet, glad you guys aren't teachers.
F(ail)

[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Jul 31, 2011 at 19:44:36 ]
Share 49ersWebzone